Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 22-06-11, 13:04   #91
Sgt BOMBULOUS

Natla's Mines consistently scores at the bottom of most level run-downs... No surprises here really, it's a dismal, frustrating level with unimaginative puzzles.
Sgt BOMBULOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 14:00   #92
Karen_Leslie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikesavenger View Post
Karen:

Stop having a job and finish this.

<3
Heh thanks I think. I'm getting close though, right? Two levels to go! *pumps tiny fists*
Karen_Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 14:09   #93
SoulReaver74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_Leslie View Post
Heh thanks I think. I'm getting close though, right? Two levels to go! *pumps tiny fists*
Good luck! , if your attempting these with no medipacks, i will pray for you. Just at the end of Atlantis with all secrets and no medipacks, the task was huge but i've made it this far, bring on Natla!.
SoulReaver74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 14:44   #94
caisenma

Quote:
Now now, you promised the entire series.
caisenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 20:37   #95
Karen_Leslie

Maybe, but Sheepman will play through each game 47 times before I even get up to Lara changing into her wetsuit in TR2
Karen_Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 20:47   #96
sheepman23

Quote:
Maybe, but Sheepman will play through each game 47 times before I even get up to Lara changing into her wetsuit in TR2
Some of those games would get awfully monotonous...

Karen, I don't care how fast or slow you go - I love your reviews and greatly look forward to the next one!

P.S. - Sorry I go so fast.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 22:14   #97
caisenma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepman23 View Post
P.S. - Sorry I go so fast.
Getting into worrying territory now. :P

Anyway, I patiently await these new posts, they're as enjoyable to read just for the language used as the content itself.
I love how we have all sorts of playthroughs at the moment, the wonderful prose here contrasting with Luigi's hilarious screencaps in the AoD forum, and The Sheepmeister's unparalleled attention to detail and accuracy.
caisenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-11, 23:53   #98
larafan25

WOW, this is extremely entertaining to read! You should write all kinds of things because my attention was held.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen_Leslie
I think it’s time for another one of my experimental Tomb Raider theories: I think Skateboard Kid is Natla’s son. I think he was like “Mom, can we put a skateboard park in the mines so I can have fun in between beating up all of the miners?”, and at first she was like “No, that’s asinine,” but he kept whining, so she eventually gave in. It’s completely arbitrary and stupid because it’s the result of an arbitrary boy’s whim.
This part is fantastic BTW!

Going to read more, however....

I can't help but wonder. All those people who complain about CD's TRA commentaries putting down TR1. This is all it was. TR1 is fantastic but it (like every TR game) has it's moments when you general say "Core, why?" or "Crystal, W-T-H!?" and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-11, 01:57   #99
sheepman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by caisenma View Post
Getting into worrying territory now. :P

Anyway, I patiently await these new posts, they're as enjoyable to read just for the language used as the content itself.
I love how we have all sorts of playthroughs at the moment, the wonderful prose here contrasting with Luigi's hilarious screencaps in the AoD forum, and The Sheepmeister's unparalleled attention to detail and accuracy.
Indeed. If I'm right, there are 5 playthroughs going on right now:

Karen Leslie's TR1
Vinkula's TR3
Reggie's TR3
Luigi's AoD
and my TRA

and all of them great for different reasons. Whereas ones like Vinkula's and Luigi's go for funnier screen caps and more humor, ones like mine and Reggie's are more down to the detailed gameplay. Karen's are different still - I love the way she does her reviews in different sections and focuses more on the entire meaning of a place in Tomb Raider.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-11, 11:46   #100
LuigiEspadachin

Well, I've finally started reading this dang thing. And I love it. Perfect mix of academic analysis with a few jokes for a good chuckle. :3

Peru thoughts -

- I love your little analogy in Vilcabamba about Lara finding a siren voice calling her to explore the tombs. That's a more pleasant version of the character I see. ^^ She loves exploring, but only acts on violence because there's either animals trying to eat her or mercenaries trying to shoot her.

- Wait, when did Larson get a beard? Is that a PSN-TR1 exclusive? A mod? Or what? (Only had the PC game)

- I do agree with The Lost Valley too. First, you're in the real world then BAM into bat-crazy land.

Greece thoughts -
- Maybe Pierre DID die in Chronicles and what you see is a ghost form!

- The hybrid of Roman and Greek mythology. It burnnnnsssss. Say what you want about Anniversary, at least it straightened that out. I haven't read much into either culture, only lipservice, so I wouldn't know specific details they get wrong.

- I prefer the PlayStation reflective effect. While on PC its understandable there were limitations at the time,she kind of looks like a white chocolate bar.

- It would have been funny if you could trick Pierre to stand on the Midas Hand and turn him to gold. But he dosen't appear there. So sad face is in order.

- Can probably see why Crystal merged the Cistern and Tomb of Tihocan into one

- I like your thoughts on plot so far too ^_^

Egypt thoughts -

-...Where IS the City of Khamoon anyways?

- The Panther Mummies ARE scary ;;

- I'd love to know how Larson got to where Lara was in Sanctuary of the Scion. He dosen't really look mobile

Atlantis thoughts -

- "Let's try the lunch box"..well, Lara's back pack is small enough to be one.

- Natla's Mines was annoying from what I played of it (Which wasn't much)...I actually prefer the Tomb Raider Anniversary version.

Good work!
LuigiEspadachin is offline   Reply With Quote