Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 06-10-17, 09:16   #27971
AntRaidsTombs

Blood Ties brought me to tears, it was sooooo good!!! I refrained from watching any gameplay until I got to play it, and it was definitely worth the wait.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-17, 09:30   #27972
Patrick star

Curious question : why haven't you played it day one but waited an entire year to do so ?
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-17, 09:56   #27973
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
Curious question : why haven't you played it day one but waited an entire year to do so ?
Long story short, I had the xbox one version of the game, but ended up giving it along with the xbox one away, to a child less fortunate. Was supposed to get a PS4 from my friend’s son, but he ended up selling it to Gamestop. I purchased the PS4 version, so I could already have it. I saved up to get a PS4 but then decided to get the Pro. A year later I finally got the pro for a bargain, and here we are lol. Ended up being a long story anyway lol
Old 06-10-17, 10:44   #27974
Mani_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I am finally playing Rise on my PS4 Pro, and I must say it looks soooo much better!!
I wished i had a big TV and a PS4 pro...the game already looks stunning on the normal Ps4.
Its crazy that the games visuals can still hold up to newer games...that is impressive in a age were graphics are so fast outdated.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-17, 15:29   #27975
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Long story short, I had the xbox one version of the game, but ended up giving it along with the xbox one away, to a child less fortunate. Was supposed to get a PS4 from my friend’s son, but he ended up selling it to Gamestop. I purchased the PS4 version, so I could already have it. I saved up to get a PS4 but then decided to get the Pro. A year later I finally got the pro for a bargain, and here we are lol. Ended up being a long story anyway lol
Ah well , glad you finally got to your goal
Old 06-10-17, 19:06   #27976
Yeauxleaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
^All things considered , I don't think anyone can call its sales "bad" . Actually , they're quite descent , but let me just state the obvious and say that they would've been way better if it wasn't for the Xbone deal .
I thought it was a silly move from day 1

Given the Playstations have consistently given TR a platform from the very beginning, one would assume there's still a very large and loyal TR fanbase on the PS4. I don't think the games should be Playstation exclusive either, but if there's one console series you don't take TR away from, it's the one that basically catapulted it into fame. That's just downright stupid business logic, and I hope they've learned their lesson from the dragging they got when it was announced.

Also silly given the relatively poor sales figures of the Xbox One compared to the PS4. However much they were paid off by Microsoft, their game was always going to sell more on PS4.

The whole stunt was an incredibly transparent attempt by Microsoft at saving their underperforming console, by buying out a popular title from underneath the fans on PS4 in the hope they'd buy an Xbox One just to play it a year earlier. Thank God most fans on PS4 had sense and patience, because that's just dirty imo and I'd have hated for them to majorly profit off of doing it.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 06-10-17 at 19:12.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-17, 01:03   #27977
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I thought it was a silly move from day 1
Oh believe me , we all thought the same I see you weren't on the forums 3 years ago , you've missed a huge deal of the severity of rage with which we've reacted upon the announcement as it was stil fresh . I posted the most dramatic post one could ever see , I came home after having one of the worst exams at college and doing miserably in it just to see that TR2013's sequel is going to be Xbox exclusive (and that was even before Phil says that it's a timed exclusivity) as the icing on the cake , I went completely MAD

Last edited by Patrick star; 07-10-17 at 01:05.
Old 07-10-17, 21:48   #27978
AntRaidsTombs

All these editions of Rise, and they still haven’t fixed the rope lol
Old 11-10-17, 07:50   #27979
jackoimina

OMGG going through Rise again, I just can't stand these hordes of enemieesss, been playing for an hour now and it's just shooting people around and grabbing a ledge or two here and there I guess the replay values have now finally worn out completely for me
jackoimina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-17, 07:52   #27980
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackoimina View Post
OMGG going through Rise again, I just can't stand these hordes of enemieesss, been playing for an hour now and it's just shooting people around and grabbing a ledge or two here and there I guess the replay values have now finally worn out completely for me
You must just play the story straight through and don’t explore at all because I am replaying it and haven’t had not one problem with hordes of enemies