Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 02-08-16, 23:26   #11
Chamayoo

Maybe by replacing all Egypt TRA textures with the LCTOO ones with TexMod, it could be interesting to see.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 02-08-16 at 23:39.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 07:43   #12
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Well, to be honest, Anniversary is my least favourite game of the Trilogy... But not because of the factors you mentioned...
It's that this game is, IMO, very buggy!!! There are some parts where Lara, instead of jumping to the next ledge (eg in Lost Valley level) she will ignore the ''jump'' order and will fall cheerfully to her death Or, in other parts (like in St Francis Folly and Obelisk of Khamoon levels) she won't grab some ledges underneath her that she was supposed to and instead overlook them and fall down Last, but not least, I hate the adrenaline dodge, because it can make your progress very difficult when you encounter a large horde of enemies (you focus on the enemy that rushes at you, you get hit by other enemies...you focus on other enemies, you get hit by the one that rushes on you)!!!
So, although, it's an easy, linear game IMO (at least much easier in most parts than TR1) these factors make the gameplay, for me at least, very unenjoyable!!!

Last edited by JohnCroft25; 06-08-16 at 07:06.
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 10:11   #13
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCroft25 View Post
Well, to be honest, Anniversary is my least favourite game of the Trilogy... But not because of the factors you mentioned...
It's that this game is, IMO, very buggy!!! There are some parts where Lara, instead of jumping to the next ledge (eg in Lost Valley level) she will ignore the ''jump'' order and will fall cheerfully to her death Or, in other parts (like in St Francis Folly and Obelisk of Khamoon levels) she won't grab some ledges underneath her that she was supposed to and instead overlook them and fall down Last, but not least, I hate the adrenaline dodge, because it can make your progress very difficult when you encounter a large horde of enemies (you focus on the enemy that rushes at you, you get hit by other enemies...you focus on other enemies, you get hit by the one that rushes on you)!!!
So, although, it's an easy, linear game IMO (at least much easier in most parts than TR1) these factors make the gameplay, IMO, very unenjoyable!!!
This happens to me sometimes, but instead of falling to her death so I can restart, she falls so far down and loses 2% of her health WAT
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 10:17   #14
JohnCroft25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardspock110 View Post
This happens to me sometimes, but instead of falling to her death so I can restart, she falls so far down and loses 2% of her health WAT
Well, depending on the situation, this might be a good thingOn other occasions, though, (like falling on pits) only a manual restart or Ultimate Bug Jump could help
JohnCroft25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 17:43   #15
AnEntireAmazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
I never understood the obsession with her father or to look at her hands.
It's such a plain vanilla story element.
Ugh, I could puke all the time when I hear the voice of her father in the cutscenes.
I agree
AnEntireAmazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 18:16   #16
lizardspock110

Found another one. Damn, can't believe this. Concept art always looks better somehow...Hate it when Developers remove flawless ideas.
Old 03-08-16, 18:18   #17
ThatSassyKid

^ they kept that tho
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 18:22   #18
lizardspock110

I know but colour is different, it looks dark here and colours and lighting look gorgeous
Old 03-08-16, 20:01   #19
Jorje Croft

Excuse me Sir but I'm not consider with you. TRA is most tombraiderish game CD ever created. I absolutely love it compared to other CD's game. You can look just at Lara's model how iconic she is and forget everything. Love this game in every aspect. It could be better but still best modern TR ( Feel Old now) Feel of isolation. silence, danger, puzzles, good action and bosses. For classic fans its just a piece of cake.
Jorje Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-16, 20:03   #20
lizardspock110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorje Croft View Post
Excuse me Sir but I'm not consider with you. TRA is most tombraiderish game CD ever created. I absolutely love it compared to other CD's game. You can look just at Lara's model how iconic she is and forget everything. Love this game in every aspect. It could be better but still best modern TR ( Feel Old now) Feel of isolation. silence, danger, puzzles, good action and bosses. For classic fans its just a piece of cake.
Jorje is back, where have you been all these days huh?

Boss fights are awesome, loved them so much especially the way lara's braid flies when running hahaha