Closed Thread

Old 01-05-12, 05:11   #2651
Tony9595

Well, that looks pretty good!
Old 01-05-12, 05:27   #2652
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Arrow

So, I've got some bad news for people waiting for KHIII...

Quote:
It's May 1st in Japan, which means Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance] Ultimania is now officially released! Thanks to FF Reunion, we now have a bit of information from the interview that may pique your interests.

Nomura says that there is no plan for a Final Mix for Kingdom Hearts 3D at the current time, and that there will be an announcement for Kingdom Hearts in the near future!

Update: aibo_ac7 of FF Reunion has also provided more information from the interview found on 2ch!
Quote:
Does the secret message you unlock mean Kingdom Hearts 3?

Nomura: Use your imagination. You will eventually find the answer."

Volume 2 of Birth by Sleep? Continuation of Birth by Sleep?

Nomura: That is to say the story for BBS vol. 2 exists but that story has been cut off. There is potential for a sequel to Birth by Sleep, but there are no plans for it right now.
The series producer also mentions that he wishes to see Pixar films in the Kingdom Hearts series.

Update 2: bKvEBVAvUq provided a summary of the interview, of which said that multiple titles are in production by the Osaka team who made Birth By Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 3D.
[Source]

GOD DAMN IT NOMURA! You promised after KH3D we would be getting no more titles and KHIII would be next. Unless one of those titles that are being developed is KHIII, it looks like we may be getting more side stories or even spin-offs. Ten bucks they announce a game for the Wii U at E3.

Oh well, who am I kidding? I'll end up being interested. Please just give us KHIII soon. ;___;
Old 01-05-12, 08:52   #2653
Ceamonks890

For goodness sake, now this is just getting ridiculous Possibly more side-story KH games Can't they just cancel that Final Fantasy Versus game already(since it's never going to be coming out at this rate), so the main KH team can get started on KH3?
Old 01-05-12, 08:56   #2654
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceamonks890 View Post
Can't they just cancel that Final Fantasy Versus game already(since it's never going to be coming out at this rate), so the main KH team can get started on KH3?
Nope, a lot of time and money has gone into the project. It would be stupid to cancel it. Plus it already has loads of people ready to buy it.
Old 01-05-12, 11:28   #2655
RoxasKennedy

What the hell is Birth by Sleep Volume 2??

I keep seeing it everywhere, but I have no idea what is it!
Is it a DLC? A manga? A book? Or something else?
Old 01-05-12, 11:33   #2656
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

It's the secret ending included on BBS Final Mix. It's supposed to be a teaser to BBS2.
Old 01-05-12, 11:58   #2657
igonge

I don't really pay that much attention to what he says, like, ever. Most of what he spews is bollocks. Like I said before, biggest troll alive.
Old 01-05-12, 12:29   #2658
ultima espio

He didn't say that one of them wasn't KH3

The other one could be something completely different, like FF has Dissidia and theatryrhm...

Or it could be set after KH3. Who knows
Old 02-05-12, 01:27   #2659
Camera Obscura

The summons in KH2 are kind of eh. The only good ones are Genie and Stitch. In fact, Stitch is GOD. He deflects 99% of attacks made on Sora, plays his ukulele to catch enemies in a loop while they drop munny/HP orbs, replenishes Sora's MP to the point that I could shoot off infinite magic, and on special occasions even heals me. Plus he's one of my most favorite Disney characters.

Kingdom Hearts needs more Stitch. ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
I never used the forms.
On my first playthrough I never used them because the drive bar always ran out quickly and it just seemed like too much work to replenish them. But on Proud Mode I found them to be very very useful, in fact I was in Drive Mode more than normal mode for most boss battles. I actually hope Drive forms return in KH3.

In fact, considering all the plot points set up by the inbetween games, I think Drive form should get revamped. Instead of colors, Sora could change like this:

Sora -> Roxas "Valor form"
Sora -> ??? "Wisdom form"
Sora -> Ventus "Master form"
Sora -> Xion "Limit form"
Sora -> Vanitas "Anti-form"
Sora -> Amped up Sora with everyone's powers "Final-form"

Just introduce another "heart" in Sora and you'll have someone to fill in Wisdom form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
So, I've got some bad news for people waiting for KHIII...

[Source]

GOD DAMN IT NOMURA! You promised after KH3D we would be getting no more titles and KHIII would be next. Unless one of those titles that are being developed is KHIII, it looks like we may be getting more side stories or even spin-offs. Ten bucks they announce a game for the Wii U at E3.

Oh well, who am I kidding? I'll end up being interested. Please just give us KHIII soon. ;___;
Eh, I kind of half-expected this. I didn't think Nomura would move on to KH3 until after they finished Versus. Besides, aren't the people who worked on KH2 involved with Versus? It doesn't surprise me that the Osaka team moved on to new projects considering all the mobile KH games are done and dusted.

As for BBS vol. 2. I'm sorta glad they're not working on it right now. IMO, I think the story is perfectly set up now for KH3. I don't think any new plot points should be introduced. However, Nomura stated that they had conceptual work already done for BBS vol 2, which makes me wonder if the reason they decided to temporarily scrap it is because it doesn't tie in to the Xehanort saga. Maybe after KH3, they could go back to BBS vol 2 and use it to set up a new story. I think that would be awesome.
Old 02-05-12, 01:36   #2660
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Yeah, the main KH team is all working on Versus. The Osaka team I believe handled Re:CoM, BBS, & 3D while h.a.n.d. handled the two DS games. So it makes me wonder what the Osaka team will do then, they seem to handle the bigger titles. Perhaps maybe one of the games is KHIII and he is having the Osaka team just start the concepts? I don't know, either way I'm sure it won't be bad but it just sucks Versus is pushing KHIII back so much. After 3D it would be the perfect timing for KHIII to be announced and come in.

As for BBS Vol. 2, I actually like that idea. Sort of keep it as a prelude to the next storyline after the Xehanort saga.

I like your form idea by the way, however I want them to keep the system they used in Birth By Sleep. The D-Link system, worked awesome. I liked having certain deck/command set ups depending on which characters you linked with.

Last edited by Carbonek_0051; 02-05-12 at 01:41.
Closed Thread