Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > DXTRE3D

Old 24-02-18, 20:08   #1
Danath

Question Changing the secret counter for custom games?

There's one thing that really annoys me when building a custom game for TR2/3, the secret counter at the end of the game. Is it possible to change it so it counts how many secrets you have in your game? It always shows "0 of 0" to me. Or else it shows the original "X of 48" of original TR2.
It would be so nice to be able to change the counter.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-18, 22:12   #2
thewolf
Golden

When does it show X of 48 and when 0 of 0?
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 00:31   #3
Danath

In my case it's always 0 of 0. But i talked with Feder about this and he tried using the counter in his levelset, he told me it showed 0 of 48 to him.

Maybe there's something hardcoded in the .exe that can be changed via Hex editing?
Old 25-02-18, 11:12   #4
thewolf
Golden

I managed to get the screen showing me 0 of 3 secrets, but it won't count your collected secrets. If you go straight to the credits screen without showing the level statistic for the last level you will have 0 of 3.
Old 08-03-18, 20:37   #5
thewolf
Golden

Lightbulb

After new discoveries my endscreen showed me 1 of 3 secrets collected. Seems like the game will count your secret if you place a do activate trigger on the same tile as the secret and put in SECRET FOUND(0) . It only works with (0)
Old 08-03-18, 23:07   #6
Danath

Exclamation

Oh, wow.... i .... feel absolutely DUMB right now. How didn't i see that command in the trigger action list??

I got excited by this but i cannot reproduce your results, even if i jump straight to the ending credits, which i have seen so many times now trying this that i may end up hating them.
I have tried both with secret(0) on the 3 of them and also with (0),(1),(2) and (1),(2),(3). And with and without the end-level statistics. It is always showing 0 of 0 to me. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Also, if you have to sacrifice the end-level statistics i don't think it's worth it. I have always liked seeing the statistics screen.
Old 09-03-18, 08:42   #7
thewolf
Golden

The secret counter seems to be hardcoded inside these basefiles too.

If you look at fexinspect for all levels , you won't find the SECRET FOUND(0) command for level 1-2 . In level 3 there is the SECRET FOUND(0) with a DO ACTIVATE trigger and two trigger SECRET FOUND(3) , but they are not placed on the same tile as the secret is placed . These two trigger are only near the gold and jade secret. For the stone is no trigger placed. Level 4-6 has none of those triggers. Level 7 starts again with the SECRET FOUND(0) trigger , but this time they are all placed on the same tile as the secret. And one SECRET FOUND(0) is placed in the big underwater section you'll never reach. After level 7 there are those triggers placed on each secret.

To get 0 of 3 in the end screen you have to go directly to the credits without the level stats screen.

I collected 2 secrets and it showed me 1 of 3 . Both secrets had the same trigger SECRET FOUND (0)

Perhaps we can get it to work sometime.....
Old 09-03-18, 19:30   #8
Danath

Exclamation Say what??!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
If you look at fexinspect for all levels , you won't find the SECRET FOUND(0) command for level 1-2 . In level 3 there is the SECRET FOUND(0) with a DO ACTIVATE trigger and two trigger SECRET FOUND(3) , but they are not placed on the same tile as the secret is placed . These two trigger are only near the gold and jade secret. For the stone is no trigger placed. Level 4-6 has none of those triggers. Level 7 starts again with the SECRET FOUND(0) trigger , but this time they are all placed on the same tile as the secret. And one SECRET FOUND(0) is placed in the big underwater section you'll never reach. After level 7 there are those triggers placed on each secret.

"Danath.exe has stopped working".

Sweet Jesus, i cannot understand how that thing above is working. I am beyond confused right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
Perhaps we can get it to work sometime.....
Well thank you for enduring all this trying to help, but i'll pass on trying to figure it out. If you want to keep suffering then it's up to you.
Old 09-03-18, 19:38   #9
thewolf
Golden

For now I'll leave this too . Got no time for this, need to finish my levelset
Old 09-03-18, 19:48   #10
Danath

Talking

You're tearing me apart, thewolf!

Yes this is too complicated to study right now, i also need to stop trying it for now and center on finishing the first damn map, i'm too slow as Sonic would say.

If someone is brave enough to try please do so.