Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 10-01-17, 12:43   #1
ShutUpReyes

Talking Could Nathan McCree Return to Tomb Raider?

According to this interview he wants to and has spoken to Meagan Marie about returning to score the fourth game in the reboot franchise. (So much for a trilogy haha)

I personally couldn't be more excited about this! McCree's music is absolutely iconic and having him return to TR after so long would be incredible. He definitely still has it in him if that new piece 'In the Blood' is anything to go by.

Thoughts?

I think there's a rule against posting links if you haven't posted much, so here's the part from Daryl Baxter's interview I was referring to.

----------

"But, with rumours of the third reboot game in development with the title, ‘Shadow of the Tomb Raider‘, I wondered if there was any chance of Nathan composing another game again. With the success of the night before, surely Square Enix couldn’t ignore the potential of this and future concerts.

‘With Meagan being the community manager at Crystal, we have spoken of there being a possibility of me scoring the fourth game. It could not only attract new fans, but old fans who still haven’t played the new games, but with my music.’"

Last edited by ShutUpReyes; 10-01-17 at 12:43. Reason: Typo
ShutUpReyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 12:48   #2
Evan C.

I think it does make sense from a marketing point of view and a musical standpoint aswell. Since Lara Croft is being close to be more recognizable as the former LC, bringing back some small things such as music is a good thing, and who better than him to give that feeling of..."yeah, this is classic"

It is incredible how music triggers such feeling, but for example, my FIVE YEARS OLD BROTHER was with me when I was playing Abzu a couple days ago, and when he heard the music he asked me...."Is that Tomb Raider?" I was SHOCKED because I didn't realized until that moment that the score was incredibely similar to the old Tomb Raider games. And he's five years old! (I raised him playing TR though!)
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 12:57   #3
JACOBryanBURNS
Golden

I think pretty much everybody can universally say that this would be an improvement on any of the music they've had for the reboot thus far. Nathan's pieces are always beautiful and are, no doubt, iconic.
JACOBryanBURNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 15:54   #4
Nigel Cassidy

He was highly critical of the reboot direction; I wonder why he would want to work on it...
Nigel Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 16:01   #5
JsotoTRSaga

I will be so happy if this turns out to be true.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 16:05   #6
Mikky

I could not care less about Nathan McMcree...

Interesting how he mentioned the fourth game, though. Could this support the theory that Eidos Montreal are working on a third, smaller scaled sequel while CD work on a larger, more ambitious 4th game? Like what happened with the Batman Arkham games. Meh, if so, I wouldn't be too thrilled about getting some "more of the same, play it safe, cash grab" sequel, but it would make me super excited for the following game.

I'm so curious about the future of the franchise, especially after Rise was such a flop, sales-wise...
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 16:09   #7
NoahCrofRaider

I hope so, because I'm sure that if he did, some of the isolation you feel in the earlier games could or would most likely return. Plus, I might actually start caring about the latest games' soundtrack.

Square, Crystal, Eidos Montreal, whoever's making the next game or two, please hire Nathan McCree.

Last edited by NoahCrofRaider; 10-01-17 at 16:12.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 16:13   #8
Moon-Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikky View Post
I could not care less about Nathan McMcree...

Interesting how he mentioned the fourth game, though. Could this support the theory that Eidos Montreal are working on a third, smaller scaled sequel while CD work on a larger, more ambitious 4th game? Like what happened with the Batman Arkham games. Meh, if so, I wouldn't be too thrilled about getting some "more of the same, play it safe, cash grab" sequel, but it would make me super excited for the following game.

I'm so curious about the future of the franchise, especially after Rise was such a flop, sales-wise...
Why not? They already have the engine. A new studio means a new fresh take. Even if they have to follow some script or rules at least there will be some change. And also it would be a great inbetween game while we wait. Rise definitely left me wanting more. And CD plays it too safe. Eidos Montreal might GO there.
Moon-Safari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 16:46   #9
Mikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Why not?
I just said why not in my post; you know,
"more of the same, play it safe, cash-grab".

Quote:
They already have the engine. A new studio means a new fresh take. Even if they have to follow some script or rules at least there will be some change. And also it would be a great inbetween game while we wait. Rise definitely left me wanting more. And CD plays it too safe. Eidos Montreal might GO there.
Well, as I mentioned Batman in my post, that clearly didn't happen with Arkham Origins, so I'm skeptical. And you really think they will take the series in some grand new direction and then CD will take a step back with the following game? I don't see that happening... But it's great you're so optimistic about it.
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-17, 18:11   #10
ESCachuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cassidy View Post
He was highly critical of the reboot direction; I wonder why he would want to work on it...
I am very critical with the reboot's direction, but if I could work with them I'd probably do it. It could make the game more appealing to my tastes. Maybe. Most probably not.

Anyway his music is great so it would certainly make the game better.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote