Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 11-02-18, 11:51   #61
ashka

Hi all,

Thanks Michaeldt for starting a thread on TR:The Dark Angel!
I believe I need to respond to this thread considering that it is more than just me involved in this. And I think since the discussion went on you deserve some more explanation that the official:
Quote:
Thanks for your patience. We are working hard behind the scenes to bring you this very special event – Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel. However, we still have much to do before we can reveal the full details publicly. Until then, please enjoy this teaser for our official website – and mark August in your calendars!
http://trdarkangel.com/
We’ve been working on “secretproject2” for way over a year now. By “we” I mean a few passionate Tomb Raider fans. It is also not a secret that Peter Connelly is involved in it.
Why “secrectproject2”? Because the original “#secretproject” was something that I worked on in 2016; I was not really allowed to say what I’m working on until the reveal but I wanted to let fans to know that something huge coming for Lara’s 20th Anniversary. We then revealed that “#secretproject” was in fact our TR20 celebrations at PLAY Expo, which involved the first Core Design reunion AND their first meet with fans EVER
https://play.tomb-of-ash.com
We had the original model there too and it was generally a classic fan’s Christmas. I won’t even go in detail how difficult it was to deliver and how stressful and exhausting it was. I was actually getting married a week after so I virtually had no sleep for days. But it was fun and I wish I could relive that experience.
Now, similar situation is with this. I was not allowed to mention what I’m working on, but I wanted people to know that something is coming. It is a much grander and bigger thing than anything I’ve ever been involved in and as such, we needed to sort out some “formalities”. That has set us back to a few months. However, we see it as a positive setback as it allows us to refine it all. In fact, it turned into a blessing. I know we teased this for a while and had a countdown going but you know, stuff happens.

All I’m asking (without sounding like Theresa May) – have a little faith in us and wait patiently
We all have daytime jobs and other commitments but we all dedicated a huge amount of time into this and we are confident it’ll be a fantastic project for all the fans.
Hope this clears it a bit.

PS. Thanks for 6 pages of discussions. Didn’t expect you all to be so curious before the “reveal” <3.

PS. Caesum, if I wasn't required a visa application virtually to every country in the world, I would probably deliver TR20 in other parts of the globe.
Frankly, I am not a UK citizen even so I'm here on a visa that costs me about £800 p/a lol.

But, by TR25 who knows what might happen
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 12:18   #62
dcw123

My guess would be people are simply jealous - and this comes across as hostility online..

I only recently learned of Ash's involvement in TR, and his site, and I think its awesome that one person has done so much cool stuff..

Personally I'd LOVE for a fan made AOD sequel - even though I am sure this would be impossible thanks to copyright issues and S.E / Crystal.
I guess if it was made in TRLE this could be avoided? But here's to hoping this is something interactive in some form or another.
Anything Classic Lara is amazing TBQFH these days..

Last edited by dcw123; 11-02-18 at 12:20.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-18, 00:55   #63
NoahCrofRaider

Thanks, Ash, for the info.

And please, do take your time, of course. I'd wait another year if necessary then get a rushed and unloved mess.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-18, 22:49   #64
annl

Would it be against copyright if they made it available for free? I mean, Nicobass’ TR2 Remake and Heckler’s TR3 remake haven’t had cease and desist orders. I believe Square and Crystal said that as long as nobody charges for it then it’s ok.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-18, 00:16   #65
kietasvyras

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
My guess would be people are simply jealous - and this comes across as hostility online..

I only recently learned of Ash's involvement in TR, and his site, and I think its awesome that one person has done so much cool stuff..

Personally I'd LOVE for a fan made AOD sequel - even though I am sure this would be impossible thanks to copyright issues and S.E / Crystal.
I guess if it was made in TRLE this could be avoided? But here's to hoping this is something interactive in some form or another.
Anything Classic Lara is amazing TBQFH these days..
Well, as long as there is something commercially successful that brings a lot of cash, there is always a bunch of venture capitalists, managers, lawyers and others around, who cannot even develop video games themselves and know very little about the product they are dealing with but who act like they own everything that they have taken away and regulate everything they can too. And later they make a lot of enormous mess and a business that was once commercially successful starts to sink like the Titanic. And when this happens then they suddenly sell they copyrights before they become worthless and run away. We all know Lara Croft, Janice and Tomb Raider are all Core Design's babies. And Core Design owns them all maybe at the moment not legally but still morally!

Last edited by kietasvyras; 25-02-18 at 00:25.
kietasvyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-18, 23:26   #66
_Tomb_Raider

This is interesting! Can't wait to hear more!

Is it true that there is some podcast from not so long ago where creators of AOD came to talk on the project?
_Tomb_Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-18, 13:57   #67
alonzorion

Interesting owo
alonzorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-18, 09:44   #68
FreakRaider

🍵
FreakRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-18, 17:00   #69
Pyro99

Boo boo... I wouldn't get my hopes up. It's called an "event", it's probably sth along the lines of what the deleted Putai cutscene was, maybe related to the soundtrack or god knows what.
Pyro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-18, 14:16   #70
Dustie

My bet is on something related to the soundtrack due to Peter's involvement, but I can't imagine what would it be other than some unreleased tracks? But that wouldn't really justify the whole "event" type of hype around it, with a dedicated website and a title... or would it?
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote