www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 19-05-18, 23:46   #31
Danath
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewolf View Post
I have a new problem. My objects : ammo, medpacks ..... are pitch black or even invisible If I change the light values for them they appear normal from the distance, once I'm close they are pitch black again If I move the camera while standing close they also change their light
Mmm not sure how to help there, i haven't encountered that problem yet. The only thing i can suggest is making sure the items have -1 in the light property so they have the same light as ambient.

In the levels i'm building currently that use Arsunt's patch it happens like the original game: the items are bright asf and can be seen "glowing" even in total darkness.

Though i remember what you described happening on my Mystic Realm map, without using the patch! If you look at the secret item in the temple roof from different angles, its light changes somehow.

Sorry i cannot help further. :\ I would post that problem in the patch thread and see if Arsunt can give it a look, maybe something is wrong in the code?
Old 20-05-18, 08:24   #32
thewolf
Historian

Exclamation

If I use -1 they can be seen through the fog and get black as soon as I stand close to them

If I use 19 they are invisible and can only be seen when Lara shoots or lights a flare

I will try now each light value , maybe one of them works for all items

EDIT:

After trying several values 0-1 seems to be the best. At 15-16 the items get a little shadow and can still be seen. With value 0-1 I'm unable to see the items through the fog and they don't get black when I'm close to them, but if the camera gets into a certain angle and faces the north of a room my item turns invisible

Last edited by thewolf; 20-05-18 at 09:27.
thewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 15:22   #33
Feder
Hobbyist

Did it start to happen when you used the Arsunt patch?
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-18, 18:50   #34
thewolf
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feder View Post
Did it start to happen when you used the Arsunt patch?
Yes, it all happened after the patch
Old 20-05-18, 20:44   #35
Feder
Hobbyist

Seems like the Fog patch is doing something add with your objects. I can't think of a solution, if any

Maybe return to the way it was before, and find another way to deal with the black horizon. If you can't fix it, I don't think it would be a big issue to see the horizon blink in a few parts, players will be more focused on the gameplay and may not give it such an importance.

It is different in a Floating Islands level because all you see aroung you is the horizon, but if that's not the case, it won't be that bad

Good luck!
Feder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:12   #36
thewolf
Historian

Once the testing is over I will try to solve this issue