Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 05-05-18, 06:00   #1
Emix

Default Pre-order the Most Expensive Editions to Play 48h Early...

I really want to talk about this because i think that it's really not the right thing to do. Opinions about this online are mostly negative, just like they are for many editions of the game but i just wanted to see what TR fans think about it.

Imo. SE is hurting this franchise with these things. They are literally spliting the fanbase and playerbase.

To be able to get 48h early access you need to PRE-ORDER CROFT or COLLECTOR's Editions. And they cost 100/200$/€ and are even more expensive in some countries.

To me, it sounds like: "You are rich? You get to play 48 early, have fun!" , "You are poor? Go **** yourself."

Like i said it's just not the right thing to do, no matter what anyone says. It's just not fair at all and sounds horrible.

Last edited by Emix; 05-05-18 at 06:06.
Emix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:05   #2
Fantasy

This isn’t exclusive to the TR franchise though, a lot of other games have two or three different editions. You just have to pick the best version for you.
Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:05   #3
Heartache

mhm i dont know. i get the frustration if you cant afford the more expensive editions.
but thats how the world we live in works. you get more, with more money. and that is true for almost everything in life
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:09   #4
Lukass

The more you pay, the more you get. That's how the world works nowadays and definitely not just in gaming industry.
Lukass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:25   #5
Emix

I am fine with: "Pay more, get more." And i don't have anything against it. Just... not like this!
Old 05-05-18, 06:45   #6
AntRaidsTombs

The only edition that doesn’t come with the 48 hour access is the standard edition. The others come with the season pass & etc. I mean I just think of the early access as a thank you incentive for purchasing this. I don’t see the problem with it
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:51   #7
Emix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
The only edition that doesn’t come with the 48 hour access is the standard edition. The others come with the season pass & etc. I mean I just think of the early access as a thank you incentive for purchasing this. I don’t see the problem with it
And what about Deluxe?
Old 05-05-18, 06:57   #8
Cochrane
Golden

I’m not a fan of this either, but I think the effect on the player base is overstated. In the old days of physical media, I sometimes got games that I preordered a day or two earlier just by random chance. This isn’t that’s different really.

On the emotional side, I think it helps to see it from a different angle: This is not about screwing over those too poor to buy the expensive edition so. The one and only goal of all these special editions is to screw over rich people; to make them pay more for basically the same product, just because they can afford to. All these DLCs and unlockable thingies and earlier play and so on are really just there to fool rich people into thinking that their charitable unnecessary donation of 40€ (above normal price) to Square Enix was actually a smart idea.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:57   #9
MissJodieG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
I agree with you. It‘s not like you only pay more money to play earlier. At least I don‘t do it. I buy the Croft Edition because it includes the season pass and outfits, the early access is only a nice bonus for me.
MissJodieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-18, 06:57   #10
Heartache

the digital deluxe gives you the early access aswell
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote