Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 30-04-16, 17:11   #11
Alex Fly
Inactive

That was a funny video to watch.

I always tried to exit from the race track but I had no idea how to do it exactly. I'll try again later.
Alex Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 17:34   #12
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Well that was funny
Haha, cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Manson View Post
Laughing a lot here

Core proving that Winston continues immortal LOL
Ah, but did you see the very end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Fly View Post
That was a funny video to watch.

I always tried to exit from the race track but I had no idea how to do it exactly. I'll try again later.
Thanks!
Be prepared for many failed attempts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Shannon View Post
Well, it's a Saturday morning out here in Oregon, USA. I'm sitting at my computer, in my bathrobe, starting my first cup of morning coffee. Or, at least, I was. I took a sip and then started to watch your video. It was a full seven minutes later that I remembered my coffee, and by then it was cold!

Laravision, your video is a masterpiece! The Great Chi will be proud of you, I am sure! And if bug scientist rr_carroll were still with us, he would be amazed.

There are so many things that impressed me, I can't list them all. But I was particularly impressed with your editing skills... your video has a flow to it, a kind of logical progression, where Lara puts the quad bike through more extreme shenanigans with each sequence. Naturally, the culmination would be driving off the mansion roof!
It's obvious you worked a long time, laboriously reloading from many saves, to assemble all these great stunts that range throughout the manor house and grounds.

Your music and dialogue choices really added to the video. Question: where did those Lara voice clips come from? I mean, the ones that were--- shall we say--- rather unrestrained? I never heard Lara talk like that in any of the games I've played! And yet, she sounds just like one of Core's actual voice actresses!

Another question: where did that wondrous initial panning shot come from, where we sweep into the manor grounds through the gate, and then enter the mansion through a window? It looks like it came from Core, but I don't recall it...

In any event, congratulations, laravision, on showing us once again that the Core Classics are still capable of being exploited in new ways!

Now I've got to pour myself a fresh cup of coffee and watch your video again...
Wow, thanks Patrick! I'm glad the video provided you with a dose of entertainment to start your morning!

As I mentioned in my reply to you on YouTube, I did try to be as creative as I could, even with my limited PC resources & creativity as a whole.
But The Great Chi & other Tomb Raider fans who have put together such outlandish & comedic videos over the years are on another level in my opinion. And whilst not providing comedic value, rr_carroll was also in a league of his own!

Regarding the voice clips: Many of them, I believe, are from AOD (possible deleted scenes) and promotional material associated with it. They have been used in a number of Tomb Raider parody videos.

The intro, where the camera sweeps through the manor grounds, is from a project by TRJTA, dedicated to remaking the classic manor model using 3D programs I know very little about. Here's the link: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=202264

Oh, and I hope you didn't forget your coffee the 2nd time around!

Last edited by laravision; 30-04-16 at 22:14.
laravision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 19:04   #13
peeves

Maybe if i had a savegame file with a quad bike out of the racetrack i'd use that savegame file
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-16, 22:25   #14
laravision

Well I could provide you with those PC savegame files, but they won't work without first amending a couple of data files.
Old 01-05-16, 00:24   #15
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Well done on your video, Laravison

I like you bugging up to the roof of the manor at 10.07 in the video, that is one thing I just cannot do is bug.

When I try that I just get Lara stuck in the wall
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-16, 01:16   #16
laracroft1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves View Post
Maybe if i had a savegame file with a quad bike out of the racetrack i'd use that savegame file
or you can use Room viewer(or Rview, i dont remember the name of the program) to put the bike out of the racetrack
laracroft1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 00:14   #17
Hiroyuki

There is a savegame available for the quadbike outside the racetrack, I can't remember where I got it from. You have to rename the house.tr2 level to shore.tr2 for it to work as you can't normally do saves for Croft Manor so you have to trick the game into thinking it is loading the coastal village level.

I have never managed to do the trick of getting the bike out of the racetrack manually, so I always use the savefile. It starts you with the quadbike in Lara's bedroom.
Hiroyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 01:54   #18
Mrs Manson

At 7:22, why do the things the normal way if you can do it the Crazy way?

8:40, that quad looks like me dancing in my home

And the bike in the rooftop? OMG, i have to rewatch the video and take long breaths to stop laughing of the sounds
Mrs Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-16, 13:26   #19
laravision

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
Well done on your video, Laravison

I like you bugging up to the roof of the manor at 10.07 in the video, that is one thing I just cannot do is bug.

When I try that I just get Lara stuck in the wall
Some bugs do require precise angles & other skilful manoeuvres, but I'm sure you can pull off a basic corner bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Manson View Post
At 7:22, why do the things the normal way if you can do it the Crazy way?

8:40, that quad looks like me dancing in my home

And the bike in the rooftop? OMG, i have to rewatch the video and take long breaths to stop laughing of the sounds
XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroyuki View Post
There is a savegame available for the quadbike outside the racetrack, I can't remember where I got it from. You have to rename the house.tr2 level to shore.tr2 for it to work as you can't normally do saves for Croft Manor so you have to trick the game into thinking it is loading the coastal village level.

I have never managed to do the trick of getting the bike out of the racetrack manually, so I always use the savefile. It starts you with the quadbike in Lara's bedroom.
My method was renaming HOUSE.TR2 to ANTARC.TR2 to enable saving once I had managed to get the quad bike out of the racetrack.
I also downloaded a set of modified savegames in order to drive the quad bike on the roof. These saves required you to rename HOUSE.TR2 to JUNGLE.TR2.