Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 18-06-09, 14:28   #101
tampi

Perhaps he "mistake" again with the size of Lara Croft's chest!!!

He will have the opportunity to implement all his ideas on Tomb Raider for all these years! That's good!
tampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 14:37   #102
aussie500
Golden

Well we are not likely to see what Toby is working on till 2012 most likely, I am more interested in who is leading TR9's team. Riley Cooper's linkedin profile is unfortunately not public.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 14:40   #103
daventry

Smile

When the Next Elder Scroll Game comes in 2010, then i dont care to wait longer for Half Life 2 Episode 3 and Tomb Raider 9.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 14:42   #104
carbint
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
Being as he screwed up big time in Legend, he better go back to his classic roots from TR1. Until I see that, I'm not convinced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
If it's true, that's THE BEST news I've heard surrounding TR9. Now that makes me optimistic

EDIT
Can't wait for the Toby haters to get wind of this. It'll kick off for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
Uh-oh,I can smell new GRO's and more...
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tomb_Raider View Post
Oh fu*** this....I wanted Eric....I just hope he will continu story like it was started in 2006...then I will love him!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyCroft View Post
My sentiments exactly. Lets just wait before we get hyped, shall we ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I'm undecided on this. I did like his outfit design (Legend outfit), but his co writing the story for Underworld was terrible and the 50 cutscenes that he directed was mediocre imo.

Let's see the outcome of this all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daventry View Post
Well he did made TR1 back in the day and it was an AWSOME Game and then People Hated Toby for Years and even Blamed Him for TRA/TRLTRU, but now that we hear he is in Full Charge again for TR9, Everybody is Screaming with Joy.

Please explain to me why People Hated Toby Gard for Years with Threads and now you Cheer for him, what did he do.
I'm sorry, am I missing something here? Why on Earth do loads of people hate TRL/TRU? What's actually wrong with you? Please, I really want to know what exactly was awful about TRL/TRU. I know TRU had its moments but I can't remember very much wrong with TRL at all. Please do tell me - is there something I missed? Also, why do you all hate Toby Gard? Again, what is wrong with you? "We all hate him because he was the person who thought up Lara Croft and we don't like her anymore" kind of doesn't really fit here. He was responsible for TR in the first place! Why do you now hate him?
carbint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 14:42   #105
Samsdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Galleon was Toby's labour of love, with a small development team and keeping full control of the project, it was only released on the Xbox.
Galleon! Thanks Aussie.
Samsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 14:47   #106
Monari

What exactly does a Lead Designer do?
I just hope Toby has nothing to do with the story.
Monari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 14:51   #107
larafan25

.....legend looked pretty classic tomb raider......then toby joined.....sooo this is supposed to make it fully classic????

I don't get that but...didn't toby ditch tomb raider and then come back when it makes going big time??
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 15:07   #108
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbint View Post
I'm sorry, am I missing something here? Why on Earth do loads of people hate TRL/TRU? What's actually wrong with you? Please, I really want to know what exactly was awful about TRL/TRU. I know TRU had its moments but I can't remember very much wrong with TRL at all.
Please do tell me - is there something I missed?
Tomb Raider Legend had more in common with God of War than Tomb Raider. It took an adventure series based on exploration and isolation and turned it into a straight-pipe action game. It simply wasn't Tomb Raider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbint View Post
Also, why do you all hate Toby Gard? Again, what is wrong with you? "We all hate him because he was the person who thought up Lara Croft and we don't like her anymore" kind of doesn't really fit here. He was responsible for TR in the first place! Why do you now hate him?
I don't "hate" Toby Gard, I merely think his contribution to the Tomb Raider franchise is over-estimated. TR1 was clearly the product of a lot of people, including those who continued to make good games after Toby left. His presence doesn't insure a good "Tomb Raider" game. It merely adds a veneer of "authenticity" to those who think such things are important.
Dennis's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 15:29   #109
gremlinta

How much control does the Lead Designer have over the actual story of a game?
gremlinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-09, 15:33   #110
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlinta View Post
How much control does the Lead Designer have over the actual story of a game?
That depends. But it can happen that the Lead Designer himself writes it. But there are also some developers who hire writers for their game stories (unfortunately Crystal Dynamics doesn't).
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote