Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

Old 16-08-17, 21:39   #11
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Well that did not stop them to used Amazonia in GOL after TRU's Mexico. So Greece isn't so unlikely. And I like it, there's so many opportunities in that place for a LC game !

Another favourite of mine : Scotland.
Celtic culture, eerie forests, ancient castles, beautiful lakes and lands...
That would be an unexpected location.
YES PLEASE !

I want to see Scotland again in TR , doesn't matter if in an LC game or a main TR , but I want it there . it was featured only once in the expansion game of TR3 (TLA) but never again , I know it's overused in gaming but I really don't care because I can't get enough of it Scottish landscapes are the most beautiful natural terrains in the world imo
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 21:42   #12
Nigel Cassidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Certainly, I don't know, I didn't really paid attention of the exact place where GOL take place. I though Mexico in TRU is Mayan while GOL is more Aztec.
No no the map at the start of GoL shows Yucatan, which is were the Maya lived. Though I think Totec doesn't look like either a Maya or an Aztec, he mostly looks like a Maya from the Mel Gibson film Apocalypto (which isn't exactly historically correct ).
Nigel Cassidy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 21:45   #13
Patrick star

Though Lara starts the introduction with "According to Aztec myth..etc" , so it's safe to assume that GoL is related to the Aztec civilization . I've always thought the Aztec and Mayan civilizations were kind of interconnected anyway .
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-17, 21:56   #14
Chamayoo

Maybe they didn't really care and made a combination of both civilizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
YES PLEASE !

I want to see Scotland again in TR , doesn't matter if in an LC game or a main TR , but I want it there . it was featured only once in the expansion game of TR3 (TLA) but never again , I know it's overused in gaming but I really don't care because I can't get enough of it Scottish landscapes are the most beautiful natural terrains in the world imo
Scotland is overused in gaming ? :0
Maybe you referred to fantasy's games like the Lords of the Ring or the Eider Scrolls ? It is inspired to the Celtic and Middle Age culture.

But it's underused in the Tomb Raider franchise. After TLA's Scotland, we only have TRAOD (Tomb of the Ancients and the trio The Vault of Trophies / The Lost Domain / Eckhardt's Lab), TRL's King Arthur's tomb and a cruel glimpse of the Cathedral in Rise () to see some Castles and Middle Age things.

Scotland is a must because it's more... enchanting I would say. No excuses, Crystal.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 16-08-17 at 21:57.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-17, 00:30   #15
Felix Kroft

Deactivated.

Last edited by Felix Kroft; 13-04-22 at 16:14.
Felix Kroft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-17, 13:35   #16
lizardspock110

Gosh these are all amazing

I really love the idea of scotland omg! Another place ideal for the series is Spain though shadow of the TR might be going there, still with globetrotting it will work!
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote