www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Underworld

Old 26-06-07, 20:42   #21
ashnar
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
And definetely not a connection with Lara's parents!
I didn't say anything about a connection with Lara's parents.I simply gave an example of somesort of subtleness. Nothing else came to mind. trl and tra had other connections aswell, but this one was very preominant( as in it got stuck in my head by how many times I came across it on the forums. ) don't worry. no parent connection.
ashnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-07, 20:45   #22
NightWish
Tomb Raider

Sprry - I am saying this parent thing all day because today I read sth terrible in the manual for anniversary collectors edition (I wish I had read it sooner!) and IT SUX! I think i am going to post a thread about it...
Old 26-06-07, 20:47   #23
Stel4eto
Historian

Crystal D are going to work on anything the producer - Eidos - decrees them. So don't say that "the one Lara is different form the other". If Eidos consider as lucrative to continue AoD, Cr D will. But at this moment I don't think so. They have a whole saga (2,3,4) to remake, which is a lot of money, so why losing it?!?! Though the regret of the fans, they (the fans) definitely are buying the next titles, thanks to the previous success. When the right time comes, there will be an unfold of AoD story, but we must wait long.
Stel4eto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-07, 20:49   #24
da tomb raider!
Relic Hunter

Location: Within a Zilog Z80 8-bit microprocessor designed by Zilog and sold from July 1976 onwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
What about if Crystal Dynamics took on a few advisors from the old Core design team like they have with Toby Gard?

Murti Scofield would have to be one them.
Maybe that'd work. I wouldn't really mind Crystal Dynamics making a continuation, but to be honest I doubt they'll make the continuation I'd like to play.
Old 26-06-07, 20:53   #25
NightWish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stel4eto View Post
Crystal D are going to work on anything the producer - Eidos - decrees them. So don't say that "the one Lara is different form the other". If Eidos consider as lucrative to continue AoD, Cr D will. But at this moment I don't think so. They have a whole saga (2,3,4) to remake, which is a lot of money, so why losing it?!?! Though the regret of the fans, they (the fans) definitely are buying the next titles, thanks to the previous success. When the right time comes, there will be an unfold of AoD story, but we must wait long.
What makes u think taht they will be remking the whole saga? Nope - they are making a new saga now About laar's mommy
Old 26-06-07, 21:01   #26
Stel4eto
Historian

Default to NightWish

'Cause is a golden opportunity for cashing. If they make a game about the mom first, the next surely will be remakes of the previous original titles, with some little expansions of course. Pitty!!! The TR has such potential of novelty.
Stel4eto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-07, 21:10   #27
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Crystal D are going to work on anything the producer - Eidos - decrees them. So don't say that "the one Lara is different form the other". If Eidos consider as lucrative to continue AoD, Cr D will. But at this moment I don't think so. They have a whole saga (2,3,4) to remake, which is a lot of money, so why losing it?!?! Though the regret of the fans, they (the fans) definitely are buying the next titles, thanks to the previous success.
Eidos actually gave the go ahead for the AOD sequel to be made by Crystal Dynamics. It was when the team brought on Toby Gard, that Toby recommended that they scrap everything that has went before.

On the subject he famously said:
"She's my creation, I can do anything I want (with Lara)"

Hence why he's disliked by a lot of AOD fans.

Quote:
When the right time comes, there will be an unfold of AoD story, but we must wait long.
Yeah, I think that's a case.
Never say never. 'tis what I say ^.^

Last edited by Reggie; 26-06-07 at 21:32.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-07, 21:30   #28
TRBeth
Professor

I would definitely support an AOD continuation with CD's technical abilities, and I have suggested that some of the old CORE TR creators be recruited to work with CD on future TR games. This doesn't mean a return to CORE but to add to the team viable gaming artists that know what TR is all about, since it seems that CD is struggling with this aspect of the game and seems unable to appease the expectations of veteran TR fans. I also feel that adding some of the old CORE programmers would be a tremendous advertising boost for the game.

AOD was certainly a better story then Legend in every way, and, even though it deviated from the "tombish" aspect of TR, the central character's history and personally was not rapped and altered, as is the case with Legend, continued with TRA.

Toby Guard has not been a good addition to this game, IMO....however, sales speak for itself and the sales have been good for both Legend and TRA.
TRBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-07, 21:39   #29
NightWish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
'Cause is a golden opportunity for cashing. If they make a game about the mom first, the next surely will be remakes of the previous original titles, with some little expansions of course. Pitty!!! The TR has such potential of novelty.
Even though they want new games - not the old tune all over again. Well amybe theyw ill remake TR2 for the 20th anniversary
Old 26-06-07, 21:47   #30
marms2005
Explorer

i would love to see an AOD continuation... if and only if they make it amazing like anniversary and legend. it was too buggy and with people having to play with kurtis..it was a flop. i personally liked the story line of AOD though..people didnt like it ..they thought lara was too dark. well think about it..if your mentor left you to die in a tomb...um what would you be like after you got out. i dunno i would just like to see it..but its VERY doubtful i will. even if they would continue it in iDVD format (were you can play on your tv, and use your remote..theyve done this before with AOD..they made it into iDVD) i would be happy. i just want to see what they had planned.
marms2005 is offline   Reply With Quote