www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Level Editor Tutorials

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-08, 17:07   #1
badboy70
Relic Hunter

Default Flipmap tutorial

I MADE THIS IN NGLE !

This is a basic tutorial to show you how to work with flipmaps.
To start off, make sure your room is fully textured and all of the items are placed. So that it's complete. Otherwise you'll have to do extra work if you change something after making a flipped room. You'll have to make those changes in your flipped room too.
This is my room. I've already placed the switch and the switch_trigger underneath it.

Now press the "F" button underneath the Plan Grid, this will make your room flipped.

Next to the "F" type a number, this number represents your Flipmap. I entered "1". Here I've made a change to the room, I've raised the block. this will also be what the room looks like when flipped.

Now press "Flip Map" to return to your normal view.

Now we have to place a trigger for the Flipmap so when we pull the switch, the room will change. Go to the trigger box ( next to the purple square ) and click on it. Now in the new box, click on the top right text. Now another box will appear.
Here, select "Flipmap" and press "Okay".

Now next to the text "Flipmap" you have to type the number of the flipped map which you previously entered. Here it was "1". Don't forget to press "enter" after you've typed it. Otherwise it won't change. Press "OK"

Now trigger the Flipmap on the same square of the switch.

That's it !
Now we can go and have a look. ( in NGLE you can press "Exit & Play" )

Empty Room...

Pulling the switch...

It works !

Have fun and experiment with it
Of course this is really easy. But it's only to show how to do it.

This is a video showing how to do it, but with a different room for a different reason. Two boulders destroy a wall making it climbable.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FgjvuyCTdGI

Last edited by badboy70; 18-01-08 at 16:54.
Old 18-01-08, 16:52   #2
badboy70
Relic Hunter

I've made a video. It's a different room now, it's something you can't do with a raising block object
Two boulders fall down and destroy the floor and a part of the wall. Because of the change in the wall lara can climb it

Btw, the quality isn't great...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FgjvuyCTdGI
Closed Thread