www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 11-05-12, 23:27   #2231
King.Louie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scremanie View Post
Why the hate for 7? It gave Buffy that "superhero" sort of feeling, IMO. I don't dislike any season, they were all amazing, to me. I just hate Riley.
Riley was sooooo annoying The fact that he is still living in the Buffy universe compared to other notable characters is revolting!!
King.Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-12, 00:21   #2232
ultima espio
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Louie View Post
Riley was sooooo annoying The fact that he is still living in the Buffy universe compared to other notable characters is revolting!!
Kill him, and bring back Jenny
Old 12-05-12, 01:21   #2233
King.Louie
Relic Hunter

I like that idea!!

King.Louie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-12, 16:21   #2234
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Anyone knows if I'm missing anything if I miss some episodes of Angel in which Buffy/Faith appear in? I just started with the three last episodes of the fourth season of Buffy, but in the "Previously on Buffy." section there was a short bit of Angel in which Faith was seen in. Did I miss anything special, because I seriously feel like I miss a real part of the Buffy story
Old 28-05-12, 16:23   #2235
ultima espio
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
Anyone knows if I'm missing anything if I miss some episodes of Angel in which Buffy/Faith appear in? I just started with the three last episodes of the fourth season of Buffy, but in the "Previously on Buffy." section there was a short bit of Angel in which Faith was seen in. Did I miss anything special, because I seriously feel like I miss a real part of the Buffy story
Freaky, same thing just happened to me
Old 28-05-12, 16:30   #2236
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Well in that case

Edit: And now Angel is back in the same Episode... Goddamned, do I really need to buy two series for one big story!

Last edited by Zelda master; 28-05-12 at 16:33.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-12, 16:38   #2237
ultima espio
Relic Hunter

"Higher! A Watcher scoffs at Gravity!"

Old 28-05-12, 16:39   #2238
jackali

@Zelda master: You're not missing much, to be honest. But it is nice to have seen the whole thing.
Old 28-05-12, 16:41   #2239
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Alright, yeah I absolutely adore the character of Faith so seeing that small bit of the Angel series just pissed me off because I really feel like I am missing a part of the story. Especially considering I remember she later comes back in I believe the last season
Old 28-05-12, 16:47   #2240
GeekOfComedy
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstellardave View Post
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON SEVEN!!!

Season 7 has inherent problems and inconsistencies... and contains the worst, most unbelievable, scene in Buffy history (where everyone, except Spike who wasn't there at the time, turns on Buffy and supports Faith instead). Everytime I see that scene I just internally scream WTF?! It makes no sense that they would do that; especially Dawn and Willow who owed Buffy A LOT by that point. And very recent debts of gratitude, at that.

Another thing that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the incredibly annoying presence of Andrew. He's so much a part of most of that season, and is so damn annoying, it's a wonder they just didn't kick his ass out of the house. I'd have had Giles put him on a boat to England or something. The slayer-ettes were not all that welcome by this viewer either. They, for the most part, didn't add much to the show and just "were there".

Second, the finale was god-awful. It's as if the writers said "we backed ourselves into a corner and built up this upstoppable evil and now we have to stop it so let's just make up stuff to get it done". You had endless thousands of Uber-vamps, just one of which had previously kicked Buffys ass more than once and took her to the limit again before she finally killed it. Now they are falling in battle like cardboard cut-outs. And not just to Buffy and Faith but to the inexperienced Slayer-ettes (who had only just gotten their power, btw) and even non Slayers!

Then, it's still too much for them to handle, of course, so we have Spikes amulet, which magically destroys the hell mouth and all the beasties coming forth from it. Really, how convenient! Just a terribly awful finale. The season 5 finale would have been a much better series finale.
I just hated Buffys character in season 7 in total. She acknowledges she's a Bitch and doesn't like doing it in a cemetery scene with Giles but really! She would have even beat queen C!

I personally only watch Angel upto season 3 because in Season 4 Cordy is evil then dead and she's the only "clinging" factor for watching Angel.