Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 17-05-08, 20:48   #1
Seth94

Default M16 works with not much effort?

All I did was copy the sprite onto my wad and just changed the weapon to crossbow slot. I did the same with the ammo. Just changed it to crossbow ammo type 1. I also copied the animation form the TR2 Monastery data. I then tested it- ok- it said a file sound was missing but so what? The guns animations worked- as did the cross bolt. The only problems were that the gun was upside down in the inventory and the ammo was a bit small, but this could be changed quite easily. So why did everyone say this was so hard to do? Is ther something else that becomes more tricky now?

One other thing- th sounds are all messed up- but with the new wadmerger this can be sorted.

Last edited by Seth94; 17-05-08 at 20:54.
Seth94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-08, 12:28   #2
Seth94

Ok- two questions:

1. Firstly, how do you rotate the guns in the inventory so they are the right size and in the right direction? (same with ammo.)

2. How do I get the correct Holster in and out sounds for these TR2 Guns?

Everything else works- I tried the automatic pistol gun in the Uzi slot, and all the animations work except that it makes the uzi sounds and is fast like the uzi but can be changed uzing TREP.
Old 19-05-08, 00:56   #3
jeffrey van oort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth94 View Post
Ok- two questions:

1. Firstly, how do you rotate the guns in the inventory so they are the right size and in the right direction? (same with ammo.)

2. How do I get the correct Holster in and out sounds for these TR2 Guns?

Everything else works- I tried the automatic pistol gun in the Uzi slot, and all the animations work except that it makes the uzi sounds and is fast like the uzi but can be changed uzing TREP.
I don't know about the sound. I myself am struggling with this issue as well.
Although the sound works, they follow up to fast after each other.. I found out in an earlier thread that the pitch functions as a speedregulator, I am not sure or I should actually change the pitch..
However if you get the automatic pistols to work I would be happy to find out how you did it.
It's trully been puzzling me.
jeffrey van oort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-08, 17:38   #4
Seth94

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey van oort View Post
I don't know about the sound. I myself am struggling with this issue as well.
Although the sound works, they follow up to fast after each other.. I found out in an earlier thread that the pitch functions as a speedregulator, I am not sure or I should actually change the pitch..
However if you get the automatic pistols to work I would be happy to find out how you did it.
It's trully been puzzling me.
Yes, well all I did was put the automatic pistols in the uzi slot for a test. I just put them on the ground, and picked them up- they looked Ok. The sounds were the uzis and they were fast like the uzis but need to be changed.

Does anyone know how to change the inventory item rotation and size?