Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 29-05-04, 21:04   #1
Ocean-Sirius

Talking

I wish I'd stop having surreal Tomb Raider dreams but then I guess I'd moan if my dreams were too "normal." Dreams of moving home are recurring for me, perhaps due to my strong desire to leave this area and start a fresh life when I complete my education.

I dreamt that I was in a town that I don't know in real life. It had wide roads and was warm. In a leafy part shaded by a bit of woodland, there was a young couple moving into a dilapidated house. It looked like a sort of place that could be haunted.

The couple were a young couple. The guy had dark hair and wore trousers. The woman was blonde with a skirt and black high heels. I went to say hello and they told me they were moving in. However, they had a problem-there was a man who refused to leave the room upstairs.

That man was Kurtis Trent! The man and woman handed me a sketch of Kurtis sitting sadly by a Christmas tree with tinsel on his head(huh?). I was told I'd have to go into the house and tell Kurtis to leave. I went into the house and given my love of ruins, I was quite happy to be in a place like this. I was so tempted just to go off and explore but I was given a task to do.

I came to a darkened room and knocked the door gently. Kurtis replied saying he'd not come out until I found his chirugai. I asked him where it was and he told me it had been taken by a beggar woman down town. I went back to the couple and told them. The woman who'd brought the house then took a moped and I hung on the back. We sped down hill and I enjoyed the speed!

We then found this beggar woman and explained that we wanted the chirugai back. After negotiation, we had it back and gave the lady some money in return. I think we told her that it was of sentimental value to a young man who had been given it by a relative before they died and that it had no monetary value!

I know Kurtis lovers out there would envy this dream and they're so welcome to it! I want to dream about adventure alone.
Ocean-Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-04, 21:10   #2
Draco
Golden

What an interesting dream...
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-04, 21:35   #3
Ocean-Sirius

To anyone who's read my dreams, what's the most amusing: "Not Without My Chigurai" or "Lemon Croft"?
Old 29-05-04, 23:00   #4
janny_c.

Doctors Opinion:
Ocean,you'r obssessed.Get a life OUTside of TR dreams
janny_c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-04, 23:03   #5
Thorn

Yes, you should write about many games, final fantasy, resident evil, grand turismo,... manhunt. just kidding! I love your stories, you have great creativity.
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-04, 23:11   #6
janny_c.

Smile

Stories?? Didn't she say it were her dreams!?
I would luv dreaming something with the likes of the games like Manhunt,Silent Hill n' SpangeBob Squarepants!!
I used to dream abotu TR a L-O-T be4,doesn't return to me now,and I was dfreaming about Lara or me doing puzzles, getting out of the situations and all other Raider stuff.Good times,no mistake 'bout it!
Seriously,If they get me a job in Eidos to develop levels I would make 20 breathtaking-awesomly-beautifull by now
and all of them are coming from my ex-drerams....
* sigh *
janny_c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-04, 23:16   #7
Thorn

Lol! I was waitin for someone to say "stories?!" . hehe, very cool dreams.
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-04, 08:50   #8
Ocean-Sirius

I was once told that creative people have weirder dreams than other people so maybe that's why! I often find I dream about activities I do often but at night, they come with strange twists. I find I have "dreaming phases" where I dream about a certain scenario in many forms. In this case, people moving in and out of homes. Well...I am hell bent on eventually leaving this place so that is on my mind quite a bit, even though I have to wait a few years yet.

People I interact with often are another thing I dream often about-ask some of my net friends I've spent a lot of time with. They've been everything from people owning a shop in a frozen land where people who were TR fans were sent to live in a kind of "reservation" to people protesting to save the whale! One of them once said that if I published my dreams, I'd be a millionaire!

Some of my dreams have the most complex plots, like the one I had about Metal Gear Solid. Did I ever tell you all the one about the psychotronic weapon projects and the day they thought I may JUST replace Psycho-Mantis?

If I could control my dreams, they'd be great adventures with soley myself. I once considered a project called "Lara Dreamtime" that aimed to animate my computer night fevers for others. However, I've never had the time to learn TR:LE.

Last night, I dreamed of being on one of those water rides in a theme park wheere you sit in a round thing on the rapids, except at the end, the round thing attached to a coaster and you had two HUGE dips-heaven! I often have recurring dreams of theme parks, even if I don't think of them that often. My fantasies of riding stuff are often more surreal..like space ships or flying winged dragons.

However, when I do dream of a video game, I think it's a sign it was good enough to make me think of it. I call it "The Balti Effect." Why? Cos a good video game is like a good curry-it'll repeat on you all night! I'd kill to write the plotline to a video game, even if I don't want to work in the industry for the rest of my life.

[ 30. May 2004, 09:55: Message edited by: Ocean-Sirius ]