www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Level Editor Tutorials

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-08, 21:16   #1
d|r

Default Installing the Level Editor

All versions of the Tomb Raider Level Editor can be downloaded safely from here. From that website you can download three different level editors:

>Windows XP/Vista Level Editor
>Tomb Raider Level Editor (Lite version)
>Tomb Raider Level Editor (Full Version)

Each of these level editors contains a different setup for installing. Follow the tutorials below to properly install the level editor.

**Before Downloading!!**
Before downloading the level editor, please download a WinRAR trial. The correct download file is WinRAR 3.80 beta 2 at the top of the list. Don’t worry, it’s a safe download.
WinRAR is a program that will replace your default ZIP extraction tool.

Windows XP/Vista Level Editor
The Windows XP/Vista Level Editor is exactly what it says; the TRLE for XP and Vista. If you are on either of these operating systems, do not bother downloading the Lite or Full version, go for this one.
1] When your downloading box appears, click to save the file. The file will then begin to download.
2] Once your download is complete (which should take some time depending on your internet connection) open the download and hit the “Extract to” button at the top of WinRAR. Then choose where to put the file before hitting “OK.”
3] Then open the installation file you just extracted. Once the setup loads follow the directions. (It may take some time for the setup to load. I recommend closing all your programs while you wait.) The installation will then have to build the shipped game files. Just sit patiently and wait for these to install. Once you get the message “Build Complete” it’s safe to hit the “Close” button at the bottom of the window.
4] Go to My Computer/Local Disk (C: )/Program Files/Tomb Raider – Level Editor and viola! You know have the level editor on your computer.

Tomb Raider Level Editor (Lite version)
Setup for the Lite version is fairly easy to install.
1] When your downloading box appears, click to save the file. The file will then begin to download.
2] Once your download is complete (which should take some time depending on your internet connection) open the download and hit the “Extract to” button at the top of WinRAR. Then choose where to put the file before hitting “OK.”
3] Then open the file you just extracted. An extraction wizard will appear. Follow the directions and then select “Extract Files” at the bottom of the window. Wait until you get the message “Extraction Complete”
4] Go to My Computer/Local Disk (C: )/Program Files/Core Design/TRLE and bam! You know have the level editor on your computer.

Tomb Raider Level Editor (Full version)
I don’t really know the difference between the Lite and Full version. All I know is one is bigger and has a more complicated setup.
2] Once your download is complete (which should take some time depending on your internet connection) open the download. This download comes with a ton of files!
3] Hit the “Extract to” button at the top of WinRAR. Then choose where to put the file. But don’t hit “OK” yet!! At the top of the window click inside the text box that says “Destination path (will be created if does not exist)” and add this to the text: \TRLE. Leave no spaces. Now you can hit the “OK” button.
4] When the extraction is complete, go to the TRLE folder you just made. Look for the file called “Setup.” Double click on this and wait.
4a] The setup will take around 5-10 minutes to load, so be patient. I recommend closing all of your programs until the setup box appears.
5] Once the installation finally loads choose your language and hit “OK.” The setup will disappear again, so you’ll have to wait again for about 5 minutes. Then the big installation picture will appear and your setup! Do not have any windows open and do not click while the installation is preparing or it may freeze! Once it does load, follow the directions until you’re done.
6] Go to My Computer/Local Disk (C: )/Program Files/Core Design/TRLE and w00tness! You know have the level editor on your computer.

Last edited by d|r; 07-07-08 at 15:00.
Closed Thread