Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Technical Support

Old 09-08-08, 14:43   #1
Croft_Original

Question Missing Cut-Scenes

I'm playing through AOD for the first time. I admit that I couldn't get through Wrath of the Beast or Sanctuary of Flame so I thought I'd skip that part and go straight to Galleries Under Siege. As I couldn't make any downloaded saves work I used the SCU to get to the level I wanted then made a save. After that I just started from the save and ran the game normally without the SCU.
In the Strahov and at the beginning of Bio-research, I triggered a couple of cut-scenes for no apparent reason (they were in the wrong places). During the rest of the Bio-research level I haven't had any cut scenes at all.
It makes the story harder to follow but I wouldn't mind that, it's the fact that the last cut-scene is missing that's the problem as it means I can't end the level. I don't know whether this is to do with me using the SCU, or whether this is a known bug. Has anyone else had this and is there a cure? I'd rather not have to cheat with the SCU again and I've already tried playing the level again with no luck.

Already installed the XP/Vista multipatch BTW.

Thanks,
Croft.

Last edited by Croft_Original; 09-08-08 at 14:45.
Croft_Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 14:54   #2
dox online
Golden

I think it is an SCU problem, try using the scu again to get to the next level since you can't do it the normal way. It shouldn't happen again, programs sometimes have a bug which only happens once in a while. If this doesn't work we'll start taking technical action (I only say this to be dramatic)
dox online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 15:02   #3
Croft_Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by dox online View Post
I think it is an SCU problem, try using the scu again to get to the next level since you can't do it the normal way. It shouldn't happen again, programs sometimes have a bug which only happens once in a while. If this doesn't work we'll start taking technical action (I only say this to be dramatic)
Thanks. Even though I don't really want to I think I may have to use the SCU.
Not looking forward to playing as Kurtis anyway.

I like a bit of drama.

Croft.
Old 09-08-08, 15:07   #4
dox online
Golden

You could mod Kurtis's model to the accesory stripped model (Still has sunglasses!) that spread life made (I bow down to to the mod master) to get the feeling of lara back.
Old 09-08-08, 16:57   #5
Croft_Original

Thanks for the suggestion, but I've got an all new problem now: Kurtis won't grab or hang from a ledge. Any suggestions as I can't get him right down to ground level in the Sanitarium? He just keeps falling and dying.

Croft.
Old 09-08-08, 18:21   #6
dox online
Golden

• Try to look for another scu version and use that version. (Re choose that level in the scu)
That might do it.
Old 10-08-08, 14:55   #7
Croft_Original

I tried another SCU but it was I've gone back to the old one and so far everything's working ok. I realised that once you've used the SCU and made a save, you can't just start the game up from that save without using the SCU every time. So as long as I do that it should work properly.

Thanks again,
Croft.