Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 24-08-08, 14:10   #1
Gothlegend

Default Which console will be the cheapest and best to get this holiday season?

With all the price drops between ps3 and 360 i would like to know which would be the cheapest and overall best console to get. there are obviously downsides to both. So what do you all think?
Gothlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08, 14:28   #2
sandra croft

I guessing Xbox 360 still will be cheaper since it been so much cheaper so far, but if the cheapest models of the diffrent consols would end up around the same price than I have a problem since I would like both Theseis and Drakes fortune. I wonder though if you buy a Xbox360 without a harddrive which is cheapest, will you donīt be able to play online games then?
sandra croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08, 14:31   #3
Endow

Last edited by Endow; 29-03-12 at 21:25.
Endow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08, 14:32   #4
toxicraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra croft View Post
I guessing Xbox 360 still will be cheaper since it been so much cheaper so far, but if the cheapest models of the diffrent consols would end up around the same price than I have a problem since I would like both Theseis and Drakes fortune. I wonder though if you buy a Xbox360 without a harddrive which is cheapest, will you donīt be able to play online games then?
That depends on where you live, in japan the 20 gig ps3s were cheaper than wiis are in the UK, but yes 360 will be cheaper for a long time yet, although i dont think there's much use in getting one without a hard drive as some games are getting installs i think, and memory cards are too small if you want to download lots.

But ^^ that is the best answer , get the one you think will satisfy you the most.
toxicraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08, 14:42   #5
Mad Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endow View Post
Don't get a console just to get a console. Buy it for the games. If no games interest you, then don't buy a console. If there are games that seem interesting to you then buy the console in which you can play those games. I say this because a lot of people ask for advice about what console to get but often seem like they don't really know why they want the console in the first place.

The cheapest will probably be the 360. The best, there are no "overall best" consoles. Just personal favorites.
I couldn't agree more!
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08, 14:44   #6
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra croft View Post
Theseis is also coming out for PC. So if you have a powerful PC...
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08, 14:46   #7
sandra croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicraider View Post
That depends on where you live, in japan the 20 gig ps3s were cheaper than wiis are in the UK, but yes 360 will be cheaper for a long time yet, although i dont think there's much use in getting one without a hard drive as some games are getting installs i think, and memory cards are too small if you want to download lots.

But ^^ that is the best answer , get the one you think will satisfy you the most.
I donīt think Iīm that interested in downloading much, the only online game I want is Pop classic, on other hand I hardly know any online games. The only games I know for sure that I want is TRU and POP4.
Old 24-08-08, 14:47   #8
sandra croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Theseis is also coming out for PC. So if you have a powerful PC...
unfourtunately I donīt.
Old 24-08-08, 14:53   #9
Mad Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicraider View Post

The only reason 20GB PS3s were cheaper in Japan than Wii's in the UK is because we pay outrageous prices for everything here.

But yeah, when it comes to 360s get the premium or the elite because the games run smoother. I've yet to see a 360 game you have to install though.
Mad Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-08, 15:11   #10
Gothlegend

does the 360 have wifi? or is it just the ps3? i was just wondering which console would be easier to update. right now i'm leaning towards ps3, because the xbox has never had good games i like. i just wish the ps3 was cheaper lol
Gothlegend is offline   Reply With Quote