Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 31-03-04, 17:18   #1
laracroft8290

According to a new report, the answer is yes... and no

According to a new report from Forrester Research Inc., both Windows and Linux can be deployed securely, but Microsoft actually fixes security problems more quickly than several Linux flavors. Microsoft scored the lowest in total days at risk for a security vulnerability, with an average of 25 days between a security advisory and the release of a fix. However, 67% of the security advisories were classified as a severe security risk. The top scorers for the Linux flavors were RedHat and The Debian Project, whose average total days at risk was 57 days. Debian had the least number of distribution days of risk for the Linux vendors, but only fixed 96.2 percent of the vulnerabilities while RedHat fixed 99%. Only 56% of Red Hat's vulnerabilities were qualified as high-severity. Followers of the church of Linux or Microsoft are still fighting over the last comparison study .
laracroft8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-04, 18:25   #2
vectra_sri

Smile

I dunno which is more secure , but Microsoft Windows seems to dominate the PC industry because its shipped with every pc bought brand new

[ 31. March 2004, 19:26: Message edited by: Vectra Sri ]
vectra_sri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-04, 19:39   #3
laracroft8290

I just read a PC Magazine article about the debate between Linux, Apple, and Windows....I'll scan it later and post...quite interesting
laracroft8290 is offline   Reply With Quote