www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 02-08-10, 13:41   #1341
Underworld2008
Relic Hunter

this is my wish list, my own opinions one what i'd love to see

1. Keeley Hawes returning
2. Finding weapons and medi-packs
3. Nothing about her parents, Natla (2, 3 if u coundt 1 an A, games is enough)
4. Re-play value like outfits, secrets, time trails
5. A GOOD fresh new story line/arc
6. TR3 attitude
7. Croft Manor, a place for a peaceful rest away from the maing game, to unlock secrets, maybe a movie room for cinematics, the stero idea from TRA
8. The ability to have CHOOSE if you want zip in your ear, some like it, some didn't.
9. A range of locations/terians such as jungle, city, deserts, sea, caves ect.
10. ATMOSPHERE.

Last edited by Underworld2008; 02-08-10 at 13:43.
Underworld2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 13:44   #1342
Catracoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld2008 View Post
7. Croft Manor, a place for a peaceful rest away from the maing game, to unlock secrets, maybe a movie room for cinematics, the stero idea from TRA
If TR9 is like how we think it is, there won't be Croft Manor like you want - Lara would be stranded on an island. I think the only time they could properly add it is before Lara gets stranded and after she finds a way off the island.

Quote:
8. The ability to have CHOOSE if you want zip in your ear, some like it, some didn't.
Zip wouldn't be in the game - Lara didn't know him until around the events of TR5.
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 13:55   #1343
Apofiss
Silver Contributor

All following is just a bunch of personal/subjective thoughts and nothing of it is stated as a fact. I promise it is the last one ;]

I presume that work on TR titles is being done by professionals yet in the end it seems that something is missing - the actual interest of a specific level/atmosphere/gameplay/etc... from a perspective of a gamer, it's just not there - after 15min of gameplay it's getting rather boring :/

Lets try to see WHY?

Look at, for example, Alan Wake game; it is able to hold your (my) interest throught all the gane process. WHY? The reason is - a rather perfect balance between running/shooting/action/cut-scenes/everything. AND most importantly the level itself.

Now, Tomb Raider game isn't THAT type which can afford huge/open world locations/level design becouse it looses ALL its entia. The bigger it gets the more boring/less qualitative it gets - that is how it works! I would suggest smaller levels yet with enourmous usability, personality... something that would make one to stay for more, rise interest in details and more and so on. DON'T give lots "WOW" level designs in a huge proportions, DON'T do that... such approuch kills a lot of the whole experiance.

WHY CD is not able to do a good actor/voice play? WHY? Look at games like Max Payne, MGS4, Alan Wake or even TR3, etc - amazing. TRL+ ...there is hardly any emotional attachment towards the person who plays it :/

I believe the problem is that CD are like forced to make such TR games to gain appeal towards mass casual gamers. Weather it's this or a lack of ability. I don't see any other solid reason hmm...

P.S. once again, this harsh opinion is ment for a positive influence towards next TR titles. AND these thoughts ARE VERY SUBJECTIVE. CD still does a great job!
Apofiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 14:45   #1344
Underworld2008
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catracoth View Post
If TR9 is like how we think it is, there won't be Croft Manor like you want - Lara would be stranded on an island. I think the only time they could properly add it is before Lara gets stranded and after she finds a way off the island. Zip wouldn't be in the game - Lara didn't know him until around the events of TR5.
I didn't know the "origins" story was comfirmed?

my idea's were based of the fact nothing was comfirmed, sorry!
Old 02-08-10, 14:56   #1345
Catracoth

Quote:
I didn't know the "origins" story was comfirmed? my idea's were based of the fact nothing was comfirmed, sorry!
Which is why I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catracoth View Post
If TR9 is like how we think it is...
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 20:46   #1346
just*raidin*tomb
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by danraid View Post
Younger lara transformation into a hardened adventurer or present lara on a new adventure on a deserted Island?

A very dark atmosphere or a more colorful palette?

I actually don't really mind having a younger Lara if there is no connection with her past or any family, friend related stuff. But I would like it more to see the mature Lara cause I would have so much more fun discovering This whole open Island with the Lara I like most.

This new dark approach could be very interesting and mysterious. But when it's to dark the whole time it's getting boring. So I would like a huge differences in the game when it's night and day. When it's day the colors are very bright and colorful, and in the night it's getting really dark and scary
I'm sorry, but you can't really have a wide color palette and expect the game to be scary, like it's supposedly suppose to be. Colors evoke happiness. I'm sure the game will have a wide variety of colors, because there will be various different areas. And for one thing...that concept is at night. Can't really see any color in the night. Plus that adds to the dark atmosphere. As for that edit of Lara...her proportions look so wrong. Her make up is clownish and she looks like a Disney character.

I want a mature game. None of this BS anymore. I personally love the outfit and the whole atmosphere in the original horse chase concept. It's so dark and terrifying. It's bursting with atmosphere and Lara's outfit and very nice. It's not tight and rediculously stupid looking like previous installments. The rawness of it and that fact that Lara is in it makes it super sexy, and I love the light blue top with the pants. The only thing I would change, is that I think this is the opportunity to reintroduce the braid to Lara. That model would look great with it. But I'm not that fussed about hair.

Last edited by just*raidin*tomb; 02-08-10 at 20:53.
just*raidin*tomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 21:29   #1347
danraid
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by just*raidin*tomb View Post
I'm sorry, but you can't really have a wide color palette and expect the game to be scary, like it's supposedly suppose to be. Colors evoke happiness. I'm sure the game will have a wide variety of colors, because there will be various different areas. And for one thing...that concept is at night. Can't really see any color in the night. Plus that adds to the dark atmosphere. As for that edit of Lara...her proportions look so wrong. Her make up is clownish and she looks like a Disney character.

I want a mature game. None of this BS anymore. I personally love the outfit and the whole atmosphere in the original horse chase concept. It's so dark and terrifying. It's bursting with atmosphere and Lara's outfit and very nice. It's not tight and rediculously stupid looking like previous installments. The rawness of it and that fact that Lara is in it makes it super sexy, and I love the light blue top with the pants. The only thing I would change, is that I think this is the opportunity to reintroduce the braid to Lara. That model would look great with it. But I'm not that fussed about hair.
You really like to slate everything I say and done, don't you? I never said anywhere that my Perfect mature Lara would look like this so called 'clownish disney monster'. It's just that I made a over the top comparisons between the two. Please read my post better next time. And with colors i'm not talking about some 'Fantasy over the top' colors. Just some more colors like in the Classics games or different colors of light use like the one you see in LCGOL. And no brownish and grayish walls like in the CD trilogy! Colors don't necessarily means 'happy', sun with grass make the grass seems greener does that mean it's happy? NO! And also when I said scary i talked about the night and darkness, So almost no use of colors maybe sort of blueish colors because of the moon!
And the artwork on the horse is in daylight the sun is behind the jumping monster ! No way that could be the moon! it's just cloudy

Last edited by danraid; 02-08-10 at 22:51.
danraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 21:34   #1348
larafan25
Legend

Quote:
Younger lara transformation into a hardened adventurer or present lara on a new adventure on a deserted Island?

A very dark atmosphere or a more colorful palette?

I actually don't really mind having a younger Lara if there is no connection with her past or any family, friend related stuff. But I would like it more to see the mature Lara cause I would have so much more fun discovering This whole open Island with the Lara I like most.

This new dark approach could be very interesting and mysterious. But when it's to dark the whole time it's getting boring. So I would like a huge differences in the game when it's night and day. When it's day the colors are very bright and colorful, and in the night it's getting really dark and scary
I think giving Lara a gun in that picture ruins the idea of...well...the game having guns.

I like the idea of realizing "Hey guns are just ranged weapons, compared to meele weapons and other such items". So here it's not Lara Croft prancing about on a horse looking fly with her guns out, instead it's Lara Croft riding a horse and choosing a weapon that fits her situation or simply her choice and uses it.

I guess my thing is this, I do not want the game to be about guns, braids, colourful outfits, nor do I care how tanned Lara is (spending a lot of time in dark tombs). I want to raid tombs and be able to find and use whatever I want.

I do like the colours though, I am sure there will be such colours, I just don't think they will be features in that area during nighttime and in whatever specific weather is occuring.
Old 02-08-10, 21:45   #1349
danraid
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
I think giving Lara a gun in that picture ruins the idea of...well...the game having guns.

I like the idea of realizing "Hey guns are just ranged weapons, compared to meele weapons and other such items". So here it's not Lara Croft prancing about on a horse looking fly with her guns out, instead it's Lara Croft riding a horse and choosing a weapon that fits her situation or simply her choice and uses it.
Yes, I agree the gun has something off, There's actually only one gun the other hand is still in bow position I guess it's just putting me behind Photoshop that makes me change too much, doesn't mean i do not want guns in the game

Although you won't hear me scream if unlimited ammo is gone
Old 02-08-10, 21:54   #1350
larafan25
Legend

Quote:
Yes, I agree the gun has something off, There's actually only one gun the other hand is still in bow position I guess it's just putting me behind Photoshop that makes me change too much, doesn't mean i do not want guns in the game

Although you won't hear me scream if unlimited ammo is gone
I don't want guns, I want ranged weapons, which happens to include guns. I am just so sick of the focus being on guns, if combat sucks make it fit, I think combat should be about using whatever you can find from the ancient reckage.