www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 18-08-11, 19:51   #111
noblues29757
Hobbyist

Hey everyone! I wanted to play Tomb Raider 2 this afternoon, just for fun. I had a lot of trouble to make it work. I want to thank you all for your work, it was really helpful.

I'm french, and I was really frustrated not to have the french audio. So I just went ahead and made the cdaudio.mp3/dat for the french version this afternoon (it took me 4h30 to make it, 'cause of this millisecond synchronisation ^^'). I hope it will be useful, as it is missing from this forum.

I can't promise it's perfectly synced, I don't have the time to check everything (yeah I'm not a superman who can beat the game in 2hours) but at least it works (the title theme, Lara's mansion and the beginning of the first level seam perfect until now). It's in 7zip format, just like the first post, and it contains cdaudio.mp3 and cdaudio.dat.

Please PM if you face any problem with my cdaudio.dat, so I can correct it, but I think it should be fine (there won't be any problem with the mp3. If I have something to correct, it will be way faster to download the fix).

And please tell me if it's ok, it wasn't that easy, and it could be nice to know somebody enjoyed my work.
Here is the link:

FRENCH AUDIO
UPDATE (edit)

I checked myself by skipping the levels, everything is working, but there was a slight delay (0,5 second) in fmvs, so I tweaked a bit. Now the fmvs are perfectly synced. I didn't notice any other problem. Here is the new link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6YVAGVF

Edit 2 The German fixed exe in the previous posts is better for the french version, since it can display the special letters like "" "" "" etc... I just discovered it, so tell if you want a repack with the exe and the audio, or a single link for the exe, since the link in the first post for the exe only is dead (you have to download the entire german pack ~40Mb).

PS: I had the "music not playing after going under water or in the inventory" problem. Thanks to Vmac, T0mbR4id3r, and noname for pointing the problem and the solution. It worked normally after going to the menu, and changing the music volume. I just did it once, and the problem is solved.

Now there shouldn't be any problem with the french version of TR2 !

OUTDATED (useful only for those who downloaded my first pack)
If you have downloaded :http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XZQOD0O9 (my first pack)
You just have to download this : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UN21WPKA
It's an updated cdaudio.dat, and you'll have to replace the old one.

Still waiting for feedback !

Last edited by noblues29757; 21-08-11 at 12:48.
noblues29757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-11, 16:09   #112
djklink20009
Historian

hi i was wondering if someone could help me i used to get tomb raider running perfect on vista with music and everything but now i have windows 7 64 bit and the sound works on the menu and then on the first level it cuts out after the helicopter noise . does anyone know what im doing wrong or what the issue is . also i have played tomb raider 2 alot on xp and vista but now i have windows 7 i don't have a clue what to do. also the cutscenes play with audio but the video hangs or lags on one or 2 frames
Old 21-08-11, 19:22   #113
noblues29757
Hobbyist

Hi!

In order to play TR2 on windows 7 x64, you must :
1) Install the game with the CD.
2) Download and run the multipatch for tomb raider 1-6: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/vista/patch.html

It's very easy to use, it detects your TR2 installation automatically, you basically just have to click next until the multipatch ends.

You have to keep the TR2 CD in the drive when you run the multipatch! (It will copy the content of the game - levels, fmvs, etc... - from the CD to the installation directory, replace the exe to fix the missing audio, and install English audio language by default)

If you want to keep English audio language, then you're done after installing the multipatch, it does everything !

3) -OPTIONAL-

If you want another audio language, you can download it in this topic. Each extracted pack contains a cdaudio.mp3 and cdaudio.dat, and you'll need to copy these files to the "audio" folder in your TR2 installation directory, after applying the multipatch. I think you can find german, italian (not sure), japanese, and french audio languages.

Tell me if you want to change the language, as you may need to replace the tomb2.exe too.

4) Use the tomb2.exe in your installation directory to play. You must never use the autorun to launch the game, or you may not be able to save your game.

I Hope I answered your question, feel free to tell us if everything works!

Last edited by noblues29757; 21-08-11 at 19:39.
Old 21-08-11, 19:26   #114
djklink20009
Historian

thanx turns out the gamepad was causing issues so i disabled it and used xpadder the video issue is still there . must be a codec issue or something with win 7 64 bit

Japanese??! I would have that just for a laugh lol ill take it!

Last edited by djklink20009; 21-08-11 at 19:27.
djklink20009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-11, 19:52   #115
noblues29757
Hobbyist

Strange, I have windows 7 x64, and no problem with videos ! Since the game uses the files on your hard drive, there shouldn't be any lag or frame skipping :S. Try installing a new codec pack, like klite codec pack?

http://www.codecguide.com/download_k...pack_basic.htm

Here is the link for the japanese audio, done by mizuno_suisei (page 7 in this thread) : http://rapidshare.com/files/29951708...guage_Pack.rar
You don't have to change the exe, just replace cdaudio.mp3 and cdaudio.dat in the "audio" folder (and maybe some other files, he changed a lot of things to match the japanese version, so keep a backup of your original files)

Have fun ^^!

Last edited by noblues29757; 21-08-11 at 20:03.
Old 26-08-11, 06:45   #116
zensor
Hobbyist

wow ! thanks...

Last edited by zensor; 01-09-11 at 05:27.
zensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-11, 01:20   #117
Kirishima
Hobbyist

I don't know if i'm the only one that has this problem, but back flipping (for me) becomes broken in areas with low ceilings. Lara can jump in any other direction just fine, but when backflipping she acts like she hits some invisible wall behind her. Doesn't happen when i use the regular tombexe.

I'm using the english patch from the multipatcher.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-12, 14:23   #118
grotesque
Historian

No italian?
I try with the .wma method but don't work :-(
Old 31-01-12, 14:42   #119
lch503
Hobbyist

Default Issues with TR2 audio

Hey,
Great job on the updater and cd audio fix.
I have a small issue that I am hoping can be fixed. It is a similar issue to what I have seen in a previous post, but it did not get resolved.
When TR2 loads, it works fine, I get the title music, cutscenes work and the game starts successfully with all audio (background music, footsteps, tiger roars in first cave etc.)
Then I go to the menu screen and the background music stops but I still get the chimes when you change weapon, get a medi-pack or save the game etc.
But when I return to the game the background music doesnt start to play again. This includes the music, wind in the first level and the sound when you collect a secret.
Is there a possibility for a fix with this issue, as at the moment I have to keep restarting the game to get the audio back after I go to the menu.
If you need more details just ask.

Leon
lch503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-12, 16:18   #120
lch503
Hobbyist

Default No background audio after going into menu *fix*

Hey,
After some tweaking I have found a fix for this issue.
After you start the game and are in a level, go to the sound option in the menu (the cd player) and turn down the volume of the top music sound (denoted by a musical note). You should then hear the background audio, then return to your game with full audio!
Im not sure if I have to do this every time I load the game, but it saves wasting time having to restart the game after every time the game is saved.
I hope this helps anyone else with this issue.

Leon
lch503 is offline   Reply With Quote