Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 17-06-04, 02:36   #1
Lady_Of_Eternal_Darkness

Lightbulb

hello all, its been awhile but on with the topic!everyone has heard of the playstation handheld ,right? well this baby can produce graphics like a ps2, but is still sleek enough to carry around, and can play music and movies.sure it sounds like a suped up sp and n-gage, but thats my point.is this a good thing or bad?it may flop like the n-gage but it could also be as popular as gameboy color handhelds!to me its wonderful news, but to others it could be a finacial disaster.let me here from ya soon,
old newcomer thats been here for a while...
Lady_Of_Eternal_Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-04, 02:41   #2
bumb1ebee

i think the PSP will do very well considering it's made from Sony and a lot of gamers like Sony. But I won't buy it myself; I might get someone to buy it for me if I really want to try it out. The only reason I have Nintendo Gameboy is because of Mario. I can't imagine playing with a handheld and not having Mario on the screen.

Also the Pokemon games on the Gameboy are very fun and adorable, probably won't be on the PSP either.
bumb1ebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-04, 11:50   #3
Marcus T

I believe the PSP will raise gamers curiosity once it's released. I believe it will have hard competition though, and personally, I'll go for the Nintendo DS myself. Not that I've got anything against PS, but one reason would be the issue bumb mentioned, titles that are "exclusive" to the brand. But the primary reason, the system is compatible with all Game Boy Advance cartridges, ensuring instant access to a library of over 500 games. And, since I have quite a few GBA titles in my possession already, it'd be foolish to go for another machine.

Some other things the DS has to offer:
"Most important is its touch screen interface, which lets users interact with games via a direct finger press or by utilizing a stylus. Microphone support further provides for the inclusion of voice-recognition functions, while Wi-Fi compatibility lets up to 16 connect with a PC or get their deathmatch on from distances of up to 100 feet locally. And get this: confirmed Internet capability means the competition can go global." (Full article here.)

Here are some clips of some of the games:

www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_animalcrossing_ds_e3_2k4.html
www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_mariokart_ds_e3_2k4.html
www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_metroid_primeh_e3_2k4.html

www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_wariowareinc_ds_e3_2k4.html
www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_newsupermariobros_e3_2k4.html
www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_supermario64x4_e3_2k4.html

[ 17. June 2004, 12:59: Message edited by: Marcus T ]
Marcus T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-04, 22:20   #4
bumb1ebee

Animal crossing and Harvest Moon are SO adorable! I have the games on the GameCube, but not the Gameboy, can't wait for that!
bumb1ebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-04, 23:29   #5
TombRaiderfreaky

The PSP is a really good idea. I know it'll do well and when it goes down in price (or when i have enough money) i'm gonna get one for sure. I mean, the features are awesome. Widescreen display, PS2 graphics, tons of cool games, and of course, Sony reliability. It can't get any better (unless they make a brand new Tomb Raider for it, then I'll get it in a heartbeat).
TombRaiderfreaky is offline   Reply With Quote