www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 01-02-09, 04:20   #1
truthsw
Hobbyist

Default Help! I can't defeat the Centaurs in Tomb of Tihocan

I've read the walkthroughs and still can't manage to kill the centaurs. I realize you have to shoot them in the head (I haven't figured out how to get the target there) and then grab the shield. Any hints or help you can give me? Thanks!
truthsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-09, 04:27   #2
Nefertiti_89
Archaeologist

It does take a bit of time and persistence, what platform are you playing on?
Old 01-02-09, 04:37   #3
truthsw
Hobbyist

I'm playing on Xbox 360
Old 01-02-09, 04:50   #4
Nefertiti_89
Archaeologist

I've never played it on 360

This may or may not help, but sometimes reading the walkthroughs can be confusing and watching a video walkthrough helps better:

Old 01-02-09, 04:57   #5
truthsw
Hobbyist

Smile

Thanks so much! I guess I just haven't mastered the adrenaline dodge shot yet. I'll keep trying. The video walkthrough is much easier to follow in this instance.
Old 01-02-09, 05:26   #6
Nefertiti_89
Archaeologist

No Probs
Old 01-02-09, 08:44   #7
TR love
Professor

i just jump around in random directions. that way the centuars dont trample me too easy. dont stop jumping...ever

also when they throw fireballs there is a misty part on the ground. jump away from that spot as quick as possible, seeing you loose health and fall over so that they have time to run over and stomp on you while your stumbling and getting up.
Old 02-02-09, 18:00   #8
vicks271982
Hobbyist

I cant beat them either, ive read loads of different walkthroughs, all telling me different ways, even watching it on utube makes it look so easy, I never get the two targets come up even thought Im doing what it says in the manual with the game (xbox360). Does anyone know the correct buttons you have to press to do this? Im on the verge of giving up! Help!
vicks271982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 02:07   #9
truthsw
Hobbyist

Default Stop Shooting!

There are a few steps, but the main thing is to stop shooting when they become enraged and charge at you.

1. Shoot at one of the centaurs until the rage (bottom line) turns red all the way.
2. They will start to charge at you. Stand still and don't shoot at them. Keep your weapon out, but don't shoot. (Hold down LT) (Dodge the green glow if they try to turn you to stone. You can also crouch or just turn around, but if you turn around, you'll have to enrage them again.)
3. In the bottom right corner of your screen, while they're charging you, an icon will pop up (red LT with arrows). That is your cue to press LT + left stick + B. The two targets will merge together and then turn red. THEN press RT...while still holding the others. (LT + left stick + B...then RT)
4. Once you shoot him in the head, he'll turn his shield around so that the handle is toward you. IMMEDIATELY use your grapple (blue X button) and then pull by pressing the yellow Y button repeatedly. This will pull the shield out of his hand.
5. Do the same to the other centaur. Once you have both of their shields on the ground, enrage them again, but this time stand near one of the shields. As soon as their eyes start to get the green glow, quickly pick up one of the shields and aim it at them. They will turn to stone. Then QUICKLY shoot them. You might have to repeat this several times if they come out of the stone; it doesn't last long.

After reading this, you might want to go back and view the video walkthrough to see what I'm talking about when the icon shows up on your bottom right screen, and what the target looks like. It didn't take me long to do it once I found out the button combination (LT + left stick + B...then RT). Good luck!
Old 05-02-09, 02:08   #10
truthsw
Hobbyist

Thanks! I got it just a few tries after your advice! =)