Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 04-03-09, 16:04   #1
Mr.Bouncer
Inactive

Exclamation Lara Croft Is ... *Your Own Opinion*

Hey there errybady,
Well most of us have different idea and feelings for Lara Croft, some see her as a character or a group of pixels, others say she's a real woman to him/her or what ever so what do you consider her as ?

01. A Group Of Pixels & Colors
02. A Real Woman (With Some Fictional Connection & Strong Effects To You)
03. Don't Care ...

Justify your answers if you like .....

My Answer Is : #02
I feel she's real to me (i know she isn't but it's a feeling) and she has strong connection to me feels like the elder sister or Soul-Friend and she had strong effects on me and my soul encouraging me to fight for the things i want in so many different ways and to struggle and stand and have a huge determination, specially the song Angel Of Darkness which is a Tomb Raider / Lara Croft defining Techno track by Alex C. (feat. Yasmine K.) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0-i4zNCesk Which is my all-time favorite track n also makes me cry although it's more of a dance song but the words are sooooo effective.
Mr.Bouncer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 16:06   #2
violentblossom
Inactive

1 and 2.

She's obviously not a real person, but her story and background helps me feel like i'm really in the game.
violentblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 16:55   #3
]{eith

1 & 2.

She's not real, but she has had a huge impact. Her message is simple and one we should all follow; live life to the fullest and do what it is that want to do in life.
]{eith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 16:58   #4
MattTR

I feel she's both #1 and #2, both because.. she's a pixel yes, but at the same time she impacts a lot of our lives.. there were blockbuster movies, beautiful models, and time consuming games that impacted our lives, not to mention the creation of Tomb Raider Forums that brought us all together.

Thanks to Lara I've met so many nice people and friends, it's all thanks to her and Justin for reuniting a powerful fanbase, who I love and care deeply about more than a lot of things in this life, thank you all for being so kind and making me feel like a big family in this (mostly) loving community.

Last edited by MattTR; 04-03-09 at 17:07.
MattTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 17:01   #5
dizzydoil
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTR View Post
I feel she's bog #1 and #2, both because.. she's a pixel yes, but at the same time she impacts a lot of our lives.. there were blockbuster movies, beautiful models, and time consuming games that impacted our lives, not to mention the creation of Tomb Raider Forums that brought us all together.

Thanks to Lara I've met so many nice people and friends, it's all thanks to her and Justin for reuniting a powerful fanbase, who I love and care deeply about more than a lot of things in this life, thank you all for being so kind and making me feel like a big family in this (mostly) loving community.

- I totally agree.
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 17:01   #6
patriots88888

#4: Taking a lot of abuse these days!
patriots88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 17:02   #7
spikejones

#1 - that's it. she doesn't inspire me to do anything. she's just a group of pixels created by placing images over/around a "wire mesh".
spikejones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 17:07   #8
MattTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
- I totally agree.
Thanks, and fixed that silly "bog - both" typo.
MattTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 18:10   #9
Larapink

For me 1 & 2 aswell.

Quote:
I feel she's both #1 and #2, both because.. she's a pixel yes, but at the same time she impacts a lot of our lives.. there were blockbuster movies, beautiful models, and time consuming games that impacted our lives, not to mention the creation of Tomb Raider Forums that brought us all together.

I totally agree with you Matt!
Larapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 18:17   #10
Reggie

Quote:

That's a very sweet post and I agree with you but what do you mean by 'reunited'? was the fan base ever disbanded? Sorry if I'm just reading into that too much!

I would also add that Lara's actual personality and character still remains an enigma. Is she the Legend Lara we've seen recently? is she the classic Lara we knew and loved from before? Is she a virgin? (Tear asked that question not me!). All these questions have caused us to debate her as a character for years.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote