Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 10-08-09, 01:34   #1
Alex Shepherd

Default Something happens differently and I need help! Please?

I don't know how to control myself not thinking about this way, everyone had his own bad days that happened to him from the past, but the problem is, I start to think about these moments and don't know how to forget them and that will never allow me to sleep, start to think about the bad days that I had before and don't know how to forget them, I thought about drinking an alcohol and that would help me, but this is against my religion but even if I did, I will get the memories back for the next day, I am going crazy and I don't know how to forget these memories that happened with me, how do I have to forget something that I always think about it.
Need help please?

Last edited by Alex Shepherd; 10-08-09 at 01:47.
Alex Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 01:45   #2
Catracoth
Inactive

I always dwell on the past and I always kick myself for my mistakes, but it's best to avert your thoughts or do something that pleases you which will give you positive thoughts.
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 01:46   #3
just croft

Arrow Try something new

Alcohol and other drugs make lot's of bad thing to your body, but be sure they won't make you forget bad moments. They'll just bring worse ones.

Try doing something different, something new, to keep your mind of the bad stuff. Try a sport, maybe jogging. A new game, completely different genre. A trip somewhere you haven't been to.
just croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 01:53   #4
Alex Shepherd

I always think about the bad days and it is difficult for me to forget them or erase them through my mind!
But thanks for help.
Alex Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 01:55   #5
just croft

Arrow RE: Alex Shepherd

Look, everyone has bad days and always will. It's impossible to erase them, but it's possible to ignore them.
just croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 01:57   #6
Paddy

Try maybe taking up a hobby outdoors, maybe that would be a good distraction.
Whatever you do, dont turn to alcohol as a way to forget problems that creates more.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 02:44   #7
larafan25

as said before I always dwell in the past and will think of awkward moments or things I have done embarassingly wrong and kick myself....

I don't know how to stop though
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 02:46   #8
Paddy

Im always dirty on myself when I make the littlest mistakes its a bad habit but I hate stuffing up, same with if I had offended someone, I am filthy on myself.
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 02:48   #9
MattTR

Try to learn from your mistakes and when something bad happens, do your favorite (positive) thing to take your mind off of it. Read a book, listen to music, take a walk, or even spend time with friends or family, don't let the bad take over, learn from it and move on.
MattTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-09, 02:52   #10
TRLegendLuver

aww it will be okay sweetheart.

Things happen, people come and go through our life, but you can't let it get you down. We as people, thrive on love and support and sometimes we don't receive it, but here you will. I can guarantee it. Love and life go hand in hand, but no matter what your friends are here for you. Somtimes you want forget the things that happened, erase those memories, so sleep can return to your mind, but sometimes, that's impossible. The best thing to do is focus on the future and how you can learn from past experiences and mistakes. No matter what happens, I will always be here for you if you need a friend, that you count on. Learn from what has happened. Remember your past to know what to do in the future, don't let it haunt you. If you do, you'll drive yourself nuts. I can guarantee that too. There are things that have happened to me, that no one should ever, ever have to go through ever, but I have grown from my past hurts, mistakes, and experiences, and know now what to do. As I said before, try to focus on the future and your friends, and you'll get through it. DO NOT resort to achohol or drugs for support, all they give in return is pain and misery, and while they may feel like a quick escape, they will ruin you. Please understand in what I am saying, and take care because we love and care about you here.
TRLegendLuver is offline   Reply With Quote