Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 20-08-09, 13:50   #1
TR FAN 18

Thumbs up Kerry Katona axed from Iceland adverts

Quote:
Supermarket Iceland has sacked Kerry Katona from its advertising campaigns, saying it was "impossible" for her to continue in the role.

The move follows allegations in the News Of The World that the former member of pop group Atomic Kitten was taking Class A drugs.

Ms Katona has featured in the ads for four years, since she won the TV show I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here.

The firm said that it would help her get support if she needed its aid.

An Iceland spokesman added that for "most" of her time working for the chain, she had "been a successful part of our advertising campaigns".

"But she has also been through some tough times in her personal life," they added.

"We have always stood by her, as an example of a normal person and mum who has experienced some of the modern-day culture of fame, and how difficult it can be to deal with.

"However, following the most recent allegations, we feel it is impossible for Kerry to continue to work with us as one of the faces of Iceland advertising."

Ms Katona's former publicist Max Clifford, who brokered the supermarket deal, said he thought Iceland had been "very supportive".

He added: "She has reached rock bottom... I am hoping that this will bring her to her senses."

Iceland uses several celebrities to promote its food, including Loose Women presenter Coleen Nolan.

Bookmakers William Hill have named celebrity mums Charlotte Church, Suzanne Shaw, Carol Vorderman, and Kym Marsh as possible replacements.
Source:BBC News

All I can say is this:
I was really getting sick of seeing Katona in the Iceland adverts every ad break.
She was OK in Atomic Kitten but now I just can't stand her. Why does MTV have all those crappy programmes about her?
TR FAN 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 13:50   #2
Atlantisfreak666

Thank. God.
Atlantisfreak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 13:56   #3
Lemmie

Yet another 'celebrity' loses any credibility they might, hypothetically, have had. Unfortunately she'll probably end up with some other kind of lucrative deal to save her from her bankruptancy, once she's lost a couple of stone (again) and has a new husband (again).

And the whole sorry cycle will just continue.

I wonder if she ever gets bored of being such a useless nonentity.

*rages*

Sorry...
Lemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 14:15   #4
pneboy

not like she's setting a bad example most of the iceland shoppers are drug addicts or council house shoppers
pneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 14:15   #5
jackles

Why does MTV have programmes about her..because a lot of people just love that car crash tv. I think it is sad the way her life has deteriorated since her atomic kitten days when she was seemingly happily married. Her life has been on a downward spiral since then.

What you mean like me pneboy..I have a council house. Bit of a sweeping generalisation there.

Last edited by jackles; 20-08-09 at 14:16.
jackles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 14:17   #6
Lara Fan 4Life

^Pneboy - Sure them are!
Lara Fan 4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 14:23   #7
Lee croft
Inactive

oh look at that not even icelands would have her now
Lee croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 14:28   #8
Jack Croft

Yay!

About time.
Jack Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 14:59   #9
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneboy View Post
not like she's setting a bad example most of the iceland shoppers are drug addicts or council house shoppers
So in your mind, Kerry, as a drug addict is just representing the 'bad lot' that may shop there? I live in a council home. I don't do drugs. I would rather not be clumped together with what you consider 'the low life'.

As for Kerry herself, yes she is annoying, but she is also someone who is having a bad time. Let's not judge her as a bad person. Iceland were right to not keep her on in their adverts though. She needs help before she ruins her own and her kid's lives.

Last edited by Rai; 20-08-09 at 15:02.
Rai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-09, 15:52   #10
Trigger_happy

I think Iceland have been quite good over this. Of course she can't represent them while filled with crack, but they could have thrown her to the wolves.
Trigger_happy is offline   Reply With Quote