www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Gen Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 29-12-09, 00:47   #1
AdrielRaider
Historian

Default Add new object names to script

I was reading a tutorial about chaging names of objects in skribblerz.com but It only teaches how to replace names of items that already exist in the original wad like replacing the name of eye of horus puzzle in tut1 script D=
I have a problem now.. I have some items that a can replace the name in script and english because they already exist in the script of settomb, there some additional items like keys and some puzzles that i can put the name in script but there's no way to put in the english because I have to add it in the wad and there's no corresponding name in english to overwrite. For example if I replaces the horus eye in tomb of set and change the name there is horus eye in english to change but if I create a new name that does not exist in set tomb i can write the name in script but there's no name to replace in english and I can't put more lines in english to put this name without bug.
How I can put the names correctly?
Someone could tell me how to put coordinates in this itens to show them differently in inventory?

Last edited by AdrielRaider; 29-12-09 at 00:50.
AdrielRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 00:49   #2
GabrielCroft
Explorer

Yeah... somebody help me too... I have the same problem.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 01:34   #3
aktrekker
Relic Hunter

Just pick an object you aren't using and replace the name. Like the Clockwork Beetle. If you aren't using it you can replace the name.

But if you replace a name that is used somewhere else in script.txt it won't convert the script file. So best is to remove all levels except your own.
aktrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 02:20   #4
AdrielRaider
Historian

Yes... I thought doing that but I am doing the script for a game with many levels... I ' ll try to use less puzzles in one level and replace in this level ... thanks
Old 29-12-09, 02:50   #5
aktrekker
Relic Hunter

There are 37 level names in english.txt. You can replace any of them with an object name.
If you aren't using the waterskins, there are 10 more lines you can put object names.
You can also use quest items, key names, puzzle names, etc.
aktrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 07:37   #6
TheBloodRed
Relic Hunter

Don't forget it is also fun to edit the names of weapons and medipacks but keep in mind that those String slots are hardcoded and are only for those items!!
TheBloodRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 07:40   #7
Raymond
Archaeologist

Yes, countless names can be replaced. So there is no problem even with a huge level set with a lot of puzzles.
For the coordinates look into the reference of the NG_Center in the old script commands section. The PuzzleCombo-command has a description of the coordinates. On trsearch you also find a tut on the coordinates.
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-09, 07:42   #8
TheBloodRed
Relic Hunter

I usually find it easier to mimic the coordinates of an already made item. Seeing how you know what it looks like generically without being in the Inventory, you can set it up to be a certain way like another item.

Like recently I got a key off of TR Search and copied an official TR key's coordinates to get the effect I wanted. :P
TheBloodRed is offline   Reply With Quote