Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Last Revelation

Old 27-02-10, 19:28   #1
xXApelaumXx

Default Angkor Wat Secret Area

Angkor Wat Secret Area

Screens:

Discovered by me.

Last edited by xXApelaumXx; 27-02-10 at 20:05.
xXApelaumXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10, 19:59   #2
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quite an interesting bugging way of getting up there, well done

There are a lot of invisible ledges on that face statue going by your video.

Mind you these higher areas have been visited by quite a few of us with the knowledge of a fly cheat, so technically, it is not really a new secret area.

PIGS MIGHT FLY.....
I even manged to get the two pigs up there high on the face statue, with von croy on the ground looking up at them, then the pigs chickened out (is that pigged out ) and jumped back down again

Do not believe me, well I have proof on a video of mine (I am glad I was taping it at the time) , and can show you it, if you want
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10, 20:05   #3
xXApelaumXx

Ok, so I'll change to secret area only.
xXApelaumXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10, 20:46   #4
Phlip
Inactive

I wopnder why the bothered to actually apply textures to those upper parts?
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10, 22:43   #5
The Great Chi
The Inscrutable One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
I wonder why the bothered to actually apply textures to those upper parts?
This is the great thing about the classic TR games (TR1 to TRC) is that the whole level is complete right down to the textures, even in areas like this one, that we should not be able to reach during normal gameplay

This is why there is far more exploration available in them compaired to the later TR games.

NOTE:- OK, there are a few inaccessable areas in TR1 to TRC that have either a blank texture or the wrong texture, but we are taking a very small percentage of the overall game, and they are fun to find.

In later games like TRL, TRA and TRU, you are set on a specific path with invisible barriers and other obsticles preventing you exploring too much, and even when you use flight tools, you find that there are a lot of areas uncomplete

This is all due to the size of the levels data file, ie, the 'big files' of the later games are massive compaired to the classics, so they could cram the whole level into the classics very easily and not use much memory.
The Great Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10, 23:43   #6
danjodan
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post
This is the great thing about the classic TR games (TR1 to TRC) is that the whole level is complete right down to the textures, even in areas like this one, that we should not be able to reach during normal gameplay

This is why there is far more exploration available in them compaired to the later TR games.

NOTE:- OK, there are a few inaccessable areas in TR1 to TRC that have either a blank texture or the wrong texture, but we are taking a very small percentage of the overall game, and they are fun to find.

In later games like TRL, TRA and TRU, you are set on a specific path with invisible barriers and other obsticles preventing you exploring too much, and even when you use flight tools, you find that there are a lot of areas uncomplete

This is all due to the size of the levels data file, ie, the 'big files' of the later games are massive compaired to the classics, so they could cram the whole level into the classics very easily and not use much memory.
people who do not cheat would not be able to get to those textured places and it is not more exploreing
danjodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-10, 23:46   #7
TheBloodRed

All sections are textures because a lot of the roof sections CAN be seen from ground level. So they texture them just in case the player decides to look around.
TheBloodRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-10, 00:53   #8
ryan91
Inactive

wow great finding. remind me inaccessible roofs of thames wharf.
ryan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-10, 00:55   #9
Real Life Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjodan View Post
people who do not cheat would not be able to get to those textured places and it is not more exploreing
Exploring utilising bugs and glitches and entering beta levels is not cheating!
Real Life Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-10, 01:41   #10
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Chi View Post

It's weird that they'd do it, though. You're not supposed to be up there so yeah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodRed View Post
All sections are textures because a lot of the roof sections CAN be seen from ground level. So they texture them just in case the player decides to look around.
No, you can't see the surface of a roof from ground level. I'm talking about a flat surface, not a slope.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote