www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-04-12, 20:50   #1941
larson n natla
Relic Hunter
 
larson n natla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 7,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lugia 2 View Post
Eh? Its nothing new, she's used to it. You make it sound like its the first time she's ever had in-your-face symbolism (for whatever reasons) in her videos.

I caught on as soon as I saw the single cover with the whole eye thing.


Downloaded the video in 1080p. She needs to dance more, this is amazing!
No, I know she's been doing it since Disturbia. -
__________________
Andrew Ryan: There's two ways to deal with mystery: uncover it, or eliminate it.
larson n natla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 20:57   #1942
Dark Lugia 2
Relic Hunter
 
Dark Lugia 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 9,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larson n natla View Post
No, I know she's been doing it since Disturbia. -
Hehe. Much earlier than Disturbia, actually!
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 22:17   #1943
[Xmas]
Tomb Raider
 
[Xmas]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BeyHive™
Posts: 12,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lugia 2 View Post
Hehe. Much earlier than Disturbia, actually!
She's been doing it all the time + the entire mirror symbolism in the S.O.S. "someone help me" video is so in your face it's getting boring. I'm sure there's plenty of it in Pon De Replay as well
[Xmas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 23:11   #1944
Dark Lugia 2
Relic Hunter
 
Dark Lugia 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 9,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Xmas] View Post
She's been doing it all the time + the entire mirror symbolism in the S.O.S. "someone help me" video is so in your face it's getting boring. I'm sure there's plenty of it in Pon De Replay as well


That's exactly what I was thinking, the whole mirror multiple personality thing and checkered floor pattern. And we see multiple personalities again in Where Have You Been, I do love the effects they used though

In case anyone thinks I'm hating, I'm not 'cause I stan for Rihanna.

Last edited by Dark Lugia 2; 30-04-12 at 23:16.
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 23:36   #1945
Chocola teapot
Tomb Raider
 
Chocola teapot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 20,888
Default

That was EXCELLENT. <33

I just loved it. My fav song and video if this Era.

It was so atmospheric and mysterious, and 'dat golden mask.

Omfg.
Chocola teapot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-12, 23:45   #1946
Sir Croft
Legend
 
Sir Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,767
Default

I have mixed feelings about the video. While it's undeniably pretty with great scenes and choreography, what the hell happened to videos that had something to do with the goddamn song?
__________________
Bow before your new god and be spared.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 00:09   #1947
CLF
Archaeologist
 
CLF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
I have mixed feelings about the video. While it's undeniably pretty with great scenes and choreography, what the hell happened to videos that had something to do with the goddamn song?
In some weird, far fetched way it kind of does. Think about it, a creature from a swamp travels long distances to find a partner, after she fails she retreats back to her home, just as lonely as when she set out. (This being a music video she decides to have a bit of a dance along the way, too.)

This is my interpretation of the video, it might be complete bull****, but it makes sense in my eyes and ties the whole thing together.
__________________
"Gone are the days of magic. Those times were cool." 2002-2013
CLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 03:18   #1948
danny.rex
Relic Hunter
 
danny.rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,038
Default

^ that

How related you want it to be to the lyrics? Its a great dance video for a great dance song, and I think it does relate to the "I've been everywhere man, looking for someone". Just because she isn't shown getting on with someone doesn't mean it doesn't relate, I find the video a great fit for the song.
__________________
they watch and they feed, they take what they need, they bite as you bleed
danny.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 21:20   #1949
LaraDuh
Relic Hunter
 
LaraDuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: District 2
Posts: 5,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLF View Post
In some weird, far fetched way it kind of does. Think about it, a creature from a swamp travels long distances to find a partner, after she fails she retreats back to her home, just as lonely as when she set out. (This being a music video she decides to have a bit of a dance along the way, too.)

This is my interpretation of the video, it might be complete bull****, but it makes sense in my eyes and ties the whole thing together.
Or the dancing could have been a courtship ritual she used in each area to attract a mate.
__________________
"Give them a taste of their own medicine" - Enobaria (AKA- Queenobaria)
LaraDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 21:49   #1950
Sir Croft
Legend
 
Sir Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 29,767
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLF View Post
In some weird, far fetched way it kind of does. Think about it, a creature from a swamp travels long distances to find a partner, after she fails she retreats back to her home, just as lonely as when she set out. (This being a music video she decides to have a bit of a dance along the way, too.)

This is my interpretation of the video, it might be complete bull****, but it makes sense in my eyes and ties the whole thing together.
Hm, that's actually quite cool, it does make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.rex View Post
^ that

How related you want it to be to the lyrics? Its a great dance video for a great dance song, and I think it does relate to the "I've been everywhere man, looking for someone". Just because she isn't shown getting on with someone doesn't mean it doesn't relate, I find the video a great fit for the song.
Well, it doesn't actually show her looking for someone, or who she found after all her life. Even if she doesn't actually achieve her goal.
__________________
Bow before your new god and be spared.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.