Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 13-10-04, 00:59   #1
TheEveningStar
Entertainment Correspondent

Arrow

Demeaning!

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop star Michael Jackson, angry over a "demeaning and insensitive" new Eminem music video that makes light of the child molestation charges against him, on Tuesday asked that networks pull it off the air.

Eminem's "Just Lose It" video shows the rapper, dressed as Jackson, sitting on the edge of a bed as young boys bounce behind him. At another point his nose falls off, a reference to rumors that Jackson has had extensive plastic surgery.

The video has already been pulled off the BET cable television network at the request of the self-proclaimed "King of Pop," who became one of the best-selling recording artists of all time in part thanks to his elaborate and pioneering music videos.

"I'm very angry at Eminem's depiction of me in this video. I feel that it is outrageous and disrespectful. It is one thing to spoof but it is another to be demeaning and insensitive," Jackson said in a radio interview in Los Angeles, according to a transcript provided by his spokeswoman.

"I've admired Eminem as (an) artist and was shocked by this. The video was inappropriate and disrespectful to me, my children, my family and the community at large," he said. "It is my hope that the other networks will take BET's lead and pull it."

A publicist for Eminem released a brief statement saying "We are sorry" BET chose to take the video off the air. He declined further comment.

Jackson, 46, faces trial in January on a 10-count indictment that charges him with child molestation and conspiracy. He has pleaded not guilty.

BET is owned by Viacom Inc.

Yahoo.com
TheEveningStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-04, 01:12   #2
Draco
Golden

I don't really have any sympathy for MJ. If he couldn't control his needs or at least keep them legal, that is his problem.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-04, 01:36   #3
TRChik

oi. he didnt do ****. just because hes somewhat odd doesnt not make him a molester... eminem takes all his videos over the edge and all of them are innopropriate. i dont have sympathy for eminem. he does those videos and makes up those lyrics. should he be surprised when people take his videos off air?? i think not. he pokes fun of celebs most of his videos. and we already know of what most people think of him.

hes just asking for it.
TRChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-04, 01:39   #4
Draco
Golden

Heh, dump both of em.
Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-04, 12:54   #5
mattioz

I have never liked micheal, but why doues he act like a loony in the 1st plae, eminems video just shows the truth, even if it is not for little kids i like eminem so much my msn nickname is based round his song just lose it
mattioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-04, 14:33   #6
Neteru

Why does he act like a loony? So how do 'loonies' act then? He is, of course eccentric. This is totally understandable considering he grew up from the age of 5 years in the public eye. Imagine the deep effect that had upon him. Do you think it gave him a realistic world view? And if it didn't, is that his fault? He acts the way he does because of his life experience. This does not make him a 'loonie'.

I have not seen Eminem's video (and neither would I want to), but I'm sure it does not portray truth. More the case that it portrays opinion, based upon media reportage.
Neteru is offline   Reply With Quote