www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-04-10, 18:06   #1
Ward Dragon
Moderator
 
Ward Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Temeria ♀
Posts: 39,429
Default Tomb Raider Fanfiction Competition #7 -- VOTING



Voting:

All participants must vote in order to have their own entries counted (non-participants are welcome to vote too). People cannot vote for their own entries.

Voting will be open until May 3rd (a week from this thread being posted).

To vote, choose your favorite three entries and assign points in the following format:

Member A: 3 points
Member B: 2 points
Member C: 1 point

At the end of voting, the points will be tallied and the top three places will be announced.


Entries:


lara bond

Dia2blo

merder

Ashnod

Rai

Ward Dragon
__________________
We all make choices. But in the end, our choices make us. ―Andrew Ryan (BioShock)
Ward Dragon is online now  
Old 26-04-10, 19:45   #2
Ward Dragon
Moderator
 
Ward Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Temeria ♀
Posts: 39,429
Default

Once again I really hate voting because I enjoyed all of the stories but I need to hurry up and do it while the stories are still fresh in my mind

Ashnod -- 3 points
Dia2blo -- 2 points
merder -- 1 point
__________________
We all make choices. But in the end, our choices make us. ―Andrew Ryan (BioShock)
Ward Dragon is online now  
Old 26-04-10, 21:21   #3
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 28,473
Default

Intriguing that two stories only mention Lara . All stories were good, so another tough choice, but:

3 points = Ashnod, so, we finally see the start of Jacqueline Natla's story.
2 points = Ward Dragon - a novice tomb raider, that could be a rival to Lara, huh? I really wish I could award another 2 points but rules are rules
1 point - Merder, good story, I almost felt sorry for the vampire.

Good luck all!
__________________
I need a new siggy, but this heat melted my brain so I can't think of anything.
Rai is offline  
Old 27-04-10, 17:18   #4
merder
Explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The voice in the back of your head!
Posts: 881
Default

i did enjoy reading all of the entries. but it was a shame that only there were only a few entries though(that not just bookworm me speaking ). and thus due to the few entries voting was easier and harder at the same time. and i hope more then just the entrants will vote.

3 points: dia2blo (I love the Phoenix. and glad that Lara reseted the sun((or should that be Chase ))
2 points: Ashnod (great piece of Natla's past. sure she may be immortal but that didn't give her the right to kill people even if she was concerned it was for the greater good)
1 point : Ward dragon ( i liked the idea of a new raider. and that he was distracted by Lara's outfit. and i hope for him he's just blinded temporarily).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
1 point - Merder, good story, I almost felt sorry for the vampire.
thanks. but too bad for the Vampire it is only almost. Well at-least he got some sympathy .
__________________
This is not real. You did not see this. You weren't here.
merder is offline  
Old 27-04-10, 18:23   #5
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 28,473
Default

Merder: The reason I said 'almost' was because I was on Lara's side of course, nothing against the vampire otherwise.
__________________
I need a new siggy, but this heat melted my brain so I can't think of anything.
Rai is offline  
Old 27-04-10, 18:57   #6
merder
Explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The voice in the back of your head!
Posts: 881
Default

Rai:i figured as much. but still it is better for him then feeling nothing at all for him. so like i said he got some sympathy
__________________
This is not real. You did not see this. You weren't here.
merder is offline  
Old 27-04-10, 19:06   #7
Ashnod
Professor
 
Ashnod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United States ♀
Posts: 2,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merder View Post
great piece of Natla's past. sure she may be immortal but that didn't give her the right to kill people even if she was concerned it was for the greater good
Of course not. But that's the thing about most villains. They don't see themselves as villains, and in many cases, they truly believe they are doing what is right and necessary, despite how appalling it appears to everyone else.

Thanks for the compliment.
Ashnod is offline  
Old 28-04-10, 05:15   #8
merder
Explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The voice in the back of your head!
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
Of course not. But that's the thing about most villains. They don't see themselves as villains, and in many cases, they truly believe they are doing what is right and necessary, despite how appalling it appears to everyone else.

Thanks for the compliment.
no problem but don't forget to vote(i wouldn't wan't any fic to be disqualified).
and that's a typical stereotype villain. they tend to only see their methods as the only way possible. but if Natla truly wants to hear the singing crystal again she'lll find another way as she'll never beat Lara(with expectation from some fan-fics maybe)
__________________
This is not real. You did not see this. You weren't here.
merder is offline  
Old 28-04-10, 05:32   #9
Ashnod
Professor
 
Ashnod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United States ♀
Posts: 2,871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merder View Post
no problem but don't forget to vote(i wouldn't wan't any fic to be disqualified).
and that's a typical stereotype villain. they tend to only see their methods as the only way possible. but if Natla truly wants to hear the singing crystal again she'lll find another way as she'll never beat Lara(with expectation from some fan-fics maybe)
Well, I'd tend to think villains see their method as the best way possible.

Natla is plenty capable of beating Lara. In fact, Natla SHOULD beat Lara. She doesn't because there wouldn't be more Tomb Raider after that happened.

And as far as the hearing the palaniakaza again, that's unlikely given the current state of the world. It stopped being possible around the time of Atlantis and nothing has changed since then to bring it back.
Ashnod is offline  
Old 28-04-10, 15:21   #10
merder
Explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The voice in the back of your head!
Posts: 881
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
Well, I'd tend to think villains see their method as the best way possible.
yeah they usually do and i;m glad Natla isn't the kind that realizes her faults after being beaten. not only dies that mean she can return as a villainess but ir proves how Evil she is(which for me is a good thing ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
Natla is plenty capable of beating Lara. In fact, Natla SHOULD beat Lara. She doesn't because there wouldn't be more Tomb Raider after that happened.
i too believe she is capable but still i think Natla will have a rough time vs Lara if she'd win. as Lara isn't particularly a push-over. because if lara was Natla already pulverized her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
And as far as the hearing the palaniakaza again, that's unlikely given the current state of the world. It stopped being possible around the time of Atlantis and nothing has changed since then to bring it back.
that's a shame for Natla but atleast she could listen the simulated ones(maybe not the same but it is better then nothing). that is if she managed to rescue one of the recordings. but if they all were lost that i feel really sorry for her.
__________________
This is not real. You did not see this. You weren't here.
merder is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.