Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 26-09-10, 11:47   #1
dizzydoil
Inactive

Exclamation Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light Modding, Costumes & Texturing – Discussion

WHAT DO I NEED?

• A LEGIT copy of Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light on Steam (2890752KB)
  • TexMod by RS (590KB)

HOW DO I DO IT?
  • Download TexMod & Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (or wherever you have installed Steam) and extract TexMod here.
  • Rename the Guardian of Light .exe (lcgol.exe) to lcgolother.exe (it's important everyone renames to this) and then rename TexMod to lcgol.exe.
  • Launch TexMod (well GoL) from Steam, hit the folder icon and locate the original Guardian of Light .exe now named lcgolother.exe and load it.
  • In TexMod go to the Logging Mode, do your thing and launch the game.
  • Congratulations, you're now set to go. Get modding!

NOTICE
  • Once you have created your mod using the links below, feel free to send me your model to compile it to work in-game.
  • If I'm currently unavailable or busy ask someone esle to compile it, and I'll upload it to the MODDING SHOWCASE.
  • I suggest using XNALara (by Dusan) to create a preview picture of your modification using the Guardian of Light models.

MODDING SHOWCASE: (SELECT YOUR CHARACTER - includes download links to default outfits)

-

I'VE CREATED A MOD, WHAT DO I DO?
  • Send me your modded textures so I can create a .TPF if you don't yet have the game OR simply post your .TPF with:
    An overview of the file, which will include at least the name of the outfit, and the name of the replaced outfit. An example of the overview would be:
    "GoL Yellow-
    It replaces the Lara Croft GoL Default."
    Additional information are welcome. It must be in English, however.
    A decent image of the mod is required. She can be either still or in motion and it can be either in-game or using XNALara (by Dusan). Make sure the image size abides by the forums rules.

USEFUL LINKS:
  • TexMod Tutorial - Learn how to use the program with a tutorial (written by Lee). French version also included
  • Using a Mod - If you want to run an outfit, check this guidance. You need TexMod, so download it from the top of the page.
(NOTE: The above links lead to Legend tutorials, but the methods are exactly the same.)

WARNING:
Quote:
A few people have been digging through the game files and have come up with information about the possible DLC characters. However this information is not official yet and we have been asked not to discuss it until an official announcement has been made. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Last edited by tlr online; 13-03-20 at 11:44. Reason: Updated Tomb Raider Hub links.
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-10, 12:10   #2
Love2Raid

Smile

Since you decided to take the responsibility over this, could you also do the following:
  • Extract textures and .log files of all Lara models and Totec (to start with)
  • Allow people to mod the outfits while viewing them in XNA
  • Allow people to send you their modded textures and turn them into a .tpf
  • Make preview pics of the mods (but could also be done in XNA by the modders)

It would be great, because a lot of modders don΄t have the game for PC and you have it and also know all this stuff.

Perhaps other people could help out as well.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-10, 12:22   #3
Lara_maniac
Inactive

is available the LEGAL Pc Game? becouse i've seen on steam that is in preorder.. the exit would be start on 28 of this mounth..
Lara_maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-10, 12:33   #4
dizzydoil
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_maniac View Post
is available the LEGAL Pc Game? becouse i've seen on steam that is in preorder.. the exit would be start on 28 of this mounth..
If you had downloaded the demo/trial through gamespot, you could of purchased and played the game early. If you have not, you have to wait until the 28th to play the game.
Old 26-09-10, 12:56   #5
herothing

I must say, with no spoilers, i'm not pleased with the dlc skins.
Anyhow, i look forward to attempting to mod these
herothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-10, 12:56   #6
dizzydoil
Inactive

Default Lara Croft

You have selected Lara Croft.
(click here to download the default outfit to begin modding if you don't yet have the game.)

CONTENT COMING SOON. GET MODDING!

Last edited by dizzydoil; 28-09-10 at 08:12.
Old 26-09-10, 12:57   #7
dizzydoil
Inactive

You have selected Totec.
(click here to download the default outfit to begin modding if you don't yet have the game.)

CONTENT COMING SOON. GET MODDING!

Last edited by dizzydoil; 28-09-10 at 08:29.
Old 26-09-10, 13:00   #8
Sharon_14

mini-loincloth totec, anyone?
Sharon_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-10, 13:17   #9
dizzydoil
Inactive

(proof of concept) - I think the greener top, and browner boots look HOT!

VictorXD's HD Legend in-game.

Last edited by dizzydoil; 26-09-10 at 13:39.
Old 26-09-10, 16:26   #10
daventry

Smile

Should i add this Thread to My Thread, or is it a Modification for XNALara or In-Game

Last edited by daventry; 26-09-10 at 16:28.
daventry is offline   Reply With Quote