www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 15-02-12, 17:41   #1
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

Arrow THE WALKING DEAD (Video Game) General Thread

-INFO FROM IGN-

Quote:
We haven't heard about The Walking Dead game in a while, but that all changes today. Developer Telltale Games finally released a new batch of zombie-filled screenshots and details on a new online show -- Playing Dead -- all about its five-episode adventure game.

The screens are embedded here, and Playing Dead is available on the game's official site now. Tomorrow and into the future, it'll be available on YouTube, iTunes, Xbox Live and the PlayStation Network. The inclusion of the PSN and Xbox Live is interesting because platforms still aren't known for The Walking Dead game -- Telltale is still being coy and saying "spring of 2012 for all major gaming platforms."

Need a brief synopsis of what the game based on the comics and not the TV is all about? Allow Telltale to preach...
--Telling the story of a new group of survivors as they struggle to flee the horror of Atlanta and the surrounding communities consumed by the undead, The Walking Dead offers players the chance to experience the very first days of the apocalypse, meeting people and participating in events that intersect with the story seen in the comic books.

Gary Whitta, screenwriter of The Book of Eli and former editor-in-chief of PC Gamer, will serve as a story consultant for the game.
-SCREENS-

Episode 1 - Out Now

Episode 2 - Out Now

Episode 3 - Out Now

Episode 4 - Out Now

Episode 5 - November 20th 2012

Telltale's The Walking Dead retail release coming December
Quote:
Maybe you've been wanting to play Telltale's gut-wrenching decision simulator The Walking Dead, but you lack the required internet connectivity. Then how are you reading this right now, smart guy? Anyway, we'll deal with your lies later, because Telltale has removed your last remaining reason not to play the game by announcing a disc version coming in December.

The developer announced that the entire season will be available at retail on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on December 4. Pricing wasn't announced, but we would hazard a guess at $20--the price of the similarly disc-ported Back to the Future: The Game.

Season 2 Confirmed
Quote:
Telltale confirmed that more games in its The Walking Dead series will be developed after the launch of the fifth and final episode in the current season.

The company's Senior VP of Marketing Steve Allison said the "first episodic game series based on The Walking Dead has sold nearly 1.7 million episodes to consumers in just our first 8 weeks with no signs of slowing down," in a statement to Polygon. Telltale plans on launching the third episode of its current The Walking Dead season in August.

Allison added, "Following the digital release of our fifth episode we will also be coming to North American retail shortly thereafter and this will not be the last The Walking Dead game series that we do."

THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 2

Quote:
Season 2, retitled The Walking Dead: Season Two, is an ongoing second set of episodes for Telltale Games' award-winning The Walking Dead and the successor of Season 1. It was confirmed by Telltale Games in July 2012, due to the big success of the game.

Your choices made in Season 1 and the "400 Days" DLC will affect the decisions in Season 2. Although "400 Days" is not a direct part of the story thread joining Seasons 1 and 2, the player's actions in "400 Days" will affect some elements of Season 2. If you haven’t played "400 Days", the elements that would have been affected will be seamlessly pre-determined by the game.

The first episode was released on December 17th for PC/Mac via Steam and on PlayStation Network. It was released for Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network Europe and iOS on December 18th. Other platform releases including PlayStation Vita and Ouya are yet to be announced.
Episode 1 Trailer: All That Remains

Episode 2 Trailer: A House Divided

Last edited by ajrich17901; 07-01-14 at 12:42.
ajrich17901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 17:53   #2
noonbob
Archaeologist

wow !! this looks good
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 17:57   #3
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
wow !! this looks good
I know right? After seeing what RE has become after all these years I'm excited for a good third person zombie game that isn't all about shooting.
Old 15-02-12, 17:59   #4
noonbob
Archaeologist

i can't wait to see more !
Old 15-02-12, 18:04   #5
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Is there any gameplay I can see of this. At the moment, I could careless how much they talk about the game, show me the product in motion, then talk about what you did, what made is special, etc.

Anyone can make a pretty photo out of some 3d models, textures, lighting, etc. To some amateurs, it's child's play, but gameplay is different. It takes a ton of time and effort to nail in 3D, and Tell-Tale aren't on the ball as of late.
Old 15-02-12, 18:05   #6
Nemo_91
Tomb Raider

Can't wait for this.
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 18:07   #7
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_91 View Post
Can't wait for this.
I know, Spring can't come soon enough and the best part is its also coming to PC.
Old 15-02-12, 18:09   #8
Nemo_91
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajrich17901 View Post
I know, Spring can't come soon enough and the best part is its also coming to PC.
I really should start reading the comics.. (I only have the first two issues though )
Nemo_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-12, 18:13   #9
noonbob
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
Is there any gameplay I can see of this. At the moment, I could careless how much they talk about the game, show me the product in motion, then talk about what you did, what made is special, etc.

Anyone can make a pretty photo out of some 3d models, textures, lighting, etc. To some amateurs, it's child's play, but gameplay is different. It takes a ton of time and effort to nail in 3D, and Tell-Tale aren't on the ball as of late.
yeh i would like to see some gameplay too
Old 15-02-12, 18:13   #10
ajrich17901
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_91 View Post
I really should start reading the comics.. (I only have the first two issues though )
Highly recommend them, I've never been much into comics but after reading the walking dead I couldn't put them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
yeh i would like to see some gameplay too
Just like every other game title known to man, patience lol