Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 25-11-10, 02:05   #1
larafan25

Question Signs of Sexuality - Do they even exist?

No I really do not want this pushed away to the gay community, it's out in the open for more people to view and whine about.

A lot of the time if not all the time we associate physical attributes or even shallow characteristics with sexuality. That girl is gay because she has short hair, that guy is gay because he has a high voice, he is bisexual because.....?

Do these assessments actually work? Can you actually judge a persons sexuality based on such silly traits? It seems to me like what we have to do to simplify it for ourselves is swap the guy into the girls role and vise versa to understand homosexuality, though by doing this we are left with no way to figure out bisexuality.

I know there are a lot of opinions on here (holly fricken crap a lot of opinions) and they all are different, some people believe we are all bisexual and just sit in different areas on a scale, others believe that we are all straight.

I was just wondering, how many people actually think these observations can tell you a persons sexuality, yes most times these observations draw such a conclusion, but why?
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-10, 02:08   #2
scoopy_loopy

Of course those observations work (well I'd say at least 90% of the time, anyway). If a guy, acts, speaks, and dresses camp - he's probably gay. Although sometimes I think it's harder to tell with lesbians. There are just simply butch straight women out there.
scoopy_loopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-10, 02:14   #3
larafan25

What are these characteristics though? Are they based on really old times when men would look for women via physical signs of good firtility and women would look for when with signs of good ability to bring home food?
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-10, 02:19   #4
scoopy_loopy

Well... camp means a guy acts like a woman, to the extreme, I guess - therefore, one assumes like a woman, he's interested in men?
Old 25-11-10, 02:21   #5
Killercowz
Inactive

In some cases you can just tell.

Killercowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-10, 02:51   #6
Eddie Haskell

It's an interesting topic. I can relate something about this.

When I was going to college in the late 70's, we used to hang out in a bus station that had many rows of pinball machines (I was a pinball wiz in those days). It was also the hangout of gays, although we did not know that initially. In those days I was a typical long haired, bearded and shabby dressing college kid as were many of my friends, but one of my buddies had a choir boy look to him. You know, short well groomed hair, nice slacks, fancy shirts, etc. Well, while we were playing the games, on occasion one of the gays would come over and "speak" to us. Or I should say, to my friend Walter, the "neat" one. At first it was funny, but after the first couple of times he would go off on the guy who assumed he was gay. I told him if he didn't want that kind of attention he should not come there, or change his clothes...
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-10, 02:59   #7
Phlip
Inactive

Apparently if your ring finger is longer than your index finger on a guy, you're gay. Or if your hair swirls on your head in a certain direction.

I personally think it's a crock of ****, though. =/

Last edited by Phlip; 25-11-10 at 03:17.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-10, 03:06   #8
Ikas90
Globetrotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
Apparently if your ring finger is longer than your index finger on a guy, you're gay. Or if your hair swirls on your head in a certain direction.

=/
Well, my ring finger is longer than my index, but I'm not gay.

I have a few feminist traits that other people would consider 'gay'. It's all part of the social hype these days.
Ikas90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-10, 03:10   #9
scoopy_loopy

Quote:

=/
It doesn't mean you're 'gay', it just a sign that you probably received more oestrogen than average in the womb (conversely longer index fingers suggests higher in-womb testosterone levels). As for the hair thing, never heard of it - and I very much doubt it.

Last edited by scoopy_loopy; 25-11-10 at 03:15.
Old 25-11-10, 03:11   #10
The1andOnlyTR

Quote:
Apparently if your ring finger is longer than your index finger on a guy, you're gay.
Meh. Only slightly.

The1andOnlyTR is offline   Reply With Quote