www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 24-01-11, 23:54   #1
Marluxia15
Student

Wink Community Event #2- The Continuable Tale!

Hey guys! As promised, I've organized a new Community Event for everyone to take part in. The end of last year allowed for tons of people to submit entries into Lara's Big Book o' Poetry, which is now available on my site: Hunter's Tomb Raider Tales.

In this Community Event, everyone can once again participate to create one epic piece of writing. The general idea is that I will begin a story featuring Lara, and the next person to reply will continue the tale with several more paragraphs, and so on, and so forth. Read these Rules below before starting.

RULES:
-Only reply to this thread if you are a participant!
-The event will run from January 25th to February 11th
-You can write a good few paragraphs, but do not write a book yourself. The idea is to continue the adventure, leaving it open for the next person to add to.
-Try to keep this PG-13 rated here. That means no drugs and other vices that generally follow (sorry...)
-Also try to continue the story, and not change it completely from what the previous people wrote. We don't want the story to look like it isn't very organized. You can introduce new characters, locations, etc.
-Lara cannot die.
-I will close the story on February 11th. And then I will post it here, and on my site for everyone to see in the future.
-Anyone can participate, and write as many additions as they want, but no double-posting please!
-To avoid having two people submit an add-on at the same time, reply that you are going to respond next, and then edit that post once you have posted it so everybody will know to wait for you to finish. Chances are that you probably won't post something at the same time as someone else, but just take it as a precaution.
-If you have any other questions referring to this event, you can PM me if you'd like, or even send me an email at [T.reasurehunter@yahoo.com].

Good luck, and have fun!!!
Old 25-01-11, 00:02   #2
Marluxia15
Student

It began on a particularly rainy day. Lara Croft sat silently inside Croft Manor, watching the fire cackle in the fireplace sending the aroma of burnt yule wood and pine through her nose. She savored the smell, it reminding her of her most recent adventure. She was in stranded in a dense wood. She was lost. She was alone.

The helicopter had crashed in the dark forest. Gunfire had brought it down, killing the pilot upon impact. She was used to death. It was as if she and Death were longtime friends. Her arm had been hurt badly, and blood trickled down the side of her leg where a piece of debris had scraped against it in the crash.

She cursed, under her breath, and then looked towards to stronghold, not too far ahead. She had thought her plan to be full-proof. She had stolen one of the enemy's helicopters, and flew without a hint of betrayal towards the stronghold. It was set deep in the forests of Africa, the stronghold. If they got a hold of the artifact before Lara did...

It was a situation she didn't want to think about.

Picking up her fallen backpack, she flung it around her shoulders, faced the woods, and began the trek towards the stronghold, some miles ahead.

"Lovely," she sighed.

Last edited by Marluxia15; 26-01-11 at 02:50.
Marluxia15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-11, 00:13   #3
lord gaga
Relic Hunter

She stumbled forward through the thick woods as the calls of various animals surround her. Her hands pressed hard against her gun holsters."Why am i so paraniod? I've been in this situation a million time" she was thinking as a monkey jumps right in front of her. Shots rang out and blood ran from the poor limp body of the monkey."Damn it! What the hell is wrong with me today?" she thought but as she walked over the body mindlessly the ground shook and a huge creature rolled out from the stronghold's outer barriar little to lara's knowledge.

Hope it was ok guys

Last edited by lord gaga; 25-01-11 at 09:05.
lord gaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-11, 00:35   #4
FloTheMachine
Relic Hunter

She stopped at the poor animals dead body and sighed quietly, her weapons lay, forgotton in her holsters, she swallowed a lump in her throat and closed the little ape's eyes gently, then standing up again, determinded to continue on, she stumbled along aimlessly, blood now beginning to pulse from her leg.

"If I don't get out soon... I'm going to die..." She muttered, in a matter of fact voice, while she said this she noticed grey spots beginning to appear on her vision.

'I'm going to black out...' She thought, however after a moment of clinging onto a thick tree she felt the dizziness leave, and she had only a moment's warning.
Then it pounced through the bushes...
Old 25-01-11, 01:10   #5
Marluxia15
Student

It was the Guardian of the stronghold. She thought it to have simply been myth, but as it happened, it was real. Very real. With a mighty roar, the beast cried out into the night sky, the space around it's mouth distorting momentarily from the high frequency bellow.

Sore, she pulled out her pistols, and aimed them directly at the beast's chest. It was titanic in size, as tall as about ten feet. It was hairy, brown fur puffing out all around its body. Sharp claws were fashioned onto its two beastly arms and legs, and his most notable quality? The two necks that separated form its body. Two heads. Twice the trouble.

But bigger the fall, Lara thought.

She ran towards the beast, unloading a whole magazine into its chest. Not much damage had been done. It roared in its unexpected reaction. Lara slid under the beast's legs and continued firing from behind. But one of the Guardian's necks, thrashing about in the air, scooped Lara up, wrapping its neck tight around her body.

A grasp like an anaconda... Lara recalled.

It picked her up from the ground, and she dropped her pistols, silently cursing herself for her clumsy mistake. The beast brought her up to eye level, and roared in her face, a ghastly saliva spitting around.

"This is going to be harder than I thought," Lara muttered to herself.
Old 26-01-11, 01:03   #6
Tyminator
Hobbyist

Even though the beast had her arms pinned against her body, Lara had just enough room to reach the grappling hook that was hanging from her belt. She pointed the sharp tip at the Guardian's second head and fired.

The metal hook shot out from her belt like a rocket and buried itself directly into the right eye of the beast. As soon as the hook lodged itself inside the soft flesh of the eyeball, it sprang open, shooting blood and soft pieces of the beast's cornea all over Lara.

The beast bellowed in pain and released its' death grip on Lara.

She fell about fifteen feet towards the hard, rocky ground. Lara did a quick tuck-and-roll and landed right next to her pistols. She scooped them up as the Guardian, dripping blood from its' eye, came back for round two.

Last edited by Tyminator; 26-01-11 at 02:45.
Tyminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-11, 20:20   #7
Marluxia15
Student

Quick to avoid the beast which lashed at her with its mighty, and fearsome claws, Lara back flipped, nearly escaping the slash, and swipe of claws. She began to fire at the beast, the bullets bouncing off and rolling across the ground. She knew that she didn't have unlimited ammo, and that she'd have to act....fast.

Another shot to one of its eyes would make it half blind, which Lara could probably use to her advantage. The problem was, that she couldn't aim perfectly with the beast lashing about. Taking cover behind a nearby pine, she pointed her pistols and fired at the first head. The first few bullets were a miss.

Then, it saw her. Crashing across the ground for her, she jumped out of the way as it crashed into the tree she had been hiding behind, and then she shot at its furry face. Direct hit.

More blood gushed from the beast's eye, and his entire left head was soaked with the maroon fluid. The tree the Guardian had crashed into swayed momentarily, and then picked up speed as it crashed with a thunderous echo, to the ground. The beast looked for Lara, located her, and the spun around madly. Lara had an idea. The beast needed to be defeated within the next moment. If not, Lara wasn't sure she could hold out against its rage, again. She had one last chance to bring the beast down...
Old 30-01-11, 04:51   #8
Tyminator
Hobbyist

Lara sprinted towards the back of the beast, firing her pistols as she ran.

Please, Thought Lara. Don't turn around.

She needed the Guardian to lash out at her with its' tail. If not, her plan was worthless.

She decided to get the beast's attention by emptying her clips on the base of its' tail. Eventually, the Guardian got the memo. The tail swung around in a low arc headed straight for Lara. She waited patiently for the tail to come around and then did what the beast was least expecting.

Lara jumped onto the tail and ran up the beast's back, realoading as she went. The Guardian tried to swat her off of its' back, but Lara easily dodged the sharp cawls and shimmyed up one the long necks on to the head.

The beast roared, which was exactly what Lara wanted. She leaped off the top of the head and dove forward, firing three rounds down the throat off each head. Blood erupted from the back of the two heads as her bullets pierced the soft flesh of the throat.

Lara had timed her jump perfectly and landed softly in a nearby Baobab tree, just as the Guardian of the Temple crashed down onto the rocky gorund.
Old 30-01-11, 11:47   #9
tampi
Tomb Raider

The tree was a colossal size. Its branches are spread dozens of meters in all directions. Its central trunk was full of compliments and twisted recesses of life and death. Scratches caused by earlier battles of the Guardian.
She started to climb from the narrow crevices, clinging to all that amalgam of wood twisted like a whirlwind to heaven.
After a few minutes reached a branch and began to string enchain hops between all that net which was forming the tree.
Her skill made her get to the northern end of one of the largest branches of the tree.
From there she could jump into a small hole in the wall of the temple.

Last edited by tampi; 30-01-11 at 11:53.
tampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-11, 15:28   #10
Marluxia15
Student

The temple was like none she'd ever experienced. Legend surrounding the artifact she was after spoke of a thousand traps that lay scattered throughout. Even if one were able to bypass the Guardian outside, they'd not survive the temple's various pitfalls spike traps.

The hole in the wall that she'd climbed through emptied into a long, stone corridor. There were black scratches periodically on the stone floor, hinting that Lara may be about to face a...

As she took a step forward, the stone beneath her lowered. It was a pressure pad. "Trap!" Lara shouted, alarmed at the swinging pendulums that began to slice back and forth very fast down the hall. Hesitant to continue, she turned to see a wall of spikes moving towards her from behind.

There's only one way forward, Lara realized. Taking a small jump back, she ran forward and dove over the first bladed pendulum. It missed her by an inch. Three more pendulums lied down the hallway, continually scratching into the stone floor. Lara ran, and jumped over the second. This time, the blade caught the back of her braid, slicing through the hair band, and cutting an inch to the ground.

"Bloody-" She was interrupted by the sound of a high frequency clashing. The spike wall and collided with the first swinging pendulum which held the wall back for a brief moment before it broke the pendulum and picked up even more speed.

She jumped over the third pendulum, and then to finish it off, swan dived over the next, landing in the "safe zone".

As if any place here is...safe? She realized as she turned out of the first hall, that she had already been plunged into the second, deadly trap...