www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Community > General Chat

Old 13-01-12, 00:55   #1
patriots88888
Tomb Raider

Default Soul mates: Fact or fiction?

I certainly believe. There are times where mere coincidence simply can't explain everything. For example, when you know what the other person is going to say before they say it. And when you both say the same thing at exactly the same time. And especially, knowing how that other person is feeling without them revealing those feelings or they try to disguise them (like knowing their thoughts without any intuitive effort). In some cases when this happens perhaps it is only a matter of knowing that person really well and knowing their tendencies, but what about when this occurs right from the get go (right from the time when you first meet)? And when it seemingly happens all the time? Is it only wishful thinking, or do you believe there is undoubtedly something much deeper behind it all?

Just wondering if anyone else feels this uncanny connection with another.
Old 13-01-12, 01:19   #2
CiaKonwerski

I believe there is more to life than...coincidences also. There are too many of them to simply think that is all they are. I feel as if people who do not believe in something more..haven't experiences enough "coincidences."

When it comes to soul mates...I am...not sure. I at times wish and pray that somewhere out there there is a person who connects with me so well, that...everything else doesn't matter besides this person. I thought I had found someone who was that...but, unfortunately that person was not meant to be with me. I keep hope alive, that something in my life will occur that pushes me toward that special person down the road. If it doesn't...then perhaps it was never meant to be. I guess I'll see.
CiaKonwerski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12, 01:19   #3
larafan25
Legend

Well...Me and my sister often say things at the same time, and We'll often end up humming a song the other had stuck in their head...

But I hope we're not soul mates. ;/

el oh el.

Otherwise I haven't encountered much like this, but I think if I did have a soul mate, then I wouldn't, if that makes sense.

Sort of destine to be alone.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12, 01:22   #4
interstellardave
Tomb Raider

My wife and I have such events all the time. We are very much "in tune" in a lot of ways, and a lot of the time.
Old 13-01-12, 01:31   #5
Legend 4ever
Relic Hunter

I don't really believe in soul mates. I certainly don't believe that there is just one person out there that we're meant to be with/would have a perfect relationship with if we ever met them. A connection in life and love can be made with many people(preferably not at the same time, but if that's what you (and they) like, go for it).
Old 13-01-12, 01:37   #6
Dingaling
Gold Contributor

"Once, a long, long time ago, all people had four legs and two heads. And then the gods threw down thunderbolts, and split everyone into two. Each half then had two legs and one head. But the separation left both sides with a desperate yearning to be reunited. Because they each shared the same soul. And ever since then, all people spend their lives searching for the other half of their soul."

[/Gabrielle]

As for what I think? I think the concept is beautiful, poetic even. I can't really say for sure if 'soul mates' exist but for many people there's definitely that person who seems to fit with them so perfectly it's almost undeniable that they are the same 'soul'.
Old 13-01-12, 01:48   #7
Dark Lugia 2
Relic Hunter

Don't believe in soulmates, I believe in people that are really compatiple with each other (personalities, hobbys, etc). Mainly because its a huge world we live in, why would your 'soul mate' live in the same city, let alone the same country as you?

Last edited by Dark Lugia 2; 13-01-12 at 01:49. Reason: Autocorrect...
Dark Lugia 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12, 01:54   #8
patriots88888
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lugia 2 View Post
Don't believe in soulmates, I believe in people that are really compatiple with each other (personalities, hobbys, etc). Mainly because its a huge world we live in, why would your 'soul mate' live in the same city, let alone the same country as you?
Who's saying that they do?
Old 13-01-12, 02:11   #9
Shark_Blade
Legend

The way I look at it, it certainly exist. Only that not everyone gets to find their soul mate in their lifetime, so the ones who did are very lucky indeed.

It raises valid questions as well. For example, if someone you love died before getting married and the one living eventually got married to another person, does that eliminate your chance from finding your soul mate forever? Does that mean one is doomed to be alone forever?

I was taught that God created us in pairs. If one does not get to meet their soul mate on earth, there is always afterlife in heaven, where Paradise is a place of ultimate bliss - no one will be let down therein, and God will inspire each inhabitant to seek what will be best and most joyous for him/her. With respect to this life, such a person should be patient and trust in God’s decree. He/she should go ahead and marry someone else, as life should move forward despite our trials.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 13-01-12 at 02:54.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-12, 02:22   #10
DgoOdz94
Tomb Raider

I think soul mates still exist, it may be rare or rather coincidence. However, it does happen.