Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 20-01-12, 13:15   #1
zeussy
Inactive

Default Sleep Paralysis or Demonic Possession?

A series of things most unusual and disturbing happened to me over the past couple of days.. After much thinking and pondering with my boyfriend, I thought I'd share it here... About a day ago, I was lying in bed, ready to fall asleep. The only light in the room came from the door which was peaked open... I usually spend about a minute with my eyes closed before I actually "fall asleep". During that minute, I randomly decided to open my eyes - very slowly and not fully open. I noticed a figure dressed in what looked like a white nightgown, I could only see it from the neck-down. At first, I thought it was my Mother. But the instant I blinked, the figure disappeared. I tried opening and closing my eyes again, just to see if it was an illusion - my eyes playing tricks on me, but the figure didn't show up at all. The following night was even more horrific.. I experienced what I now, after some research, believe is a terrifying form of sleep paralysis - or is it? Here's what happened, it all started with a series of dreams which involved me back in highschool. I was standing at the bathroom door, unable to move or speak. I instantly fell to the ground with tears in my eyes. My friends looked at me and listened as all I could make was a squealing sound, like that of a dog. I immediately woke up and was glad it was just a dream.... My cat was in my arms, and it was quite warm. It was 12 because the alarm was ringing and I knew had to take my medication. I decided to close my eyes again for only a little while. As soon as I opened them, I could hear an incredibly loud shrieking noise of high frequency in my ears, my whole body was shaking, and I couldn't move a single muscle. I kept squealing like a dog, but no one could hear me. The door was closed and I could hear my sister playing outside (she still is) That's how I know it wasn't a dream... This happened for about 10 times (I think) before I finally decided to get out of that damned bed. I did some research on the subject and it turns out to be some form of horrendous sleep paralysis... I read through some people's comments on the issue and many believe it could actually be a sort of demonic possession. From what I experienced, it could have very well been that... I felt like there was an entity trying to take hold of my body, and I couldn't do a thing about it. It would usually stop when I moved my feet. But I was stupid enough to close my eyes again and the same thing would happen over and over again... It wasn't soon when I decided enough was enough and got myself out of bed. I would love to know people's thoughts about this... To be honest, I find this quite exciting and hilarious at the same time xD Here's a link I found, read through all of the comments.

http://www.end-your-sleep-deprivatio...oft-noise.html

Last edited by zeussy; 20-01-12 at 13:20.
zeussy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 13:20   #2
NRO.

You were dreaming with your eyes open. When you sleep, your body is in complete paralysis. Lucid dreams occur when your body is asleep but your mind isn't.
NRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 13:22   #3
dizzydoil
Inactive

I find the whole thing absolutely fascinating if I'm perfectly honest. It is, however, just your imagination leaking into the real world (IMO). Lucid dreaming with your eyes open or something.

I would love to believe its a demon possessing you (lol) but I find the brain is scarier in these cases. Or better...if you can control your dream.

Last edited by dizzydoil; 20-01-12 at 13:24.
dizzydoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 13:26   #4
Tonyrobinson

It's sleep paralysis I get it all the time, you can have you eyes open and thus your sight is regained but your mind is still conjuring up images for your dreams so you see them in your room. In fact last night I imagined some sort of demon squealing at me too. Turns out that my Electricity was out and the alarm went off.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 13:27   #5
zeussy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRO. View Post
You were dreaming with your eyes open. When you sleep, your body is in complete paralysis. Lucid dreams occur when your body is asleep but your mind isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydoil View Post
I find the whole thing absolutely fascinating if I'm perfectly honest. It is, however, just your imagination leaking into the real world (IMO). Lucid dreaming with your eyes open or something.

I would love to believe its a demon possessing you (lol) but I find the brain is scarier in these cases. Or better...if you can control your dream.
Your words make perfect sense.. Only I know what lucid dreams feel like, and this felt nothing like one xD It happened 10 times in a row... I wanted to wake up, but each time I did, I found myself back in bed again O_O I was almost convinced it was an endless cycle... It was truly horrific at the time, but now that I'm wide awake, I find it damn interesting xD I love experiencing these things and telling others all about it <:
Old 20-01-12, 13:32   #6
Tonyrobinson

Well it's a night cycle, your body is paralyzed because it's in a total relaxed state to rejuvenate you.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 13:35   #7
zeussy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Well it's a night cycle, your body is paralyzed because it's in a total relaxed state to rejuvenate you.
Hmmm, that does make sense Thanks ;D For some reason right now, I want it to be a demon, LMAO!
Old 20-01-12, 13:36   #8
Nausinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRO. View Post
How do I kick people then?

Dude, only one question for the thread starter, could you smell sulphur?

Last edited by Nausinous; 20-01-12 at 13:37.
Nausinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-12, 13:41   #9
zeussy
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausinous View Post
How do I kick people then?

Dude, only one question for the thread starter, could you smell sulphur?
I was actually able to move my feet O_O And no, lmao, someone's been watching too much Supernatural ;D
Old 20-01-12, 13:49   #10
michaeldt

That's a vey interesting story and I actually mean that, but when I've been tired before and just woken up, I have had about one or two instances in my life when my brain is still making images appear in front of me
michaeldt is online now   Reply With Quote