Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 27-01-12, 11:48   #1
Mr GaGa

Default My girlfriend is talking about a friend to much

Ok so my Girlfriend is talking about a friend of mind almost everyday and brings him up in almost every conversation. I'm uncomforatable, is she starting to like my friend a little to much than she needs to? What should I do
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 11:51   #2
jarekhanzelka

Don't do ANYTHING, until you have a bit more than her talking about him to bring up in an argument, which would now be completely unnecessary and probably would only cause trouble. Tough to say if there's really anything to be suspicious about, or if you're just being paranoid. That's nothing to be ashamed of btw, every single in-love person is paranoid every now and then.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 12:07   #3
nick styger

happened to me once. I was talking a lot about another girl (whom I sort of fancied) and my wife one day said "you talk a lot about 'her', should I be worried?"

That made me aware of what I was doing and that I had to get a grip (who knows what might have happened if I had just let things slip and slide).
I realized my relationship was very important to me...and not worth endangering with a mild infatuation. I still like the other girl, but I keep my imagination under control and we all get along even better now.
Dunno if this helps at all.
nick styger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 12:13   #4
Mr GaGa

Its been going on for a while, and the other day she was telling me that I should get my hair like his bc his hair is Nice and neat and I was like WTF i just got you roses and your still talking about him . I also dont understand why she has his number, Im not a Jealous type of person but something just isnt right. Im thinking about confronting her with this assumption
Mr GaGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 12:15   #5
nick styger

I suppose it'll be better to know (if you're prepared for the truth, whatever it may be) than suffer the agonies you're going through.

EDIT

Only problem is if she denies it you're back at square one.

Last edited by nick styger; 27-01-12 at 12:18.
nick styger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 12:20   #6
jarekhanzelka

Maybe she has his number because they're friends as well? If anything, don't just jump into conclusions and don't confront her with assumptions based entirely on your worries. The best you can do, and most you should do, is what nick talked about. Just ask her whether or not should you be worried.

The haircut thing, though, would just piss me off as hell. But that's just me and my cholerism, she may not really mean anything other than suggesting a similar haircut would suit you. Just, let her gently know you're aware of how much attention she seems to pay to this guy, and that it's not exactly pleasent for you. If she instantly gets all emotional, she's probably not the kind of girl to even have a relationship with, but then again, I'm a choleric with mostly bad experience with girls, so you probably would do better to just ignore my posts entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick styger View Post
Only problem is if she denies it you're back at square one.
You can always tell if your beloved one is lying to you about something like this. Always.
jarekhanzelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 12:31   #7
Greenapple968

To the Jeremy Kyle Show you go!

But really, you'd do yourself a massive favour by simply asking her why she talks about your friend so much and take things from there.
Greenapple968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 21:13   #8
benjamin_2010

I always think it's best to ask questions when in a situation like this. I'm not into wasting any time, if the person I'm with isn't interested anymore, let's just move on. And also, I don't think when someone gets approached with these kinds of questions they should act offensive. If there's no deal going on, then don't be so hostile!

Anyway. Ask about it and report back.
benjamin_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 23:08   #9
Larapink

@Mr GaGa: Have you talked to her about this?
Larapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-12, 01:15   #10
irjudd

A friend of mind? Sounds harmless to me.
irjudd is offline   Reply With Quote