Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 06-02-12, 10:17   #1
sandygrimm

Default How Will the Future in Technology Look like?

According to scientists and futurologists this is how the future in tech will look like in 25 years, at it's current evolution. Once SF not S Fact! Leet's hope we won't wipe ourselves out till than
If you guys have any other ideas how the future will look like or what tech you'd like to see, please share

Last edited by sandygrimm; 06-02-12 at 10:18.
sandygrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 10:27   #2
Cristina

WOW so awesome!!!BUT 25 YEARS IS TO DAMN LONG!!
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 10:48   #3
digitizedboy

Anti-Gravity.
digitizedboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 11:07   #4
Cochrane
Golden

I hope someone finds an alternative or major extension of touch screens. They are neat, but very hard to use without looking. This makes them quite useless for example in cars, where you have to be able to distinguish buttons by their feel and shape, without looking. Of course, many car companies don't seem to realize that. But it's not just cars. On an old iPod without touchscreen, you can change the volume, the song or press play and pause without looking at the device. You can feel where the controls are, roughly. With an iPhone or iPod touch, well, you have dedicated buttons for volume control, but play, pause, forward, backward, all those require you to look at the device. I hope someone finds a way to solve this issue.
Cochrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 11:08   #5
jackali
Golden

That's pretty awesome, but just think of all the fingerprints everywhere! Not to mention the smudges! :/

Last edited by jackali; 06-02-12 at 11:11.
jackali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 11:12   #6
sandygrimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
I hope someone finds an alternative or major extension of touch screens. They are neat, but very hard to use without looking. This makes them quite useless for example in cars, where you have to be able to distinguish buttons by their feel and shape, without looking. Of course, many car companies don't seem to realize that. But it's not just cars. On an old iPod without touchscreen, you can change the volume, the song or press play and pause without looking at the device. You can feel where the controls are, roughly. With an iPhone or iPod touch, well, you have dedicated buttons for volume control, but play, pause, forward, backward, all those require you to look at the device. I hope someone finds a way to solve this issue.
good point, not to mention if someone slams you against a touch wall , or if power shuts down. what than?
sandygrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 11:21   #7
tampi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post

Perhaps the graphene has the solution for that. They can create devices with relief in certain areas to display the buttons there.
With other materials that react to electrical stimuli ( I have seen them in some videos), contracting or dilating, can create better technology, keys or buttons that appear where the software decides to apply substantial increases of energy, f.e.
The combianción of both technologies could provide/fit.

EDIT:

Now, imagine all the walls of your house lined with this material. Our own holodeck!

Last edited by tampi; 06-02-12 at 11:55.
tampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 11:40   #8
Zelda master

What I want to see in the future are these things darned... Thankfully it's just 3 years away!

Both the shoes aswell as the board:

And ofcourse flying Cars!

Aswell ofcourse as glassesfree, holographic movies!

Yeah I'm a Back to the Future sucker
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 12:16   #9
MiCkiZ88

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackali View Post
That's pretty awesome, but just think of all the fingerprints everywhere! Not to mention the smudges! :/
Nano surface? Dirt and water resistant. Just would be very slippery though... xD
MiCkiZ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-12, 12:17   #10
Sir Croft

I want my Omni Tool, scientists. I can live without the rest.

Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote