www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Debate and Political Discussion

Old 21-03-12, 18:13   #21
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Tony View Post
Here in the UK we've had a very cold winter with lots of snow, which is unusual for the UK, so I don't really think personal experiences can be brought into play here. I think it's ridiculous when people point to abnormal weather in their region (be it hot or cold) as evidence for or against global warming.

As for climate change itself, I believe it's happening but I don't think the human factor is as big as some believe, and I certainly don't agree with a lot of the government action that has been taken as a result of it.
I think you'll find only England got the snow this year… Scotland and Ireland was clear of any 'Bad Snow' but we encountered the snow in 2010 and '11.

So yeah, England.
Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 18:18   #22
moodydog
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
I think you'll find only England got the snow this year… Scotland and Ireland was clear of any 'Bad Snow' but we encountered the snow in 2010 and '11.

So yeah, England.
Lancashire area wasn't affected at all, we got snow in mid February. That was all.
moodydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 18:21   #23
Zebra
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
The most immediate catastrophe I can think of is flooding or natural disasters. Other than that, I doubt we will be seeing planes fall from the sky just yet. I don't think we have much to worry about right now, at least not in our lifetime.
There have been several examples of serious climate changes happening as suddenly as during a timespan of a few decades in the past. So I wouldn't be too sure of that.
Old 21-03-12, 18:23   #24
Cochrane
Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Isn't the ozone layer regenerating ATM. My old chemistry teacher told us that the amount of carbon-dioxide and other harmful gases has been so successfully reduced in the last few decades that the ozone slowly but steadily started to regenerate itself. Nevertheless the amount of harmful gases should be kept as low as possible still.

This weather is quite weird here. October was like January without snow, and then December and January was like a cool Spring, followed by a drastic cold wave in February. And now March is as hot as May. Although I think these change automatically, and humans doesn't have as much to do with it as some people think.
The ozone layer on the one hand and global warming and CO2 on the other hand have nothing, nothing to do with each other! They are (almost) completely unrelated effects.
Old 21-03-12, 18:26   #25
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochrane View Post
The ozone layer on the one hand and global warming and CO2 on the other hand have nothing, nothing to do with each other! They are (almost) completely unrelated effects.
I worded that a little bad, but both of them has something to do with global warming, don't they?
Old 21-03-12, 20:53   #26
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodydog View Post
Lancashire area wasn't affected at all, we got snow in mid February. That was all.
Well then, doesn't help the persons case
Old 21-03-12, 20:55   #27
Aphrodite22
Professor

I dont believe in global warming.
Aphrodite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-12, 21:26   #28
Sgt BOMBULOUS
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBloodRed View Post
Totally missed Winter this year... it went from Fall to Spring!! LOL

Might not be because of Global Warming, these types of occurances happen all the time.

However... I am more afraid of Global Cooling more than anything. D:
And yet just last year we had a bitterly cold winter. I woke up one morning and it was 11 degrees... In HOUSTON! This warm spell doesn't prove a thing.
Old 21-03-12, 23:38   #29
Mad Tony
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post

So yeah, England.
Really?

Quote:
Snow hit southern Scotland and parts of Wales
England is part of the UK anyway, so I don't really see what you're getting at here. Seems like pointless nitpicking.

So no, UK.
Old 22-03-12, 00:06   #30
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Tony View Post
Really?

England is part of the UK anyway, so I don't really see what you're getting at here. Seems like pointless nitpicking.

So no, UK.
No, UK = Collective

If not everywhere got the snow, it's not UK? It's where the bloody snow fell and that's England!