www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-13, 04:42   #811
MangelinaJolie
Professor
 
MangelinaJolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,033
Default

Does not sound as interesting as I thought it would be. Guess the videos we'll be seeing soon will show if it's worthwhile or not.

Honestly, I get the impression they're doing it because they can, not because they want to make something unique or interesting.
MangelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:43   #812
Carbonek_0051
Junior Member
 
Carbonek_0051's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: -|Gotham City|-
Posts: 65,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangelinaJolie View Post
Does not sound as interesting as I thought it would be. Guess the videos we'll be seeing soon will show if it's worthwhile or not.
You didn't seem to interested from the start.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:43   #813
Tomb_of_Darkns
Archaeologist
 
Tomb_of_Darkns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 1,804
Default

Sure I wished for innovation in MP, but i def knew that was going to be very rare. I mean all MP's are identical now. Except I do find the "brutal" melee finisher when "bleeding out" sounds interesting. I think this MP could be good and plain fun. I'm not expecting a whole lot of "OMG thats awesome." So i'll be happy if its any good. Which it probably will be. But yeah i need to see some footage first.
__________________
They say passion fades, but there is a deeper love once the fire goes away.
Tomb_of_Darkns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:44   #814
MangelinaJolie
Professor
 
MangelinaJolie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
You didn't seem to interested from the start.
Then you mistook my arguments before. I've been interested, I'm just cautious and worried about the way this is being handled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb_of_Darkns View Post
Except I do find the "brutal" melee finisher when "bleeding out" sounds interesting.
In Gears of War (wish I could stop bringing this up but it's applicable), that would be called an execution. Nothing original.

Last edited by MangelinaJolie; 03-01-13 at 04:45.
MangelinaJolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:44   #815
Dark_Messiah
Archaeologist
 
Dark_Messiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
Oh you mean the MP that every game has?
KNEW IT.

Did you even read what I wrote? After writing several times that its a replaceable MP mode like every game has I mention Uncharted

.
.
.

And obviously people immeadiatly react to it as if I am some kind of fanboy

Edit: Good god the sentence before I mention Uncharted basically said that

Last edited by Dark_Messiah; 03-01-13 at 04:46.
Dark_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:45   #816
_Awestruck_
Tomb Raider
 
_Awestruck_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In a glass case of emotion
Posts: 12,268
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss.haggard View Post
Here's a summary, bitches.
  • He acknowledges that fans will be wary of changes.
  • But of course comes back to say that after playing it feels the "creation and execution are coming from the right place." Of course you're going to say that now, then the review will come out and you'll pan it.
  • Team Deathmatch is in.
  • "a team of Lara's surviving allies pitted against a group of hostile natives cutely referred to as "scavengers.""
  • Best-of-three matches, alternating between sides.
  • "an immediate wrong turn out of our cavernous base ... had us sliding down a rocky water tunnel..."
  • "the maps aren't too wide open"
  • "lever-baser traps that shot spikes out of walls, climable surfaces (ohh, fancy), destroyable environmental elements (like bridges), and weaponry like Lara's now trademark bow and arrow."
  • Second game type "Rescue" survivors have to collect a certain amount of med-packs and deliver them to rotating destinations while scavengers must reach a certain kill count.
  • Rescue gives survivors a "bleed-out" time, that you can cut short with a "brutal" melee finisher. No talk if you can bring back people that are bleeding out.
  • "Wind Chasm" was the map they played on. Tropical, with traps, vantage points and junk.
  • Karl "dropped hints about a mode called "Cry for Help," which apparently will place a strong emphasis on discovery and collection." Adventure as opposed to combat game type.
  • Unclear if any other modes available.
  • "select from a deep roster of characters."
  • "different stats and loadouts."
  • "primary firearm/bow, sidearm, grenade style projectile, climbing axe that serves as a melee."
  • XP gained can go to altering stats and purchasing more advanced characters.
  • No Lara in multiplayer that he saw.
  • Can chose the same character as a teammate.
  • Some single player actions have been sped up for sanity-sake.
  • Blah blah Guardian of Light makes them think multiplayer is what we want blah blah.
  • "[Noah Hughes] goes on to note that while it make seem odd that this historically loner heroine now has a whole roster of companions..." What happened to Alistair? Zip? Anya? ... Oh yeah, reboot.
  • Goes through the same old campaign points; hanging upside down, falling onto spike, running through cave, Sam, wolf, bear trap, blah blah blah.
  • Bow can be used to distract enemies.
  • More QTE's.
  • "... Lara runs into a group of scavengers that includes a shielded man wearing a steel mask. Gunfire doesn't work on this guy..." MY TIN FOIL ARMOR WILL SAVE MEEEEEEE

- Dave Rudden, OXM Issue 145 February 2013

Blue are my thoughts.

As far as pictures go, they show one or two of the multiplayer, nothing interesting. The HUD is super slimmed down and barely noticeable.
Thank you.

I might be passing on the multiplayer mode, which honestly isn't any sweat off my back.
_Awestruck_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:45   #817
Dark_Messiah
Archaeologist
 
Dark_Messiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,010
Default

Oh right, totally forgot thanks for posting miss.haggard!!
Dark_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:46   #818
Carbonek_0051
Junior Member
 
Carbonek_0051's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: -|Gotham City|-
Posts: 65,675
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangelinaJolie View Post
Then you mistook my arguments before. I've been interested, I'm just cautious and worried about the way this is being handled.
Meh, I think it sounds like it might be a fun little side thing. The fact it's being done by Eidos Montreal doesn't give me any reason to think it might be bad. I am just going to need to see footage to judge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah View Post
And obviously people immeadiatly react to it as if I am some kind of fanboy
Because that's how you come across.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 04:49   #819
Dark_Messiah
Archaeologist
 
Dark_Messiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonek_0051 View Post
Because that's how you come across.
Oh really? I wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Messiah View Post
But to me it really sounds like the boring MP mode every game has. Ill say it --> Exactly like the one Uncharted has.
You didnt even read the first part, you just saw Uncharted and started correcting me with something I wrote myself. Quite ignorant
Sure I come across as a total Uncharted fanboy by not enjoying the thought of TR having an unoriginal MP mode. Its funny that mentioning Uncharted immeadiatly makes me a fanboy in your point of view.


Back to topic:
What Crystal is pulling off is no good marketing. Telling us the things that are totally boring and replaceable but "hinting at more interesting modes". Really? I am sure many people will buy the game if they do nothing more than show us the boring stuff and hint at the cool stuff

Last edited by Dark_Messiah; 03-01-13 at 05:02.
Dark_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-13, 05:09   #820
MyRaider4Life
Tomb Raider
 
MyRaider4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 10,060
Default

Hmm. I'm going to assume there is more than just what they played. I don't find any logic in giving a whole separate team of devs the opportunity to make multiplayer, only to give us three modes. Even then, if there is, I'm expecting more will be added later.

Bit disappointed about hearing they saw no signs of Lara in MP. I think CD would be stupid to leave her out, honestly. Loving that "deep roster of characters" though. Classic Lara is so happening guys. <3

Do love what they've told though. Sounds fun, and the capture the med-pak mode sounds quite interesting.

Last edited by MyRaider4Life; 03-01-13 at 05:10.
MyRaider4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:40.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.