www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 05-10-13, 23:27   #1
Joshorty
Archaeologist

Default Tomb Raider Gold work with Steam?

All my life I've never played Gold. I'm thinking of purchasing Tomb Raider I from Steam to finally change that. Will downloading Gold from TRChronicles work with the Steam version?

And what's the highest resolution available for the Steam PC version without using "Glidos" (that what it called?)?
Joshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 01:46   #2
Chris90
Hobbyist

Give this a look.

First link shows how to enable music from the Playstation version onto steam version, scroll down a bit further and shows how to enable the UB expansion and launch it from steam using the original TR1 game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=118984427

Another method:

http://www.gog.com/forum/tomb_raider..._tomb_raider_1

Also, Tomb Raider doesn't use Glidos on steam, it uses DOSbox. Resolution scales depending on your monitor native resolution to an extent. I have mine set at 1600x900, the game won't load of for me at 1920x1080. You can find the settings by clicking on the DOSbox application in the TR steam directory folder and going to the display options to have a play around with.

Last edited by Chris90; 06-10-13 at 02:00.
Chris90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 02:43   #3
Joshorty
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Give this a look.

First link shows how to enable music from the Playstation version onto steam version, scroll down a bit further and shows how to enable the UB expansion and launch it from steam using the original TR1 game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=118984427

Another method:

http://www.gog.com/forum/tomb_raider..._tomb_raider_1

Also, Tomb Raider doesn't use Glidos on steam, it uses DOSbox. Resolution scales depending on your monitor native resolution to an extent. I have mine set at 1600x900, the game won't load of for me at 1920x1080. You can find the settings by clicking on the DOSbox application in the TR steam directory folder and going to the display options to have a play around with.
Thanks. I managed to get the PlayStation music myself with the first link. And still referring to the first link, I'm having trouble with this step and onwards:

"Edit the new file dosboxTRUB.conf with a text editor and scroll to the very bottom of the file. Look for a line that says tomb.exe. Edit this line so that it now says tombub.exe. Save and close the file."

What do they mean with text editor? It's not just a matter of renaming a file is it? PS I did everything accordingly before that step mentioned.
Joshorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-13, 02:47   #4
Chris90
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorty View Post
Thanks. I managed to get the PlayStation music myself with the first link. And still referring to the first link, I'm having trouble with this step and onwards:

"Edit the new file dosboxTRUB.conf with a text editor and scroll to the very bottom of the file. Look for a line that says tomb.exe. Edit this line so that it now says tombub.exe. Save and close the file."

What do they mean with text editor? It's not just a matter of renaming a file is it? PS I did everything accordingly before that step mentioned.
Open the file with notepad or an equivalent.
Chris90 is offline   Reply With Quote