www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 09-10-13, 20:33   #1
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Default Tomb Raider: Forgotten Remnants

Well... I really wanted to wait with making this thread until I get to the 90% of level making, but I feel like I'll never make it unless I actually show it to the community.

Generally, I started it in 2011 or 2010 with a simple idea of making a "Tomb of Ancient" alike level and learn a bit about using TRNG. The main scheme stayed to this day, but the level itself had been restarted at least two times with many variations and different ideas inbetween. Fortunately, I won't be restarting it anymore, so far I'm quite pleased with it's look.

The way of building it was just as simple as the original idea. As the final idea was to put the level's action inside a monastery, I found floor plans of some and tried to recreate it's arrangement inside the editor. Wasn't really thinking about gameplay then, though now while building I do have a slight idea of what could happen in what places. For now I'm planning to give it a typical adventure genre gameplay. You know, walking around, opening doors and finding items. Though there will be a bit of simple platforming and fighting. It surely won't be a "hardcore" level or overly long one, but more of a casual thing. If everything turns out well, there'll be a bit of documents with some story too.

So, here are the screenshots. What do you think? If you have any ideas of how to improve something, feel free to tell!

-------------------------------------------------

The level is released!
NEW, updated version!
OLD VERSION

Credits: teme9, Horus-Goddess, Piega, BARRY, Sorata, Level NextGen, Miramar, Devoid, Tomb Laraider, trix, uranos, Trinity, Lara's Boyfriend, tomb2player, PeeT, I.M., usuki_frenzist, maixhunk, mike quahe, karlo002, white tiger, mr xy, human, MissKroft, Trangel, Po Yu, uranos1, Horus, Josep Borruts, maax_87, Harrys, kurtisandlara, Dino, Symsi, Dino14, Spongebob, A_De, Zolee, Tomb Laraider, GeckoKid, -=DeMoS=-, l.m.

Testers: Cannibal, Ceamonks890, DVDSpike & krtomb

Last edited by Caesum; 22-11-15 at 20:17. Reason: released!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 20:43   #2
Reversi800
Hobbyist

Thumbs up

Very good work Caesum. I especially like lights effects and their colours. I love Levels set in Churces or Monasteries, they look very intriguing and you can set a very good storyline.

Keep up, 'cause it looks very promising.
Reversi800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 20:46   #3
larafan25
Legend

That horizon is so soft and gorgeous. This is what test rooms are for TBH, you've clearly found the atmosphere of this world. Every shot is so perfect! D:

I love the look with AOD Lara and the environment, and I love exploring these types of locations. And that menu is awesome, Werner's Notebook!

This screen is undeniably my favorite:

I think it would look even more amazing with glossy floors.

And lawd, that title is nice.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 20:47   #4
Zolee
Professor

Beautiful screenies there! You are very talented
Keep up the great work!
Zolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 20:52   #5
MrJavi94
Archaeologist

Very beautiful screens, Caesum!
Old 09-10-13, 21:03   #6
-Roli-
Relic Hunter

Amazing! I'm in love!
The title screen is just... wow!
-Roli- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 21:08   #7
Seth94
Tomb Raider

Excellent screens so far. I like the AOD feel it all has.
Old 09-10-13, 21:19   #8
DJ Full
Professor

To ty taka cicha woda... Dla mnie bomba i zarąbiście, że się odważyłeś to pokazać. Wreszcie jakiś zbalansowany polski konstruktor

^To everyone else... I just told him I didn't expect such a magnificient work after he praised my Advent pictures I really love the awesome idea of creating this thread, because we have another Polish builder who manages to efficiently do classic atmosphere with a slight NG touch yet without overdoing it (or producing a mad mosaic like I tend to). A rare and desired skill of balance. Go on with that, this should be good.

I totally agree with this screenshot being the best:

I can't say a negative word about the lighting in here, however the outside parts lack a bit of realism in this field, because the bulbs look like if the windows were lit from outside instead of inside.

A church! Nice. Never enough of those, especially because the Polish ones are usually filled with lots of religious "stuff" usable for gameplay - we Poles tend to split hairs, so apart from usual confessionals and Stations of the Cross, we have famous paintings, offering boxes, tables to keep catholic brochures for sale on, and - most of all - high tomb density (national VIPs were often buried in cathedrals like this). So my point is the cathedral feels a bit empty for now... but as soon as it changes, we should see a real marvel. And thank God it's a gothic building. If it was baroque, it would take twice longer to build

Last edited by DJ Full; 09-10-13 at 21:24.
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-13, 21:38   #9
Titak

Very good screens!

I like the atmosphere: the warm lighting.
That sky looks ominous, which is a good thing imo.
Old 09-10-13, 22:49   #10
Andes
Explorer

Yes yes yes, we're liking that