Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > General Chat

Old 01-05-05, 17:40   #1
Soma Holiday

Question

I'm playing RE4, and I just got to the part with Ada, but this is the first RE game I've ever played, and I really don't know who she it. Some one told me that her and Leon had a thing, and that everyone thought she was dead or something, but now he says she's working for Wesker or something.

Can you fill me in on what happened between them, and why she's working for so-and-so.

Thankies! I'll have to get some of the other games now that this one has to be my favorite game of all time!!

Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-05, 18:15   #2
RavenLettan
Inactive

Ada Wong, is a special Ops Agent from Resident Evil 2 that Leon Kennedy meets.

Rather than filling in the blanks, I'd suggest you play Resident Evil 2... It fills in the story so much better to who she is.

Why she is working for Wesker though, well that I don't know. I can only assume it had something to do with the fact she got a sample out from 'The Hive' before the US Government Nuked the City.
RavenLettan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-05, 02:07   #3
Soma Holiday

Question

Well you've got me intrigued Raven, but I have another question.

Is RE2 made on anything other than PS? Cause if it isn't than I can't play it. I ain't buying a PS after I bought a GC.

Is it on GC? PC maybe?

Old 02-05-05, 02:50   #4
Genocide

RE2 is available on both PC and GC, but you might have a hard time finding it (unless you buy it online)
Genocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-05, 03:06   #5
RavenLettan
Inactive

Your in luck... Because Capcom translated the entire Resident Evil Series to GameCube.

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.asp...039&mid=272090

Couldn't find it on EBGame.com though, I'd try Amazon.com they'll probably have it.

I need to get it again myself. The story in 2 is definately one of the most engrossing.

Word of warning though, if you've only played RE4 then don't be surprised at the difference in the games. The other games control very differently, and saving is a pain having to find the illusive Ink Ribbons.

But some things you'll like, like the linked storage boxes and such. Memo's outline the story, so you tend to want to read everything you get your hands on. RE4 has this but no where near to the same degree.

Still despite how awesomely different 4 is, they're still very similar games.
Just wish 2 & 3 had been updated like 1.. be cool if they rereleased all of them using the RE4 engine, that would so rock.
Old 02-05-05, 05:29   #6
bumb1ebee

Some of the Resident Evils, I think RE2 and RE3 are hard to find on the gamecube because of poor sales. I've heard of people saying the game can cost up to $60 depending on where you look.

I really have to start RE4, but I have finals so I'll have to wait until the summer
bumb1ebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-05, 17:29   #7
RavenLettan
Inactive

} LINKY { *

tada! and they have some in stock too.
I think now that Resident Evil 4 has made such a huge impact, there are new fans to the series who are just dying to know what's going on.

I quite like the fact how only a handful of players (like myself ) who play these games inside and out know roughly what's going on. Still so much was left un-answered in 4... Been having fun with the extra modes.

Like there's the Mercenaries Challenge (this is from 2/3 where you have a time limit to kill as many zombies as possible), and 'Operation Ada'.

She plays such a large role on RE4, it's hard not to like her. I always felt Jill was too weak, Rebecca was too green, and Claire was too headstrong.. It's nice to have a female character that has more levels to her.

When her and Leon first meet (properly) it's a real treat of a cut-scene.

*Fixed page stretching link.

[ 03. May 2005, 23:12: Message edited by: Neteru ]
Old 02-05-05, 20:49   #8
Soma Holiday

Unhappy

Yeah, that cutscene was really awesome.

WOW! 33 bucks!!! Arg....It'll be a while before I pic up that one, too much money for something so old.

They wouldn't happen to have novelized the game would they've? Is the book called City of the Dead?

[ 02. May 2005, 21:59: Message edited by: Soma Holiday ]
Old 02-05-05, 21:56   #9
RavenLettan
Inactive

Dunno.. not read any of the novels.
Games and Film is about all I've done. Not much of a reading person.. feels like I'm wasting valueable time sitting around all calm and doing nothing. heh

The GameCube version isn't old. It was only released like 2003. I'm not sure the normal for stuff like this state-side (I always bought my games new :: shrug : ... $33 is ~£15 which is what I'd expect to pay for a 'Pre-Played' game.

Heh just love that term for second hand.
I've got the PC version somewhere, which is like 140MB.. Got it off Freeloader.com or something, can't remember. It's buggy though, they didn't port it quite right.

Tell you what, if you like the Resident Evil games should also look up Dino Crisis. The second one is good but too action packed, and the 3rd one I've not played but looks like an arcade game. First one is very atmospheric with a good story. ^_^
Old 03-05-05, 22:03   #10
Soma Holiday

Smile

I'll have to check them out.

Does this sound like RE2?

"The main focus more or less divided between Claire Redfield, searching for her brother Chris, he of the recently fallen S.T.A.R.S. Unit, and Leon Kennedy, a new member of the Raccoon Police Department who shows up to his first day on the job to a city overrun with flesh-eating zombies, skinless dogs, and snake tongued monsters."

That is a review for the book. I think I'm gonna just buy all 7 of them. It'd be easier than tracking down all the games.