www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 13-12-15, 01:21   #1
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Thumbs up Tomb Raider Return To Rest

I can finally say I am proud to announce my first level set to be near completion and be coming to TRLE sometime in 2016, i've been working hard on this for quite a long time when I have the chance and it's coming along extremely well.

Story

Lara, forever being the hero has finally recovered the fifth and final meteorite artifact, the Hand Of Rathmore during her final encounter with her old rival, Sophia Lee.

Since returning home to the manor with all 5 artifacts now in her possession, it was not long until the Hand Of Rathmore began to emit its deadly glowing substance across her trophy room, realising that the artifact seemed impossible to store anywhere in a safe environment and thus she began to think of a solution.

Days after days of research, she came across nothing until something popped to her mind; Dr.Willard's wallet, still had much packed inside it but nothing really caught her attention except for an old note, which was hidden deep at the bottom.

Upon closer inspection, the note clearly was from the previous RX Tech researcher who had not long recently sent the previous note claiming the Hand Of Rathmore was stolen by Sophia which had given Lara her previous lead but this message had more of a purpose for a cry of help more than anything as Lara read lower down.

It was exclaiming that the researcher had just finished his latest discovery towards the Hand Of Rathmore but unfortunately had been captured by Sophia's lackeys during his investigation into the theft of the artifact which he followed via a "Glowing Substance" and was in desperate need of a rescue in order to deliver his documents, it seems he only managed to get his note out to Willard explaining he was being held captive in a quarry near towards the eurotunnel.

Lara, instantly recognizing the place she had not long previously visited felt it may be her only chance to find the researcher and his documents to see what new discoveries he found out about the artifact, so she packed the essentials and thus set out in her helicopter to the outskirts of Shakespeare Cliff.

==

This idea came when I realised none of the artifacts from Tomb Raider 3 was ever displayed in her manor, not to mention the Hand Of Rathmore would be impossible to store there and so along with that and part of the Tomb Raider 3 story about the Polynesians fleeing from Antarctica for an unknown reason after they crafted the artifacts from the meteorite, I came to the conclusion it was due to the creating the Hand Of Rathmore with their ignorance and being unable to control the power of it due to the spreading energy, but never got the chance to seal it away.

Note: None of these screenshots may be final!

Levels

United Kingdom

Revising Shakespeare

A mysterious dark pit which could lead anywhere, choices to choose.

Slinc Quarry

Antarctica

Meteorite Cavern

Someone has been messing with explosives again...

Temple Of Rathmore

There is bound to be a way across somehow.

???

Gameplay Style

I'm hoping to be able to use all the TRLE tools at disposal in order to get the closest form of Tomb Raider 3 experience as possible, such as the classic outfits and weapons, font and level statistics, Tomb Raider 3 sized health/air/sprint bars, ammo display, weather effects and some enemies from Tomb Raider 3 itself, not forgetting sound effects as well as secrets and kills.

Bare in mind I am using TREP for this project as I have been for a long time, so hopefully things will turn out rather well. If there as any problems, which there hasn't been as of yet for over 2 years, i'd look to the forum for help as it is.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 18-05-16 at 15:12.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-15, 11:11   #2
Titak

This sounds really interesting!
I like the idea of continuing the TR3 story like this.
Old 13-12-15, 11:32   #3
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

Well I thought of giving it some form of closure and it's a fun game to play as it was. Though the only thing I got problems is that i'm wondering if it's possible to change the snow sprite for the weather effect.

Last edited by TombRaiderTim; 13-12-15 at 11:34.
TombRaiderTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-15, 14:22   #4
TheTiger
Professor

Loved your Captain Alban Olympics level. It had one of the best cliff-geometry in a level that i have seen. After giving us a treat like that, i am rather unpatient to wait for a screenie of this one.

Last edited by TheTiger; 13-12-15 at 14:24.
TheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-15, 17:14   #5
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

That wasn't me, I have yet to release a level set on trle. TimJ done that. :P
Old 13-12-15, 20:03   #6
TheTiger
Professor

Oops. My apologies for the confusion.

Still looking forward to your screenshots, though.
TheTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-15, 01:30   #7
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

No problem, should have some up by the end of the week, I need to work on some good angles to be honest. xD
Old 16-12-15, 16:34   #8
LaraSpears
Student

It's amazing to see you work on your first levelset and it's near it's finish line, I can't wait to see your progress, I'm pretty sure it's absolutely fantastic.

It's great to see more level builders make levelsets like you, I'm sure I'm going to love your work!
Old 16-12-15, 16:48   #9
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

This sounds cool! Out of curiosity when you said "classic outfits", did you mean classic recreations or the original models, but just slightly changed for TRLE/TREP?
Old 16-12-15, 18:32   #10
TombRaiderTim
Archaeologist

I'd prefer classic models with the weapons, i'm leaving doing the outfits until last, since I have a test level to try them out I can do them anytime/ I wouldn't mind having help with sending the outfits and weapons over from Tomb Raider 3 to be used correctly on the Tomb Raider 4 engine.

I'm using the TR3 Nevada Outfit for the UK levels and the Antarctica outfit from TR3 for the Antarctica levels obviously and i'm probarbly hoping to use the TR3 weapons Pistols, Uzis, Shotgun, Desert Eagle for Revolver, Grenade Launcher and possibly the Rocket Launcher in the crossbow slot.

I'm just a tad annoyed that I don't think its possible to remove the three selection ammo from crossbow and grenade launcher and two selection for the Shotgun, I don't really want to use TRNG as the camera angle is pretty messed up as it is zoomed in more close unless that problem has been fixed now.

I'm also going to be using the ammo from TR3 for the weapons as well as health pickups and Flares. I'd move to TRNG if the camera angle can be solved as it now uses vehicles which mimic TR3 quad bike and a few other settings.

Screenshot Updated.