Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Rise of the Tomb Raider

Old 31-03-16, 05:50   #1
Gian Carlo

Arrow New secret video file shows Lara at Croft Manor

I was randomly searching through the games files when I came across this hidden video:

Then I saw the date of the file and it was March 29, 2016, so this came with the last update of the game!

Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 05:56   #2
tomblover

Oh, ****. This reminds me of something -- in the classics, didn't Lara wrestle the manor out of her aunt's possession?

I see the parallel.
tomblover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 06:07   #3
VictorXD

^ I'm pretty sure it was in LAU actually.

I was pretty bothered how suddenly they retconned that the Manor issue. One time the Manor is in the hands of her uncle and he doesn't want to give it up to Lara because she is a hazard to herself (lame excuse of his part too), but then suddenly Ana has been living there all along, and then Lara goes back to Manor to research the Divine Source, but then Ana is nowhere to be seen... like wut?

Wish they kept the legal battle for the Manor, would have been interesting, and the writing in that video is actually good. Shame. Oh well, when it comes to CD disappointment and me aren't strangers.

still, thanks for posting this thought! Be sure to post in case you find something else interesting
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 06:08   #4
Profc

Slightly off topic but you need to create will for your own children? If so that sounds a bit silly. In some countries as soon as the parent dies children have full rights to the estate.
Profc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 06:11   #5
VictorXD

Might be because Lara was a minor when her parents died so she couldn't inherit it, so I guess the legal rights to holding the Manor went to her next of kin, which I guess is her uncle.
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 06:13   #6
Isaac

Early april fool joke lol.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 06:16   #7
Daft Raider
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gian Carlo View Post
Lmao, that literally looks like concept art of TRU's Manor after the exploasion, look at the middle structure, it's destroyed and looks burnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I was pretty bothered how suddenly they retconned that the Manor issue. One time the Manor is in the hands of her uncle and he doesn't want to give it up to Lara because she is a hazard to herself (lame excuse of his part too), but then suddenly Ana has been living there all along, and then Lara goes back to Manor to research the Divine Source, but then Ana is nowhere to be seen... like wut?
That's because CD couldn't be bothered to make the comics and the games connect, so the comics are passively "cannon" aka, not really.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 31-03-16 at 06:17.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 09:19   #8
Heidi_w_

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Wish they kept the legal battle for the Manor, would have been interesting
After completing Rise I asked Rhianna if Lara had moved into the Manor (as seemed to be the case in the ending cutscene), and she told me Lara and her uncle had reached a sort of "understanding". I'd have very much liked to have seen this integrated in the comics, but then you'd have people complaining that the issue didn't have enough action, wasn't TR, etc. So it ended up happening off-page.

So yes, Lara's currently residing at the Manor, but I'm thinking she's still not in control of her estate -- it's more likely her uncle is giving her a base stipend to maintain the Manor (at a minimal level) and little else.
Heidi_w_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 09:44   #9
Shark_Blade

Where exactly is the location of this "hidden" video in the game files..?
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-16, 12:27   #10
Gian Carlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Where exactly is the location of this "hidden" video in the game files..?
The movies folder lol it just appeared there after the last update without any notice.
Gian Carlo is offline   Reply With Quote