Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

View Poll Results: What are your plans about TRNG plugins?
I am not for Tomb Raider on TRF forums. 0 0%
I like Tomb Raider (movie, cosplay etc.), but I am not interested in Tomb Raider games. 0 0%
I play Tomb Raider games, but I am not interested in anything about user customization for Tomb Raider games, not even playing them. 0 0%
I play Tomb Raider games, but I am not a level builder/plugin maker/programmer etc. I will definitely encounter plugin features in new custom games. 4 8.33%
I am interested only in other aspects (software developing, music composing etc.) for Tomb Raider game customization, not in level building or making plugins. 0 0%
I build, but only with TRLE/TREP/Dxtre3d/other editor. 0 0%
I am a TRNG user, but I don't care about plugins. 2 4.17%
I don't plan to make plugins myself, but I'd like to use them in my TRNG as the author made them. 20 41.67%
I don't plan to make plugins myself, but I'd like to customize the plugin I use, with Visual Express. 2 4.17%
I plan to make plugins, as a level builder, but only for the game I create. 0 0%
I plan to make plugins, as a level builder, and I will share it sooner or later. 14 29.17%
I plan to make plugins, as a programmer, but only for my own level building. 0 0%
I plan to make plugins, as a programmer, and I will share it sooner or later. 6 12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-16, 12:58   #1
AkyV

Default What are your plans about TRNG plugins?

It is not a request, it was my idea.

A public poll, it will never be expired.

EDIT:
It is perhaps hard to understand, so I help a bit:
"Programmer" doesn't mean you cannot build levels, it means you have a bigger knowledge to make a plugin than a "casual" level builder.

Here are Paolone's terms:

Quote:
Level builders
Here we find level builders that, having a good experience about advanced scripting (trng variables, conditional triggers, organizer) they have already programming abilities.
They have only to learn the syntax of new C++ functions and informative structures to create from scratch their plugin with new enemies, AI skills, vehicles ect.

Programmers
This is higher of "advanced" supposing that these programmers are able to program also in assembly language (other than C++, of course)
Using assembly language they can get access to low level code of tomb raider and patch it, rather creating only from scratch new features in C++ language.

Last edited by AkyV; 06-02-17 at 12:14.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 13:22   #2
Raider99

Nice idea.
I definitely plan to make plugins, as a programmer. I started learning C++ last year, now I'm half way through it and I hope I'll be able to make something myself and share with the community.
Raider99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 13:46   #3
AkyV

I am glad to hear that.
I found IT interesting, however, I don't think I'll have time or mood nowadays to learn C++ seriously. Paolone's huge tutorial must be enough for me.
So I'd like to make plugins, only as a level builder, taking only the basics of C++. Naturally they will be made a priori to be public.
Old 07-12-16, 14:24   #4
Xopax

I don't plan on making plugins since programming is not a thing i'm interested, but i will definitely use plugins in my levels as i think this is a great way to expand TRNG. I can't wait for the very first plugins people will make.
Xopax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 15:16   #5
Mrs Manson

I don't plan to make plugins, but i will use released plugins if they interest me.
NG script is good enough to me
Mrs Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 17:20   #6
Titak

Since I doubt I'll ever make plugins as a programmer, not knowing anything whatsoever about it at the moment, I voted for making plugins as a builder and releasing them at some point.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 17:45   #7
VictorXD

TBH the first 3 options are pretty useless poll options

Anyways, voted for 'I won't make plugins but I'll use them'.
VictorXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 17:51   #8
AkyV

No, if you are a user in those categories, and want to vote.
Old 07-12-16, 17:53   #9
AODfan

I voted "I plan to make plugins, as a level builder, and I will share it sooner or later."
I will probably make most of them for my level but I plan to release them for everyone once my level is done or I have no use for it anymore. I'll probably release the source code with them so people can modify them if they conflict with other plugins
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-16, 17:58   #10
Mrshina

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODfan View Post
I voted "I plan to make plugins, as a level builder, and I will share it sooner or later."
I will probably make most of them for my level but I plan to release them for everyone once my level is done or I have no use for it anymore. I'll probably release the source code with them so people can modify them if they conflict with other plugins
Same here... Not sure about the need of programming right now, but maybe later (I already have some ideas which "maybe" can't be done without it)

Last edited by Mrshina; 07-12-16 at 18:01.
Mrshina is offline   Reply With Quote