www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 12-01-18, 08:03   #1
frankky
Hobbyist

Default Problem room smallest solved

Hello to all
the problem of the distant stakes has been solved this way.

I created a room above or below and I connected it with a DOOR, after this operation the room is fine.

Hi Franky
frankky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 09:15   #2
Mulf
Archaeologist

Well, frankky, I’m glad you got your problem sorted; however, there was no need to create a new topic for this announcement. I understand you are referring to your previous topic, which is where you should have posted this.

For the benefit of others who might run into the same problem (it is a common issue with budding builders), allow me to restate the problem, as I’m afraid you have not explained it very clearly.
Your original post seems to refer to a problem with navigating within the level editor; but your latest post appears to imply that the actual problem was that you could not see certain rooms (or parts of them) with Draw Doors activated, or in the game itself. Hence, the situation was like this:

Here, you would be able to see only part of the lower room ahead, because the view is impeded by the absence of a room to look through. Beginners often think they do not need to build such rooms, because there is nothing in them after all! However, this is a mistake. If there is no room, this means that there is nothing, and you can’t see through nothing.

Hence, the solution is to build that room for Lara to look through, properly stacked and connected with portals to its neighbouring rooms, like this:

Again, I’m glad you hit upon the solution apparently by yourself, but it would have helped if you had stated your problem clearly to begin with. You need to be as precise as possible, especially in technical matters such as this, or else we all stumble about in the dark. If the English language is not a close friend of yours, use pictures, take screenshots.
Now carry on, have a good day, and happy building!

Last edited by Mulf; 12-01-18 at 15:29.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 19:04   #3
LeelooBastet
Historian

Well isn't there a fusion button ?
On my old website, it was possible to fusion 2 topics.
This way this topic would be automatically put at the other's end
LeelooBastet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-18, 19:23   #4
Mulf
Archaeologist

On this site, it falls within the purview of the admins.
Mulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-18, 10:09   #5
frankky
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulf View Post
Well, frankky, Iím glad you got your problem sorted; however, there was no need to create a new topic for this announcement. I understand you are referring to your previous topic, which is where you should have posted this.

For the benefit of others who might run into the same problem (it is a common issue with budding builders), allow me to restate the problem, as Iím afraid you have not explained it very clearly.
Your original post seems to refer to a problem with navigating within the level editor; but your latest post appears to imply that the actual problem was that you could not see certain rooms (or parts of them) with Draw Doors activated, or in the game itself. Hence, the situation was like this:

Here, you would be able to see only part of the lower room ahead, because the view is impeded by the absence of a room to look through. Beginners often think they do not need to build such rooms, because there is nothing in them after all! However, this is a mistake. If there is no room, this means that there is nothing, and you canít see through nothing.

Hence, the solution is to build that room for Lara to look through, properly stacked and connected with portals to its neighbouring rooms, like this:

Again, Iím glad you hit upon the solution apparently by yourself, but it would have helped if you had stated your problem clearly to begin with. You need to be as precise as possible, especially in technical matters such as this, or else we all stumble about in the dark. If the English language is not a close friend of yours, use pictures, take screenshots.
Now carry on, have a good day, and happy building!
Hi Mulf
forgive my bad ENGLISH and my imprecision in explaining the problem.

The problem was that the rooms suddenly saw you very far and could not be used in that state.

In my new topic I wanted to explain to everyone that maybe they have this problem, that I had found the solution, everything here.

Hi Franky
frankky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-18, 11:00   #6
Titak

Exclamation

Still, it should have been posted in your previous thread, since it is the same problem for which you had found the solution.
Better to keep question and solution in one place, together.
People might come across you problem, but then do not find the answer because it is in a different thread.

So, in the future, please do stick to one thread if it is about the same subject.

(We don't merge thread btw.)